Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out... Sign In/Join 
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Your show and tell can be your RR.

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Still working on my challenge project and my Show and Tell. Plus need to get stuff for classes ready. So, busy here. Getting excited. Travel plans are firming up.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Pack your swimsuits girls. Don't forget that the hotel has a pool and a jacuzzi!

Posts: 3282 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a sense of the forecast for those days?

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
WEll, weather.com says low 80's and little chance of rain. Let's go with that one! I couldn't have ordered it much better. Thanks, L0rd Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I am sooooo excited! I can't even explain how excited I am. Going on this type of retreat is a new adventure for me. I am looking forward to every single activity but most of all to meeting everyone!!!

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Sooooooo excited!!!

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
me too, me too. However, I am no where near ready. I still have my challenge project to do, I think I know what I am going to do, but need to get busy. Have been looking forward to this so long, I can't believe I am leaving 1 week from today!!!!!
Ml

Posts: 1113 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Kblue, you will have a wonderful time. The classes are interesting, the food I am sure will be great, Bingo is loads of fun, and the best part is you get to meet all the people who you have been interacting with on this board.

Hubby asked me what we were doing this weekend? I told him I was packing. Finally am getting excited... Chris

Posts: 5855 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Oh, I still have a ton of stuff to do as well. I still have some of my home work to finish for two of the classes and my challenge project. I have to pack, but I've made a list so that shouldn't take long. At least I have things to do to expend all of my excited energy on!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KBlue,

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Challenge project completed. Hooray!

Posts: 2564 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Only a few more things to do for the challenge piece. T-shirts being picked up Monday. Secret surprise packed. Totes of fabric book samples picked up, sure hope some people want these, got lots!! Getting excited----for sure!

Posts: 4572 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Finished both QOV and cases, working on my challenge piece, need to choose FQ's for Bingo and get all class homework done. Oh and pack!
I'm excited and nervous I won't get done in time.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe that we only have a week to go! I have my 1/4 yard challenge done and I've got my lists ready of what needs to be packed. (Sorry, I won't be going into the pool, so I won't need my swimsuit.) My schedule has me finally packing things on Monday and Tuesday of next week. My biggest problem will be getting to sleep early on Wednesday. I want to have the car all packed and be ready for bed by 8:00pm. If I can get to sleep on time, I will be up by around 2am, run through the final departure checklist and be on the road by 3am. It is supposed to be a 12 hour drive, by it may take me longer since I have a bladder the size of a pea. I am hopeful that I will be at the hotel by no later than 4pm. Anyway, that's the plan. We'll see if I can pull it off. And it's only SEVEN DAYS away!!!

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see what you do with them, Tammy.

Linda - you be careful now, ya hear?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
It is getting close and I am getting excited to meet friends again and new friends for the first time. It will be a great time I am sure of it. See you all soon!!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
My checklist is out and my suitcase is on the bed. I have been trying to decide what to pack, it has been a long time since I've lived in a humid climate. I think there is enough room for some clothes Smile. I have a couple boxes packed and ready to take to the post office with class supplies, they should arrive the same day as me. I still can't believe that I booked my airfare back in January and now it is only 5 days until I leave, WOW! I am so excited to get to PA and meet all my new friends.

See you all soon!

Posts: 630 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing all of you. Im behind schedule here, I definitely had too much on my plate. I just came back from a cruise, Dgrandsons graduation from oreK is upstate tomorrow, I have a workshop on Tues for which ive prepared nothing so far, a binding to put on my show and tell, my fq challenge and packing!
Fleur, I prefer UPS and FedEx over the post office for reliability.

Posts: 3282 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Challenge project done! Got to go over all the driving directions, all notes on the Blog, look through the class packages to make sure I have everything packed. Get the machine and parts labeled and packed.. then pack for myself.

It's coming together.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
What is the one in one out? Maybe I didn't read back far enough. Spent yesterday cutting my last little pieces for the mini and lining up supplies and labeling things. There won't be room in my trunk for the suitcases..now if only the machine repairman would call with the machine being all set. SIGH I have marked time when I won't be in class or something to hop in jacuzzi and pool. YAY

Posts: 9457 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Cheryl, Rondiquilts had to drop out (which I am very sad about) and it looks like "A Very Special Chick" is coming. I think that's the one in one out.

Posts: 5663 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I still need to gather FQs for bingo. I have most things either packed or set aside. I'm flying, checking my luggage and have a question: Are my sewing items safe from TSA's sticky fingers? I thought I would inventory each container, they won't steal my pointy scissors or anything? Am I just being too paranoid?

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3532 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Thanks Maryann...motquilter: If you pack them away they won't get touched.

Posts: 9457 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
**I'm trying to get by with just a carry on at least to start. The return may be different. Small plane. Hope the few essentials pass inspection. No big cutter, and only small scissors. What do you think/experience? Thanks.***

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Getting excited. And almost packed. Have my clothes packed and 90% of my retreat/quilting stuff packed. Have to get my directions/mapquest info ready and personal items ready and the car will be full. Finished up the BOM chics project from last year. Put on the last border last nite and it will be my show and tell. It was all done from my stash in Chr*stmas fabric. Will send to Indycat Carol for quilting when I return.

Picking up DD Angelinamor at Pgh airport and we will drive in on Thursday morning. If I forget something, I guess I will just have to buy it when I get there.

See you all soon.

Mary

Posts: 3929 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Rondi did have to drop.out but the more recent one is islandtime.

