Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OFFICIAL COF 2013 Retreat thread - 1 in - 1 out... Sign In/Join 
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9455 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Yea! It will be good to see you again, Aunt Jo!

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8860 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I hope to find out about the Early Bird dinner this week or next, stay tuned for more info...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4903 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
LisaP8 right back at you! Smile

So happy to be coming!

Posts: 4295 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love word searches, will give it a try. Anxious for June and to see everyone. Will get last payment in mail to you Lori.
Be nice to see old friends and new faces.

Rondi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Fun word search. Thanks for preparing.

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Just wondering when we will see the agenda and class list?

Posts: 3281 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Missmommy:
Just wondering when we will see the agenda and class list?

Ditto. And still waiting for the GPS list for the Saturday drive.

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Patience, Grasshoppers. We still have 117 days Wink

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4903 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out the word search. How do you highlight the answers?

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gonesewin:
Patience, Grasshoppers. We still have 117 days Wink

I've got T-Bird trips planned 2 years out...need the GPS co-ords! Wink

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
ttt

Posts: 4295 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
It's official, Warm Buns wil be joining us in Harrisburg! YAY Smile

Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Does that mean you received my check. I made my reservations and will be rooming with Cr8tve1.

I got cheap tickets by flying into Philadelphia.
I will arrive there at 12:45 and rent a car and drive over from there. Mapquest says it takes 2 hours so that will tell you what time I should arrive. I have monies ready to send in for early bird dinner as soon as I get an addy.

I sent monies for t-shirt and I have my fat quarters picked out for BINGO. Can not wait to hear from Ole and Lena again.

I think I am just waiting now for June 20th.

My daughter informed me today that I will miss my grandson's first birthday. He will be a year old June 20. I told her that he and I will have our own birthday party before I leave on the 19th. He is one year old so he wont know the difference if we celebrated on the 19th or the 20th.

Posts: 3603 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
yeppers Smile that's what that means.
EB Dinner info is coming soon
I just got back from the PO, your fabric for the 1/4 yd challenge is on its way; I did not get tracking info because I can send you 4 of them before I paid for the tracking. So let's hope it gets to you in one piece and soon...

Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Yay Bunsie!! Big Grin

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4557 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I just received an email about some kind of scavenger hunt for Sat. This sounds "Very interesting"

I hope I remember to take cab fare in case I get left somewhere. This sounds like a lot of fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: warm buns,

Posts: 3603 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
I got the email, too! I've already been to a couple of those places. Does that count? (ha-ha-just kidding).
I'll be driving all by myself ( no room for a passenger), so I don't expect to get many points, but I do expect to have a lot of fun!

Elle~~

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
The scavenger hunt sounds like so much fun. I'm really excited. Islandtime, maybe you can ride with someone else for the hunt?

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Someone will stay behind to pick up stragglers or anyone who breaks down.

Elle, I am hoping you'll ride with somebody else? There's another who is driving a truck that cannly take one and she'll be hitch a ride too. I don't remember who off the top of my head...

Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but no, I have to drive. I'd never leave Moondoggie unattended in a hotel parking lot all day long! The thought alone scares the $%^& out of me!

Elle~~

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I understand about wanting to keep it safe, but what are you going to do Friday, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday while you are busy in the hotel or sleeping?

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Got the email about the Scavenger Hunt. It sounds like fun!

Is it June yet? Oh wait, I'm on SPRING Break not SUMMER Break. Rats!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: needlecrazy,

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand about wanting to keep it safe, but what are you going to do Friday, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday while you are busy in the hotel or sleeping?

They have night security (I checked). It's a T-Bird thing. You don't take it someplace not to drive it. I don't go anywhere unless I'm the one behind the wheel. I'm a car person even more than I am a quilter (thus, 5 cars). My apologies if this offends anyone, but that's the way it is. My dad even sent me to the Bondurant School of Professional Driving out in Scottsdale back in the early '60s - he was the one who turned me on to classic cars way back when.
Oh - and I'm leaving early Sunday. Have to get back before 1:00.

Elle~~

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
no offense taken, here anyway. DH explained the "driving thing" -lol- he did that with his vette all the time before he turned it into a race car. I still don't get it, I thought it was just him, but cars aren't my thing I guess...

I didn't know about the security. After Branson Jane_kiwi & I were driving to Harrisburg when the passenger window shattered. We stopped and knocked out the glass then drove on to the hotel we'll be staying in and I had to leave it that way over night and no one messed with it. Now I know why!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Musiclady
posted Hide Post
I'm reading about an email about a Scavenger Hunt. Was everyone supposed to get that email? I didn't recieve it.

Thanks,
Musiclady

Posts: 1113 | Registered: Aug 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
You are on my sent list. Did it go to spam? PM me to make sure I have your email address correct, ok?

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
I think I know what I am doing with fabric Smile

Scavenger Hunt sounds like fun !

