Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  All the Orange fabric is Arriving!..Thanks!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All the Orange fabric is Arriving!..Thanks! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted
My 10 year old great nephew, wants a quilt, he picked out his colors and his pattern. Blues,reds, cream or off white and orange..yikees!
he loves the Chevron i am working on now..
so that's what it will be. and scrappy.

i can either do it with HST's or strips.So i am thinking i need 5 or 6" inch squares of strips..

i don't have much in the way of oranges..
i need/want a mix, like in the picture.

i can trade for whatever your looking for,
I spy, 30's or the regular stuff..lol

I will pay for shipping of course!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kim - Strut526,

Posts: 11809 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Kim i have a couple of fq's i can send you that are bright orange. pm me your address and i'll put them in the mail tomorrow or monday

patsy

Posts: 3397 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
I'll do some digging to see what I've got. Won't be much, cause a while back I was in the same boat. Pretty sure I have a couple, probably 5". Ok to send a couple of several different?

~karen Wave

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
kim i don't need anything just give me your addy so i can send to you

Picture of quilting wifey
posted Hide Post
Have you checked with SS? Last I heard she got a full tub of surprise orange FQs!!! LOL

I don't have that color here either.

Madelyn

Posts: 6034 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Jan 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Kim, PM me your address, and I'll send you some fabrics. I LOVE orange, so I have several to share.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6522 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I have some bright oranges downstairs....I'll check in the morning and put what I find in the mail for you. I don't need anything in return. Love the quilt you will be making Smile I need an address though. If you PM it to me I'll have it in the morning. I think I may have your address but I can't find my book - it's buried Smile

Posts: 6441 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kim...does he care if there are some Halloween prints mixed in? I'll look through my orange stuff but I know I have Halloween out to cut now...I'll check to see if I have more orange and I'll check to see if I have your addy if not I'll PM you.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9880 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have orange and don't need anything in return. Need your address though.

Karen

Posts: 581 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Yes, SavedSinner has a TON of orange. A little birdie told me that's her favorite color! Smile

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
Kim~ send me your addy and i'll get some in the mail to you. No need to trade for anything...

Char

Posts: 3653 | Location: michigan | Registered: Sep 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kim...I have 19 5" squares I can send...looks like I need to replenish my oranges too...I do love orange.

Oops!!! I forgot to say,I don't need a trade for these.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TcMay,

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9880 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I have a few oranges that I can send you, if you'll PM me your address Smile.

I'm putting everything into my newly redesigned sewing room and I found some fabrics that I was going to mail to someone. Ugh, I had been wondering what happened to those!

Posts: 5020 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Kim, I have some orange fabric I can send to you if you pm me your address. Don't need anything in trade. Mary

Handie Ann

Posts: 3427 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Oh Kim! That's the pattern DD wants for her wedding quilt! She wants it in turqoise, fushia,pinks,oranges,greens. Whereever did you find the pattern???

Thanks!

PamSmile

Posts: 5693 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May, the HST's are really not going to show much of any pattern, so it is not a problem. even florals will not show much!

Posts: 11809 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patterns:
HST Method
http://katiesquiltingcorner.co...friday-chevrons.html

Strip Method:
http://creativechicksatplay.bl...4/zig-zag-quilt.html

The one i showed in the first post:
http://www.redpepperquilts.com...6/zig-zag-quilt.html
no pattern, but easy enough.

i just did one with the strips..i may try the HST's for my nephews quilt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kim - Strut526,

posted Hide Post
Mine went out this morning....hope you can use them...

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
u got them alread? wow that was fast. glad they are gonna work for your quilt.
and you are very welcome.
patsy

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the pattern info. I think I will do the strip method. I can't wait to get started! Your quilts are beautiful!

PamSmile

Posts: 5693 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Do you still need?? just saw this!! Love the idea.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8872 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Sorry Kim I just saw this myself. I'm glad the group came through for ya it is a beautiful quilt.

J Lu

Posts: 932 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wildcatmom, yours came today! yippee!
Thanks so much! <3

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
I hope you didn't need your wallet. Red Face

~karen Wave

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mail Call for Me!

TcMay
Char77 (i didn't realize you were in Mi too!)
Royal boomer

Orange,Orange,everywhere! and lots of variation!
Thanks so much!

So, anyone want to come and sew tomorrow?! (Hubby gone from 6am to 6pm )

Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
Glad it found its way through all the snow Smile
yeppers - I'm on the 'West Coast'Smile

Char

Posts: 3653 | Location: michigan | Registered: Sep 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
All this snow is getting really old grrrr

Posts: 6441 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah!!! glad they arrived safe and sound. Are you getting a little snow??

May
"In Michigan"

posted Hide Post
We have gotten over a 100 inches of snow this month alone ...lotta' snow here....but I get to quilt more so not complaining. Time changes early this year again, March 10th and I'll start working more days and longer days so I am enjoying this winter...hate the cold tho' We only got a couple inches this storm East side and south side of Michigan is getting it. Water tables always cycles in Michigan like this...we've seen this before...we have miles of shoreline here.

May
"In Michigan"

posted Hide Post
Styling ...are you?

May
"In Michigan"

posted Hide Post
Handie Ann, your wild orange fabric arrived today!
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
needlecrazy, your package arrived today! I just can't believe how many different patterns and colors of orange are out there! What have i been missing! more cutting tomorrow!

I think i have one more package on the way..
and that means i have plenty!
if make them all up, i will have enough to make a little charity quilt too!

posted Hide Post
Maybaby, the orange arrived today! I am all set now, thanks to all of you who sent me some orange! i have been working on the HST's today!

posted Hide Post
Scrappy Chevron top finished..just need to be quilted..

posted Hide Post
so much orange, i made 3 rows!

posted Hide Post
kim...it looks wonderful,love that pattern.Glad it has made such a comeback. I take it you had enough orange to use,LOL Smile

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
That is so cool - I love it Smile Glad I could help a little.

Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
That looks great. Just now reading this. As soon as I get the candy fabric I am using the str1p method to make a quilt for my granddaughter due the end of May. Right now they call her "Jelly bean".

How are you going to quilt it??

piney

Posts: 3103 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure Jelly bean is a cute name, right up until the baby, turns around 13 or so! Congrats on the new grandchild to come!
I let the quilter decide the thread color and quilt pattern..she is so awesome at it! I dropped it off at "Quality Quilting" in Ann Arbor,Mi on friday. Usually a quick turn around. I put blue fabric as the backing..i hope i don't regret it! But i could not see muslin pieced. (Joanns was out of the premium 90 wide) Plus it is for a young boy..i think he is 10. Best to use a darker color, i think.
I had so much orange scraps to use up, i got 3 rows out of it! the other colors i ended up with 2 rows each. I am really pleased with the way it turned out..His colors, his pattern picked out! cool!

Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
The blue fabric for the backing will be great for a boy. Much better than a beige muslin. He will be so tickled with it.

As for Jelly Bean, she will be know by her "given" name when she makes her entrance, the parents are mum as to her real name.

piney

Posts: 3103 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Kim, what a great quilt. Who woulda thunk to put all those colors together?? They look great.

Piney, congrats!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6198 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post