Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  10,308 posts later, we say goodbye to SSBG 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10,308 posts later, we say goodbye to SSBG 2013 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I have my name Big Grin
AND -- My girls made dinner tonight and we had bacon, eggs, potatoes and toast for dinner tonight -- so no, Nickilee, you aren't the only ones.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5243 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Lori,

Rob and I have had a standing date to watch Survivor for the past 10+ years... our dinner is always a nice breakfast - for some reason it always taste so good! We did go to breakfast this morning but when it got to be super time I realized I hadn't thawed out anything so ta da -whipped us up another breakfast!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10296 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
Got mine!
SmileWave

I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says: "Oh NO! She's UP!"

Posts: 1758 | Registered: Apr 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I received my name. Thank you... Chris

Posts: 6350 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet here.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2320 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltingnewbie2
posted Hide Post
Ladies

If you havent gotten a PM from Nicki...it could have come from me !! Please check again as I know they ALL went last night !

Posts: 1203 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I got my SS. thanks
Carolyn

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2320 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Nicki, I had to chuckle when I read you and your hubby have a standing date to watch--"Survivor"...is that your secret to a long marriage? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KC1930,

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coffee/tea or me
posted Hide Post
got mine now to shop and sew.

Hugs

"Insanity is hereditary.You get it from your kids."

Posts: 3536 | Location: West of the Mississippi | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iluv2quilttoo
posted Hide Post
I have my name. Thanks Nicki.

Posts: 49 | Location: small town USA | Registered: Aug 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
HI ladies,
For your convenience I have posted the Link to the 2013 SSBG Birthday Wish List in the first post to this thread. Big Grin

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

Posts: 10296 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Hi all you Birthday Ladies of 2013! Here we go - another year...another year older...

I have posted all the birthdates by month on the first post of this thread along with the B'Day Wish List link. Please be sure to remember your SSBG's brithday and mail out her package so she receives it in time for her birthday. And please, don't forget to send me your confirmatiuon numbers...they proved to be extremely valuable in the SSSS this past Christmas.

Have fun and pleae be sure to send a gift package that you yourself would like to receive.Big Grin

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Our first Birthday Gal is Tisme - January 7th.... just wanted you to know a little birdie told me your prezzie should be there soon!Big Grin

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Oh, very cool! I will be watching for it! I took tomorrow off to just have a day for me.
Thanks Nicki

Posts: 4638 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Tammy...I hope it will be a great year ahead for you. I know I'm a couple days early, but just in case I get busy, I'll serve you up some cake early Smile

I did not make this cake, went looking for a nice cake and recipe for you that I just knew you'd love! Ran across this blog Smile

http://www.raspberricupcakes.c...ith-choc-coffee.html

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7155 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome Trish!! Cofffeeeee!! rofl
Thank you Smile
edited to add, I bookmarked the page, gonna have to try out that recipe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tisme,

Posts: 4638 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Well enjoy your day - Happy Birthday!!!!!! Pretty soon you'll catch up with me LOL!Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

posted Hide Post
Hoping your having a great day off Tammy, relax and enjoy your Birthday...

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7155 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I told all my young kids at work, that now I am the speed limit! 55
They all laughed at that one.
I am relaxing, I have had employees out at work for over 3 weeks, different ones, but all with the flu, well they finally got me a birthday present this year......the flu!!!

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Tammy. I wish I were the speed limit again. Big Grin

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3194 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
WEll - happy birthday anyway! I hope you get to feeling better soon Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5243 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday tomorrow, Tisme.

Deb

Posts: 1448 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Tisme!
Wishing you health & happiness throughout the year.
Hugs, Dianne

Posts: 803 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Tisme!Wave

Posts: 4462 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Just got home from work, stopped at the PO, and there was a package!! Couldn`t wait to get home and open it. My sweet birthday sister was llcp48!
She did a great job, she packed cotton balls on top. lol
Inside was 6 little gift bags, all stuffed with gifties for me!! Smile
1st one I opened was a really cool gem turtle ring, loved it, 2nd one was 2 threads, 1 was red and 1 was purple! 3rd bag was a really cool pair of little scissors for embroidery, 4th was a gorgeous purple scarf, omg, loved that! 5th bag was 2 packages of neat little buttons, and the 6th bag was 2 FQers with coffee designs!
Linda nailed it perfectly, the whole box was me through and through!!!!!
I will post a pic in a little bit, but wanted her to know how much I loved my birthday box.
Thank you so much Linda!!!

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Tisme! Wave

Posts: 10723 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, tisme..So glad you got your package in time for your birthday. Glad you liked it all.

Hugs, Linda

Posts: 532 | Registered: Aug 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to our 2 birthday sisters.

Posts: 1448 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday llcp48Wave Hope you are having a great day!

Posts: 803 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday llcp48. Hope your day was fantastic.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I did have a good day....

Hugs, Linda

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to bring something to your attention.

Unfortunately I, as hostess to SSBG, have had to remove a name from this swap due to the person not following through her commitment. After numerous attempts had been made and no response, I have swapped out SSBG's to take care of the situation. It is NOT fair to sign up for a swap and then just vanish.

Please ladies, if for some reason you cannot honor your promise to mail out a SSBG package (or for that matter any swap item), pleas elet the hostess know as soon as possible. We all enjoy the swaps here on the board. In order to make them successful, EVERYONE who signs up for a swap MUST follow through with the Guidleines.

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
That is just so not fair to the birthday lady. I know I was as excited as a kid to get my box, and Linda did such a great job.
Linda, wanted to tell you that I get all kinds of comments on how everyone loves the scarf.

Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
Tisme, so glad you liked the scarf... I did not make it but thought they were so beautiful. We have a lady at church who makes these. Sure wish I could but guess its a good thing I don't, wouldn't have time anyway....Lol

Hugs,
Linda

Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
Wave

I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning the devil says: "Oh NO! She's UP!"

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
OOOOOOPs... so sorry Gonesewin - I missed your Birthday! From the looks of that pile of threads you got - you had a great day! Happy Belated Birthday!

Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Gonesewin, sorry that I missed the day. Hope you had a great, quilty day.

Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
Happy Belated Birthday Gonesewin!
I posted on your thread thread....LOL
Wave

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Missed saying Happy Birthday to you on here Lori! So Happy Birthday late, lol
And since I am always behind, Happy Birthday Trish!!! Eat lots of cake for me!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the belated bday wishes. Still haven't received a box...

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Guess what the mailman brought me today!?!?!

A box.
A box full of wonderful stuff from a wonderful secret sister Smile
In the box was some pretty fall fabrics, a green table runner - one of my favorite colors, 2 bottles of doodads for cqing (and the bottles were stopped up with fabric instead of cotton, how clever!) a baggie of cq trims and thread, a note pad for the refrigerator, a really great book - not a Thimbleberries fan but I REALLY like this! I am looking forward to making a few of the things in it Smile - After June, of course!

Thank you Califshrimp for a great birthday present, you did a great job.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Great Happy Birthday Box!!

Posts: 4462 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califshrimp
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad it got there finally.
Wave
Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Glad you like your presents Big Grin:

Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to all Valentines month birthdays.

Posts: 1448 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Kentucky Sunshine! Wishing you a beautiful day!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Kentucky Sunshine hope you have a great day.

J Lu

Posts: 1156 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3194 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ladies, that cake looks delish Erma Smile Big Grin

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Here is hoping Trish had a great birthday, heard she ate CHEESE CAKE!! lol

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
KS, did you check your emails???? Big Grin

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post