Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out... Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
Hey y'all! You are the fortunate ones - Girls just wanna have fun, right? And that's just what we're gonna do!

The Lists:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/2683994077

Here's the current list of attendees:

1. aka Teddylady
2. Aliquilt
3. Ambher
4. Amiko
5. AngelaC
6. angelinamor
7. Aunt Jo
8. Auntie Reba
9. Big Sister
10. califgal
11. chanlady22
12. Charmingsister
13. Chesapeake Jane
14. cksvett
15. Cr8tve1
16. craftylady1924
17. DJBrown
18. EBGQ
19. Elainetoo
20. fishingwidow
21. FLEUR55
22. GAQuilter
23. Gemsq
24. Gonesewin
25. Headielamar
26. Hot Potter Momma
27. Iluv2quilttoo
29. Jane_kiwi
30. Jayardi
31. kblue
32. lakequilter
33. lindaj52
34. LisaP8
35. mcpatches
36. MissMommy
37. motqltr
38. MountainLaurel
39. musiclady
40. needlecrazy
41. NT Quilter
42. PatriciaAnne
43. Quiltslots
44. quilted magnolia
45. royalboomer
46. sewlove2quilt
47. TeaSea
48. terrimae
49. Tisme
50. Warm Buns
51. 3grandkids
52. Famous Amos
53. Tweety Bird
54. A Very Special Chick

Here's a link to the old thread http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/2413984367

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4910 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Hotel reservations made. Going to arrive on Weds and do some site-seeing.

And will be available if Lori or her team needs any extra help.

Posts: 7982 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
-- DO NOT CALL THE 1-800 NUMBER --

---USE THE WEBSITE---

CALL THE HOTEL DIRECT AT 1-717-939-7841 if you would rather talk to a person OR IF YOU WANT A HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE ROOM - this room may not be located next to "the block" but there ARE some available and it SHOULD be at the same rate of $95.00 per night between June 18 - 25.

Anyone who is on the committee or #'s 1 - 63 may go to this site http://www.holidayinn.com/hote...detail?groupCode=COQ and reserve their room. All details are on the blog http://cof2013.blogspot.com/
A thread for people to get help with finding a roommate will come along soon.

Officially the retreat starts on Friday, June 21 and ends on Sunday, June 23, 2013. You may check in on Tuesday the 18th & check out on Tuesday the 25th and still enjoy the special rate of only $95.00 per night!

When you get to the site, you should see under "Book This Hotel" that rooms are available from $95.00 USD. As long as you put in dates between the 18th and the 25th you will get this rate. Be sure the Group Code shows "COQ" in the box and "Best Available" should be in the Rate box. You cannot receive any other discounts. Do not change the "rate" to anything other than Best Available.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4910 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
///.. I wasn't expecting $147.00 am I doing something wrong?

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8991 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Sandie..you probably got charged the whole amount. You can call them or settle it when you pay your final bill. There is a group code COQ

Hope this helps.

Carolyn

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2298 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I have reservations made for Iluv2quilttoo and myself. We will be arriving on Tuesday and leaving Monday.

Carolyn

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2298 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
City/Sandie - That is the normal rate for the rooms, you must have your dates wrong or too long. ugh. I forgot to let everyone know something very important...If you plan to take advantage of the special price and come earlier than the 17th or stay longer than the 24th you MUST call to make reservations.

Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
I had no problem - made my reservations earlier today. May even change to arrive a day earlier, so I can visit some friends (and quilt shops) in the area!

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... hahahah I guess that should be a DUUUUH .. I had my dates too long, we plan to stay a week - cme early visit family and friends, stay late and do some sight seeing (that means quilt shops of course)

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8991 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I'm all set.

Posts: 3286 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Sooooooo happy to see my check finally made it!!! We're looking forward to June!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9377 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
Just made my reservations. However they told me the only nights at the reduced rate are Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I plan on staying over Sunday night and leaving Monday, but have to pay the full rate of $165.

Posts: 1113 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Did you call or do it on line? I got the reduced date before and after those dates. I did it by phone.

Posts: 3286 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I just called the hotel liason and she is going to look into that because we ARE supposed to get the $95 / night rate from the 18th - 26th. Try again tomorrow and it should even work online then too.

Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
I did it by phone. thanks for looking into it; I appreciate it.

Musiclady

Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Yeah!!! My check finally surfaced - thank goodness, don't have to worry about that now.

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hot Potter Momma
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the wait list for the retreat, thanks

Posts: 41 | Registered: Nov 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
hot potter mama
welcome aboard - hoping you get off the wait list and on the "to go" list.

amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
quiltslots

I got on the list to attend the retreat. Looking forward to going,
also my friend "hot potter mama" is also on the wait list. If she can't get on the "to go" list, can she attend as a guest or how can we work that out.
amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Just made my reservation (by phone) and they confirmed the $95 rate for Thursday thru Sunday for me. BTW, when I tried to use the on-line reservation site, it told me that there were no rooms available for those dates. But it only took me about 3 minutes to do it by phone and the young lady who helped me was very nice. Now I just have to confirm a roommate and get my balance paid, then comes the hard part - WAITING UNTIL JUNE 2013 TO GO!

