Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  10,308 posts later, we say goodbye to SSBG 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10,308 posts later, we say goodbye to SSBG 2013 Sign In/Join 
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Love the cat fabric and the paw prints!

Oh a gift certificate to connecting threads. That could be a lot of fun.

A couple of great boxes... Chris

Posts: 6227 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
TTT Big Grin

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10276 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
May Hope you had a great day. I see you got some great gifts. Happy Belated!

J Lu

Posts: 1092 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
Karen - what a wonderful selection of fabrics, just love those cats, want to share where you are hiding those candies?

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Purple Butterfly
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I am so embarrassed. I was not well the first 3 months of the year. Then I keep remembering to log in when I am not near my computer. Happy Birthday to the May people. I will go back and see your names and re-wish you a proper birthday.

To my SS I have not forgotten about you. I am working on making something for you already. I have also bought things for you.

A very embarrassed Purple Butterfly.

Butterflies float around my hillside

Posts: 2772 | Location: With the butterflies on my hill | Registered: Oct 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Another month has passed us by and a new one is fast approaching. Happy Birthday to all the June babies!

If your SSBGs birthday is this month please be sure to mail you package out in time for her to receive it by her Birthday - and with confirmation. Big Grin

June B'Days:

6/4 - AppleBetty
6/16 - Ely
6/18 - Cksvett
6/20 - Shauna's CraftyQuilter

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nickilee,

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

Posts: 10276 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, June Ladies.

Posts: 4448 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday AppleBetty! Hope you had a wonderful day - please post a picture of your goodies when you have a chance.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday June bugs.

J Lu

Posts: 1092 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
June Birthday Wishes being sent your way. Hope all the June gals have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Fleur55

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday June Ladies!!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES
NICKI YOU PUT MY ANIVERSARY IS THE 18 BUT MY BIRTHDAY IS THE 16
LOVE ELY
I WILL SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY IN THE AIRPORT

Posts: 1783 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ely - I've corrected it.... LOL! Must have been thinking about Rob when I posted your B'day as the 18th - his is that day and I will be missing it cause I'll be on the beach with you!

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Junie Bugs! I have a Junie bug, too, my DD was 31 Yesterday and guess what my Baby is having her 1st baby! Big Grin

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3170 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applebetty
posted Hide Post
Got some very nice things for my June birthday(we won't say what year it is) Sorry I can't post pictures as I have no camera and no way to post for now. I keep asking Santa for a camera but I must be on his naughty list. Thank you Pat Shields for some of the most useful and beautiful home made gifts. Home made is the best. First of all a sewing caddie, one that sets under your sewing machine with pockets for sissors and what knots, a snap bags(Just love the choise of material in that one) Needle holder, a apron(Homemade) I am getting quite a collection of aprons now and loving them all, box of peach tea, 2 yards of lovely cloud material and 7 fat quarters of kiddy prints, (hope some day to find time to do some kiddy quilts for charity. Thank you again Pat

Quilters lead a piece-ful life

Posts: 435 | Location: On the road to somewhere | Registered: Nov 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
You're very welcome. I guess I forgot to tell you my board name-Wiley.

Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
Happybirthday t all June babies.

Posts: 1448 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
There was a box on the steps when I got home from work form Quiltslots. Know it can't be my birthday fat quarter as I already have that. Nor the traveling box, as that is somewhere else.

Guess it must be my birthday box?????? Chris

Posts: 6227 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday guys

J Lu

Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
No peeking till Tuesday! Happy Birthday, Chris

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Lets see, Tuesday starts at midnight...

Not sure what is going on but this morning on the way to work, DH wished me a HBD. Then when I got to work mr boss gave me a birthday card and wished me a Happy Birthday! So maybe I should be able to open it now????? Chris

Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
I came home today to a box! My birthday is Thursday but I opened the box and started to giggle. I did open the card to see who this surprise was from.
Here's a picture to show you what was in the box. This may take me 3 days to unwrap!! LOL
Thank you Fleur55

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shauna's crafty quilter,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Thanks quiltslots for my interesting birthday box. I opened it to find the packing material was a huge piece of batting. That was so much better than anything I would have had to throw away.

The first thing I opened completely has me stumped. Five or six plastic pieces in a package, with no description or name or anything???? Help, what are they and what are they for? Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Next I opened this cute wall hanging and it has found a home above my sewing table with my sewing machine and serger... Chris

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
they hold magazines in a spiral notebook...

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25862 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Listled are the other items I received in addition to a darling quilt birthday card.

I received a something I didn't know existed "Gloves In A Bottle". Guess it is like a hand lotion that doesn't wash off? A stack of 5 coordinated fat quarters and 5 packages of silk ribbons for embroidery I guess? Also a Quilt Address Book.

