Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out... Sign In/Join 
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Around this time last year, I made a quilt for a friend's daughter. My friend paid me in cash, which I put away in a drawer with the intention of using it at COF 2012 in Branson. Guess what I found today? Yup, now I have some cash for COF 2013 in Harrisburg!! Big Grin

Can somebody remind me next June that I have cash in a drawer??? Roll Eyes

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
too funny, i'll remind u gf

Posts: 3403 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
just so you know, I called the 1-800 number for holiday in and gave them the code, and still got the discount, then I read not to call that # so I called the hotel itself, and she said yep, everything was ok!

So I am booked!

Lori, when will the fat quarter challenge material go out? I have a very lazy postman, so I always watch for a package when I know it is coming!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked for you sprmom.

The fabric will be going out Dec. 1 -ish...Ugh, I had planned for the first but I have a brunch that day and dd's voice recital that evening and dh will be in hospital. So it may have to wait until the 3rd.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4905 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I'm OK in getting the fabric after Christmas as I'm not going to work on it now anyway with the holidays coming soon. Don't stress and take care of your family.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
The list has been updated...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4905 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iluv2quilttoo
posted Hide Post
Hi Lori, so looking forward to June. Can't wait!! Mt Laurel has made our reservations so we are all set.

Posts: 49 | Location: small town USA | Registered: Aug 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to June and meeting you and all the other new board members!

The list is updated.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
We had a couple people have to drop out and one payment hasn't been received by the due date so 3 people get to move up on the list! Welcome to Mo. star, lovetoquilt, BoopsieD !

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
We are booked for the 20th! Yay..looks to have lots of amenities so that's nice!

Posts: 9457 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
My husband had major surgery on Friday which was the day I was going to get the fabric for the 1/4yd challenge in the mail. Then I was too busy on Saturday with him and the other things I had scheduled. SO - I WILL get these envelopes mailed TODAY. I STILL have no idea what I'm going to make with mine...

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Lori, sorry to hear DH had to have surgery.. certainly hope that he is doing well. Take it easy.

Posts: 7981 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ok, they are on their way ~ be on the lookout for a small manilla envelope!

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear your husband is requiring so much of your time. I hope he's on the road to recovery. I can guarantee I will not get started on my project soon, but I can't wait to see what you picked. You have wonderful taste in fabric, so I'm sure it's beautiful.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you DH's recovery!

Oh, goodie! l can't wait to see what the fabric looks like. Come on snailmail!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9370 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T&P for your husband from me also. I was in no hurry for the fabric, still have a couple projects with looming due dates I'm working on!! ... Rainbow, I love your "rainbow"!!!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Smile

Mo. star had to drop out so hotpottermama is next up! Check your PM's.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Potter Momma:
Hi all:
I am soooo looking forward the retreat in June.
I have been quilting for about a decade but consider myself a newbie! Still working full time so my fabric needs sometimes have to wait a bit. Looking forward to retirement so I can quilt more hours.

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Gonesewin'- please take me off the list, I'm not going to be able to attend Frown

But that's good news for the next lady on the waiting list, right? Smile

Posts: 3975 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Oh, Charlynn, I'm sorry to hear that. But yes, it should make someone happy Smile

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, Toryam, I was hoping to see you again. I will miss you and the spiced pecans.

Posts: 3282 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Will miss you Charlyn and your great instruction!

Posts: 9457 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
I got the challenge fabric in the mail yesterday. Now what to do, what to do?

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Toryam - say it ain't so!

I got my challenge fabric yesterday as well. Love it.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday as well. Already came up with an idea.

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Tory - will so miss you Frown

I received my fabric yesterday - tucked it away somewhere - I honestly don't remember where I put it!! Now what?

Posts: 6442 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Wow Royalboomer! I think that's the fastest that anybody has lost (I mean, put away for safekeeping) something in the sewing room! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AngelaC,

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Time is running out for those on the wait list to get their forms and money to me...

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Gonesewin' - do you want me to send my challenge fabric on to someone else?
If yes - send me the addy
If no - I'm using it for the XXXX swap, haha

I'm going to miss all of you too but I've gotta pay for college for about the next 8 years, lol.

Posts: 3975 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I just made my hotel reservations. I will be arriving on Thursday.

Posts: 15198 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I received a registration form for someone who didn't put her board name on it and I don't know who this person is...Could you please let me know who you are so I can move you to the guest list??? Thanks Smile

Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
Oh, Charlyn!!! Mother and I will miss you!!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the post office, and my little envelope was there. I love the fabric and have already come up with a project to make with it. I also mailed off my Row Robin. This is the first time I've done one. The hardest part was deciding which pattern to use. Finally decided, then went shopping for fabric and got it sewn together and out the door. Can't wait to see the finished top in June!

LindaJ52

Posts: 2387 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Hotel reservations made for AMIKO and HOT POTTER MAMA. Looking forward to attending this retreat.

amiko

Posts: 366 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
The list has been updated Smile We are almost full Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
The list has been updated...
Toryam -- do you want it? I have more so I don't need it...

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks! I just didn't want u to be short since I cancelled the day after u sent it out.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Well, that's it, this is our official list of COF 2013 PA retreat attendees Smile Get to know these people because in only 6 months they will be spending 3 & 2 nights days with you!

Remember to get your next payment in to me NLT January 3, 2013 to keep your spot.

Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
Just a heads-up to those of you replying to Lori's email - please don't click "reply all" - my email inbox is being flooded with replies. Just reply to Lori! Thanks.

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lori, I received your envelope today with retreat refund and lovely note inside. Thank you. I look forward to watching for the oh-so-fun pix after the retreat!

Hope your DH is recovering well...

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Smile

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Balance of retreat fee is going out to you today.

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Mine too!

Posts: 2775 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
has anyone else made reservation? I need to know if I need to book more rooms.

posted Hide Post
I've not made a reservation yet. Trying to decide if husband coming with me or not? Is there a time window we need to have it done by?
Rondi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have to make a reservation, willing to have a roommate!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Reservations have to be made by June 5 -- you have PLENTY of time!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
With sadness I must inform you all that Quilting Wifey has withdrawn from COF 2013 Frown

cqwannabe & boopsie d - if you want you may jump in and fill her or toryam's spot!

Is there anyone else who'd like to come join the fun? If retreat fees are an issue, PM me.

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Lori, my check is in the mail... it really is, my husband took it to the post office this morning. I haven't made reservations yet since my husband may come too.

Char

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lakequilter,

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post