Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Wlecome New member - laleighma1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wlecome New member - laleighma1 Sign In/Join 
Picture of motqltr
posted
Please everyone welcome our new member, laleighma1 (her real name is Laura). She's been a facebook friend for a long time. She's a teacher, crafter and wants to learn to quilt.
Please introduce yourselves.
Gonesewin, you already know her from fb, you probly recognize her Glenda the Good Witch picture.
--michele

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3674 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of laleighma1
posted Hide Post
Thank you Michele! I can't wait to meet all of y'all via the message boards! I tried to make my avatar Glinda , but I don't see her!? Is she there? lol

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Jul 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of laleighma1
posted Hide Post
Well there she is!

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Jul 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Arkansas!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9604 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Howdy from Texas! Wave This is a great board to come to when you want to learn to quilt. There are soooooo many great people here who are willing to help. I've learned so much from here. Just ask questions (no question is a dumb question) because you'd be suprised how many of us are looking for the same answer. Post often & we love, love, love pictures.

Nicki

Posts: 8509 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...welcome aboard... there are several reasons many of us have been here year in and year out .. it's a great place ...

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9146 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Laura! You will enjoy it here.

You might try resizing your avatar photo and re-upload it and it will look better when you post.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25901 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Cheese State- Wisconsin from Patty j and Sister Sue. Hope you visit the board often and post your projects. Sue

Posts: 1610 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Welcome from New York. Enjoy this great talented group of women. I've learned a lot since being here and know you will also. Waiting to see your first quilt.

Posts: 8202 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Chicagoland!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 491 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Oregon (at the moment - have to go back to CA next week)

Posts: 1144 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PawstoEnjoy
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Tennessee

Posts: 346 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Qfroggi3
posted Hide Post
welcome from So. Calif.

Posts: 93 | Registered: Feb 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Another welcome from Wisconsin Smile Hope to see lots of you in the future.

Posts: 6695 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
We love having new people join us. Welcome from the sunny (and lately rainy) state of Florida... Chris

Posts: 6312 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
waving from massachusetts! hope you join one of my monthly mugrug swaps!

Posts: 5069 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17383 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Waving from Pennsylvania

Posts: 4780 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Wave Hi from Maryland Wave

Posts: 4489 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board from Raven Nation (Maryland) I like your GLENDA.

J Lu

Posts: 1145 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Western AustraliaSmile

Posts: 460 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
And another Howdy from the Lone Star State!

This is absolutely the best group of quilters for sharing and helping with all questions. Please ask. Chances are if you are wondering, someone else is too.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6680 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
A big welcome from Georgia!

Devonne

Posts: 15001 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
And yet another "welcome" from Oregon !!!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Another Wave from Maryland. Welcome to the neighborhood Laura! I hope you like it as much as the rest of us do.

And in case no one has mentioned it...we like pictures!!! Smile

Posts: 4719 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Idaho. I am also a teacher, hunting for work (supposed to be working on job applications but the "board was calling" me)

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Another welcome from Oregon. This is a great group of quilters. Where are you from?

Posts: 2909 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Another WELCOME from Arkansas! I hope you have loads of fun and learn a lot!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5905 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post