Thank you quiltslots for an interesting birthday box. Can't wait to meet you this weekend... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Thanks Quiltaholic! Knew someone would know what they were. Thought maybe for purses but never gave a binder for holding magazines a thought! Guess that is what the hole the length of the plastic piece is for? Sometimes I lead a very sheltered life!!!! Chris

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Shauna, I'm glad your box made itSmile. Since I was leaving for COF today I wanted to make sure it arrived for your birthday. Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Fleur55

Posts: 766 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
Wow Fleur55!! Thank you so much!! This was so much fun unwrapping all these treasures!! I love it all!! You did good girl!! Love the bags you made to! I'll be using them alot!! And love the candy! Hee hee! And the pattern and book are so neat. Can't wait to make things!! The tube turner will get used to! Thanks for that too!! Love the coloring of the fat quarters! And my little tea pot! Did you make that to? Also received a puzzle, tape measure and a apron panel to make!
Here's a picture of all my loot! I'm a very lucky girl today! Thanks again!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shauna's crafty quilter,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Looks like us June babies received some very nice gift boxes... Chris

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday June babes! Smile

Posts: 10564 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ely's birthday was the 16th. We took her out to eat to the Outback Restaurant down here in K ill D e vil Hills, NC. She is enjoying her birthday week at the beach.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25862 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES
I WANT TO THANK A BERY SPECIAL PERSON MY BIG SECRET SISTER PURPLE BUTTERFLY SHE SENT ME 5 PACKS OF BEATS BEAUTIFUL A VERY NICE COLOR GREEN TREAT AND TWO PACKS OF FABRIC ONE FOR CRAZY QUILTING AND THE OTHER WITH TEA CUPS AND LETTLERS. AND SHE HAVE NICKI LEE DO 3 ANTIC SPULL OF THEAT CRAZY QUILTED AND MAKE NETTLE KEEPER BEAUTIFUL I LOVE EVERYTHING I GOT.
THANK YOU
LOVE ELY

Posts: 1783 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
No Fair!!!!!!!!!! Mountain Laurel is my SSBG and she sent me my B'Day prezzies already! Big GrinBig Grin They are safely tucked aside, unwrapped until the 4th.... hmmmmmmm think I can wait that long to peek inside. Thank you in advance - can't wait to open them!

A little note about mine and Timescard's B'day. Timecard (Pat) and I met when she had signed up for one of my Crazy Quilting classes at a local quilt shop. Ended up she took her lessons privately at my house and we've become great friends - she is a real sweetheart. One day we got to talking and mentioned our birthdays... to our surprise we found out that we were born on the same day - July 4th! Hoping to see my dear friend soon so we can celebrate together!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well Happy Birthday to all I know you'll have a very bang up in the sky kind of day. Enjoy!

J Lu

Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
I got a pkg in the mail yesterday.Idon't know who it's from . I don't recognize the return addy. I can't wait till thurs.
I my house, I can't open till my daughters are there, as well as John, my 5 yr old grandson. My girls want to see my gifts,John is looking for candy.

Posts: 1448 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
I opened m pkg this morning. Thank you Deb51. I will post pix later in the week.I love everything. The fabrics are colors that I use all the time. My husband thanks you for the chocolate.
Pat

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Nicki and Timecard.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3170 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday America and to all you July babies. Hope you have a great day.

J Lu

Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JULY BABYS
NICKI HOPE YOU AND TIMECARD HAVE A GRAT DAY.
LOVE ELY

posted Hide Post
Happy birthday a little belated to my Secret Sister Nickilee. And, also to timecard too. Hope you day was a great one!

Carolyn

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Question for my SS (you might be her if you haven't had your bday yet) --

Would you prefer greens and yellow or green and orange or purple and white ??

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5138 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Thank you fro the Birthday wishes!

My SSBG certainly knew when she was putting my gift together that I would absolutely LOVE it! Mountain Laurel - you rock! Thank you so much for the Pro Chemical Dye Gift Certificate -the company is located about 1/2 an hour from me so I'll be taking a ride over to pick out some new colors. I love the matching bead roll & sewing caddy - grrreat idea! My hubby said "boy she knew your color didn't she" I've already put them to use and will have fun knowing where to find certainly items now that they have their own special place. The beads are perfect for under the sea themed CQ and a current project that I am working on. Thank you so much!

posted Hide Post
I have been a fan of your crazy quilting for years. so, yes I did remember that you like those colors. Hope you enjoy everything.

Carolyn

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
gonesewin, i haven't had my Birthday yet. Love Purple/blue combo.Also green/orange.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
well, Wiley, you might just get it since you were the only one to answer...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5138 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
One more day til August! WOW! Where has the summer gone? Hope everyone has been enjoying the summer months and taking some time for yourself.

Happy Birthday to our August B'Day Babies - we have 2 this month. If one of these ladies is your SSBG, please be sure to put confirmation on your packages when mailing out and let me know you've mailed.

August B'Days:

8/6 - lilmommie
8/20 - SueB

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well I'm just going to get mine in early. Ill be running the rest of the week. I've gotten involved in the remaking the Stars Spangle Banner at Fort McHenry and painting barn quilts for Carroll County what fun that is. I think I had more paint on me.

Oh! ok back to topic Happy Birthday August babies. Christmas is right around the corner.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday August birthday gals!

Carolyn

posted Hide Post
I love purples and turquoise blues Lori!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MountainLaurel,

Carolyn