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Lori, thanks for my Sunday Sur-Prise gift.

Is the attendee list on page one current? Total retreaters 62?

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9611 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I received my FQ in the mail yesterday. Have no idea what to do with it.

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Join the club Buns Smile

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
It is current as of now but I know of 2 possible changes...If you are looking at numbers 62 is good.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Finally had a chance to print the Scavenger Hunt list today.

Was sad to see the one thing I wanted to do while there wasn't on the list-the Hershey Plant Tour. Will have to think about possibly renting a car and doing that before I do any of the Hunt. I am no good at those Hunt type things. Went to a baby shower and couldn't find a 1 of the circle the words and the young lady across fom me had them all done before I found 1!

Islandtime, I understand the car thing. Feel the same way about my 25 yo vette, even if it is just my daily driver and not being saved for "it's someday value". I am real careful where I park it after dark and if I am staying over night... Chris

Posts: 5852 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
quote:

Islandtime, I understand the car thing. Feel the same way about my 25 yo vette, even if it is just my daily driver and not being saved for "it's someday value". I am real careful where I park it after dark and if I am staying over night... Chris

Thanks - I had a feeling you were a car person! As a car collector, I never know which one I'll drive, but I'm protective of them all, as each one is rare!

Elle~~

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
you could definitely do that Chris! At that time of year (June) I was just afraid it would take too long to find parking, get to the tour (you have to take a tram/trolley) get through the line, ride the tour, then get through the gift shop, back to your car (on the tram/trolley) and out on the road again. For a 10 minute ride that just didn't seem worth while. BUT there are other things to do there too if you want to pay for them all. The tour is free.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Island time - We also are car people, and I get it too. proud owners of a 67 Vette, 67 Chevelle SS and a 68 Hemi Cuda.

Posts: 3281 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Missmommy:
Island time - We also are car people, and I get it too. proud owners of a 67 Vette, 67 Chevelle SS and a 68 Hemi Cuda.

YAY - there are more of us!! Smile Would love to see that 'Cuda someday!

Elle~~

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I'll try to bring pictures to Harrisburg

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Love to see the pics. Gosh I wish I was there. I am having a fabric attack.

posted Hide Post
quote:
you could definitely do that Chris! At that time of year (June) I was just afraid it would take too long to find parking, get to the tour (you have to take a tram/trolley) get through the line, ride the tour, then get through the gift shop, back to your car (on the tram/trolley) and out on the road again. For a 10 minute ride that just didn't seem worth while. BUT there are other things to do there too if you want to pay for them all. The tour is free.

Now that's something that would be fun! Who doesn't like chocolate ? Big Grin

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
HEY!!! Bunsie, glad you will be joining us!! Big Grin

As of now, it looks like I'll be flying! DH doesn't want me to drive..:/

It also looks like I might be out of a job come june...boss posted a big note that "NO ONE can request time off for vacations in May OR June!" BS!!! I'm N~O~T missing out on this retreat!!!!!! I told her that it's already pd for and has been for some time & she said "Did you see my note?" SO we'll just wait & see....what I can't understand is WHY she posted it. Yes, during May we have inventory BUT we are ALREADY getting the store ready {IMHO, it's tooo early to start that} but there is a crew that comes in and does the actual inventory...only 1 day!! So why the whole month?? She is a new manager and freaking out, I guess BUT if we keep working on getting ready for inventory, we'll be ready in a wk or 2 and will still have to wait almost 2 months b4 it happens....??? In June, the store {JA's for those of you that don't remember where I work} is getting a re-model BUT they also hire a crew to come in at night to do that...not everyone will be helping. I'm not the one only NOT happy w/ this new manager!! 8/

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6778 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
What a great Sunday Sur-prize... How fun. Have to verify the names... but there's a TON of answers in there.

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of luvthosequilts
posted Hide Post
My heart is breaking as I type this note to let all of my friends here know that I cannot attend the retreat this year.
I'll send hugs in my thoughts...or maybe I could go and hug Fleur 60+ times and she can pass them on....lol....*sigh*

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Posts: 4510 | Registered: Feb 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
I'll be happy to take the hugs Smile

Fleur55

Posts: 630 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
sorry you can't make it luvthosequilts.

90 Days and counting !!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
seriously? that's scary.

Picture of luvthosequilts
posted Hide Post
Me too Aunt Jo I was so looking forward to meeting you and others I haven't met yet.....
***siiggghhhhhhh***

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Posts: 4510 | Registered: Feb 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
***Sorry we don't get to meet, luvthosequilts, my SSSS. Maybe sometime in the future, when the time is right. I'll miss you and the others who were not able to make it. ***

Posts: 730 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry you won't make it, lovethose ... you'll miss a good time Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EBGQ
posted Hide Post
for anyone going to Hershey, keep in mind there is a $12 parking fee for your car. I have never had a problem waiting for the tour, it goes quickly

Posts: 2139 | Registered: Sep 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post