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Hang tight ladies, we're fixing a few glitches...

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... good grief .... a lot of mis information going on ... I found it was $147 doing it on line .... hahaha I'm waiting until the glitches are unstuck ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...............UPDATE ................
I just got to talk with THE BOSS ... and I was able to go on line and access the COQ rate for the hotel we will be using in HARRISBURG.
Seems the Glitch is unglitched ...
Thanks Lori ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Lori - I just sent you a message at the cof2013 email address.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
should we change the date so we can all go and see this??? (JK)
http://www.amishquiltingclub.com/28

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by headielamar:
Lori - I just sent you a message at the cof2013 email address.

a) if it says you can't come to retreat, I don't want it
b) the cof2013PA email address? I don't see any...

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gonesewin:
should we change the date so we can all go and see this??? (JK)
http://www.amishquiltingclub.com/28

Yeah Right! I really thought I had caught on to one of your surprises until I saw the dates. But I'll be taking a second trip down to see this.

A friend gave me the book today. Can't wait to get reading.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 7982 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lori,

Did our forms and check not come today, either? I thought surely after Sunday and Monday with no mail, that it would arrive today. Our envelope included the 2 forms for each of us, and one check with the combined total amount due.

I worked with the Postal Service for almost 4 years, and I know things do get lost, torn, stuck in machinery, etc. w/o even worrying about the weather. Eighteen days is a looonnggg time to wait for something, and have it still not arrive!! This is so frustrating!

Pat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltedmagnolia,

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I really thought it would be here today too but I didn't get yours or toryam's. Let's give it a couple more days. My husband's missing some mail that was sent before the storm from a town only 10 minutes away. He needed it for today and I am sure it'll come tomorrow...

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I missed the PA part of the address - I will send it again. I am coming don't worry about that! I was emailing you my registration forms and letting you know that since I pay everything with bill pay I don't have checks so it is my bank that will be sending you the payment and not me so I can't stick the registration forms in the envelope.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
phew! ok.

Hey - I was right! EVERYTHING came today. I'll have to update later but I wanted you to know if you should peek in.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
The list is updated Smile

posted Hide Post
Yippee!! I'm so happy the wait is over!

Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Doing Happy dance. Printed out forms and hope to get mine in mail by next week..just waiting on check to come in. Been working on Christmas gifts and things so haven't been on a lot recently.

Posts: 894 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just called Mother (craftylady1924) to let her know that our check finally made it to you, Lori. She was very relieved.

She told me that she called Monday to reserve a room for us, and was only able to get it for Friday and Saturday. We were hoping to spend Sunday night too, since the activities sometimes run a little late on Sunday. The lady told Mother there were no more rooms available in our "block" for Sunday night. I thought we would be able to reserve for the same price 3 days before and 3 days after!?

When Mother asked about a regular room, she was quoted $155. We didn't reserve it at that price, and will just find another hotel that night, unless you think this is still part of the "glitch"??

Mother asked for a handicapped room, and the woman couldn't promise her one. What!?! Seems pretty ridiculous, this far in advance!! At least they have elevators Smile

Pat

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Just got done making City/Sandie and my hotel reservations Smile. Next finding us a flight, then the wait.

Posts: 632 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much, Lori. Mother called back today and was able to extend the reservation through Sunday night, for $95. We appreciate your checking into the matter for us, and getting back to me today! Thanks!!

Pat

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Lori - I just sent the forms again. Please let me know if they come through on the email.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I hate that you had problems but I am glad that they are fixed.

Lisa - I replied to your email.

If anyone has ANY problems or questions - PLEASE ASK and I will do what I can to get it fixed or solved or answered or whatever.

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Made AngelaC and my reservations yesterday with no problems. I did call in person.

Posts: 481 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
Yea!!!! - I just called and got my reservations straightened out - $95 for all 4 nights.

Thanks so much for working this out.

Musiclady

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
That's what I like to hear!

Another lady had to cancel so Tommitalk has moved up on the retreat list.

Picture of TeaSea
posted Hide Post
sending check on saturday

Posts: 1347 | Location: NC Iowa | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
TeaSea, please check your PM's.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Sorry Auntie Reba, chlynn1129 had to drop out so we have one less Cheryl Frown

But that means Greenspools moves up on the list!She has 2 weeks to send in her forms and fee Smile

The list is updated.

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Mike called and got our room reserved. ls it June, yet?

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9377 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Smile

Picture of lionpride
posted Hide Post
Hotel reserved. Forms will be in mail on Monday. Now just waiting till June. We will have a ball there and on the way as will drive down. About 11 hours or so on the road. Hope to get there Wednesday at the latest Thursday.

Posts: 894 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Dec 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....what {are} were we doing at the bottom of the page?

Wounded Warrior Project