Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  E-mail from Terrye French
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E-mail from Terrye French Sign In/Join 
Picture of lindaj52
posted
This morning, I received an e-mail, purportedly from Terrye French who had gone overseas at the last minute to do a show and had her bag stolen which contained all of her money and return trip airline tickets. She was asking me to send her money to an account, whatever I could afford.

I knew immediately that this was a scam and sent it off to the chairman of the FCC as an attachment. Just wanted to let you all know that this was out there, going around. If you get this, forward it to Tom Wheeler, the Director of the FCC, whose email addy is: tom.wheeler@fcc.gov. If he gets enough of these e-mails, maybe they'll do something about this criminal who's trying to scam us all.

LindaJ52

Thanks

Posts: 2394 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. What amazes me is there are people out there who would actually send money to someone who they've never heard of before.

Nicki

Posts: 8269 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
An extremely brilliant friend sent $10,000 to rescue her grandson from kidnappers after such an email. It was also a scam BUT he'd posted on Facebook that he was traveling and my friend was in Mexico visiting relatives. There a cousin had been kidnapped and hurt so she couldn't ignore the demand. She felt like a fool but was more than relieved that her grandson was healthy and safe.

Posts: 7431 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
Scam scam scam .... so many trying to make a buck by stealing it ... why not just work?

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9131 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
I got one like that about a neighbor, she was sitting next to me when the email came in! We joked and laughed about her being in 2 places at once! Big Grin

Group Hug

If you can dream it you can do it. Walt Disney

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2650 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post