You are correct about the one in though...

For those who are flying. I am sure you will be able to borrow things you can't bring on the plane. Just bring what you can.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Almost finished with challenge project!!!

I have books of fabric samples from my neighbor, for thos crazy quilters! Big Grin

Have not physically packed, maybe mentally, but not physically! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Missmommy, I did check into UPS and FedEx, but due to cost I will ship using the USPS flat rate boxes. Prayers that both the mail and my luggage make it on time Smile.

Safe travels everyone!

Posts: 630 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
If Rondi dropped out is someone else doing the hand applique class? I am really looking forward to that class.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of luvthosequilts
posted Hide Post
I've been reading the chatter here...so excited for you all! Will miss you Frown
HUGS! Smile

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Posts: 4510 | Registered: Feb 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
PatriciaAnne...... Yes, there is someone to teach the hand quilting class.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PatriciaAnne and others in the hand applique class, unfortunately I had a bit of a detour come up and I won't be able to attend the retreat. I was looking forward to teaching this class. Sorry I will have to miss it. Carol, Needlecrazy has graciously offered to teach the class, so you and others will not miss out.
Enjoy your time at the retreat.

Rondi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
There is so much going on here I haven't had any time to think about the retreat and now it is right around the corner. I won't get the challenge project finished and don't think I will have any show and tell but I do have fat quarters for bingo all ready to go! I still need to get my train ticket. I better get on that. Can't wait to see you all again.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Headielamar, I am right there with you. I had the two weeks before retreat fairly open, I only had work. Then family stuff happened and suddenly I have Grandkids every night. Not that I'm complaining, I love spending time with them. But it's a little hard to get anything done when the youngest is just barely 2. Still not sure if I will get a challenge project done. My show n tell is something I made a while ago. No time to make something new. My head is spinning. I will catch up on my sleep during my travels!

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Some door prizes mailing out tomorrow and I restarted working on "giftees' today. Better get back to it. I still have 47 left to do. YIKES

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I wish I were coming this year, I'll miss everyone. Have lots of fun. be safe traveling. OH and take lots and lots of pictures so us that can't make it can enjoy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sue B,

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1457 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
KBlue, there is no sleeping at the retreat! Wink You have to get your rest to and from! Big Grin
I should have the challenge done, show and tell not sure! This weekend I will get class stuff ready.

Today I printed my reservation email, and other stuff so this time I will have most of my ducks in a row!!! I can never get them all lined up! Big Grin

Got my suitcase out tonight, and will pull all my t-shirts from the other retreat and pack them. Still need to pull the FQ's for bingo!! I need to find the bingo FQ list and print it! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I finally got my suit case out today!! That's the only packing I've done.

Work has been unusually busy...re-organizing the {JA'S} store, everything is moving postions except fabric! My shift all week has been 4am til noon {have to get up at 2:30am isn't fun}...getting a 40 hr work week when I really don't want it...I come home so tired that I don't feel like doing anything but checking my list & getting things done bit by bit! I requested wed off so I could get everything ready to leave on thurs and they scheduled me to work....NOT gonna happen!! I kinda lied and told them my plane leaves wed...lol!! I've sooooo much to do but if I don't get it done, OH WELL!! Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones!!

Safe travels everyone!! See ya SOOOOON!!! Big Grin

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6778 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Seems like just yesterday we were in Branson,so envy you all going,you will have a great time,but the time will go way to fast !!!! Safe travels to all and we at home can't wait to hear all about it!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8873 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● PHOOEY!!! I was really looking forward to seeing Rondi again. Frown

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9619 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Started packing!!!! I am so excited to go! Wish I could be there now! Big Grin I cannot wait to see all my friends and meet new ones!!!!Big Grin

I have retired t-shirts from the first couple retreats so I can start on that t-shirt quilt!!!Big Grin Packed those not retired! Plus I have 2 coming that I ordered! So that leaves room for my FQ's which I usually lose at bingo! If I happen to win any this round I will find room for them! Big Grin

Group Hug

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Almost packed, trying to condense things for ease of travel even though I coming by car. Can't imagine flying and doing this!

GPS updated for Saturday's trip, plus mapquest printed since I don't truly trust a GPS Smile

Getting closer - looking forward to meeting everyone.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2564 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
I couldn't get to sleep last night and at about 3:00 this morning I completely changed my mind on what I wanted to do for my challenge project - so in a way I'm glad I haven't started it yet. But...that means I only have 4 days to finish it..plus class homework. Lots to do, but I am having a great time getting everything ready.

I really haven't done any sewing for a couple years and this retreat is getting me back into it and I am thrilled. So, I am having a great time even before the retreat has started!!!!!

Posts: 1113 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Well I got 10 gift thingies done in three spurts over two days and then my Neck complained too much and I had to stop. Oh well, my heart was in the right place. See you all Thurs. My box went out Lori on Sat. so it should be there for you to organize. Remember to ask for it.

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I'm very excited for all of you. I did my first retreat last year and Nothing we say will prepare the first-timers for retreat. You will have so much fun, laughter and learning when it is all over you'll wonder how you managed to do all that you did??? Have a great time and remember we like pictures. Sewww don't forget your cameras. LOL

Posts: 7826 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Ok, got one of my classes prepped. Not going to get the challenge done, I'm afraid. I started with one idea and had to rethink it so I'm out of time. Nowhere near ready!!

Hope this week slows down a little so I can get something finished!

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8860 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post