Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  A final word about COF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A final word about COF Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
I want to thank all of you who made the trip to Harrisburg Smile

Thank you for all your kind words. It seems like everyone had a pretty good time and I enjoyed (most of) putting it together and I am relieved that everyone made it back home safely - and with their luggage. I'll be keeping Mildred and Charlene in my prayers - as well as Mcpatches, Savedsinnr, TX Wildflower and the others who couldn't make it.

I am finally getting everything unpacked and for the first time I was able to look through my welcome bag and saw all of the gifts Smile Thanks for making sure they got into my bag!

Also thank you to the people who brought me iced coffee from Starbucks, asked what they could do to help, loaded the trailer, looked for and found my keys, got me batteries (without which there would be no video), drove, taught classes, helped put this thing together, demonstrated, spoke - Barb Garrett and Jackie Hazen, gave me fq's to play bingo, Chanlady22 for leading it once again, hung the Row Robins and the QOVs ( we donated 29 quilts and $675!), sewed labels on and cleaned up afterwards.

Thanks to nlk, shequilts & jacky for making items for retreat. And thank you to all who made or sent items for the door prizes.

Here's a link to Lena's version of the Quilter's Shuffle... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...31LMLQ&edit=vd

I have a couple of group photos left and a few pillow squares if anyone would like one.

And THANKS go out to all who gave gifts to the committee and to those of you who contributed to "the box". You are so very generous Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5085 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Lori, I'm glad I got to meet you in Branson. I could tell by the way you jump (and hung) in that you would be a great host. From all l have heard you were just that and more. I'm so sorry I missed out.

Now, kick back and relax. You've earned it!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9523 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed it. ( especially with it so close to me this year) I ended up having a government appointment that is one where you show up when they tell you to during retreat time this year so would have had to cancel at the very last minute.

It sounds like you had a great time and Lori, you did great as a hostess. Like Rainbow said. Relax or chillax and regroup.

Hugs!

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2396 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applebetty
posted Hide Post
I know that the retreat would have been out of this world(demos, food, friendships, shopping, classes, sights and sounds????) Sorry to have missed it, This is the closest I have come to attending a COF retreat. And things don't look to promising for any in the future. Just keep up with pictures and comments. (to make the one's that are unable to attend to keep on hoping and wishing for their time to attend.) Since I was unable to meet some of you in person will look for you on the board sometime.

Quilters lead a piece-ful life

Posts: 435 | Location: On the road to somewhere | Registered: Nov 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ohsocrafty
posted Hide Post
I would love to hear some of your stories too. Please share with us about the retreat

Posts: 94 | Location: Australia | Registered: Jul 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gonesewin:
I want to thank all of you who made the trip to Harrisburg Smile

I'll be keeping Mildred and Charlene in my prayers - as well as Mcpatches, Savedsinnr, TX Wildflower and the others who couldn't make it.

WoW!!! I guess McPatches and I had a good time SOMEWHERE ... I thought it was COF ... but guess I was confused once again... wherever I was, I met some super nice people, they took me on some wild rides, and they even let me sew with them. Smile Altho, I did have a strange bed fellow who didn't much appreciate my cold feet Smile Razz

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Gonesewin: dotting all the i's and crossing the t's ...sent out the thank you to one sponsor. So much to do, so little time...Smile Back to bordering the Row Robin. Did you see there were TWO #26 challenge projects..mine and the cute chickie? Saw it in the album of MountainLaurel.

Posts: 9538 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I also sent out my thank you post card.

Posts: 3346 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Lori. I had a great time as I'm sure everyone did. So sorry for those who had to cancel at the last minute.
My co-worker is encouraging me to go next year. I told her she would have to come with me.
I also mailed my post card to the vendor. This was a great idea. So much preparation by you and the committee before we even arrived. All the classes were great. Everyone I showed my goodies to was so impressed.
I showed ppl the crochet curly scarf and they want to make them to. We are addicted. That's what it's about too -- passing on the passion for crafts and handwork.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3620 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Cheryl - we did notice that and ir was corrected before voting beganSmile

I appreciate all of you for sending the postcards, thanks!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5085 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I sent the postcard. Then wrote a special thank you to those that gave us items for stopping in and the items I had received in my door prizes that obviously were from a specific vendor. Then generic thank yous to every other vendor on the list except the one that just had a website listed. Used the local Florida picture note cards, the same I am using for the birthday ft qtr swap. Copied the vender list, cut the labels apart and used double stick tape to stick them to the envelope so I didn't have to write all the addresses. Thanks for including that list.

Also a big thank you to everyone who donated items for the door prizes that were listed also... Chris

Posts: 6097 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Gonesewin: Oh okay. cksvett: All I can say is WOW! You're good.

Posts: 9538 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
What she said! Wow. Thanks, Chris.

Picture of Hot Potter Momma
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everything Lori!
I mailed my postcard today!

Posts: 41 | Registered: Nov 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Thank you card is on the way. It was a great retreat.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2314 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mailed my post card. I had so much fun at the retreat.

Posts: 189 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
Lori,

I recieved my tote bag with all the goodies and my refund. It was so unexpected to get the bag & goodies!!! I have been quite ill and this was a pick me up!!

I don't know who donated things, but Thank you so much.

I was so disappointed I couldn't make it, but hope in the future!!

Thanks again, you are all truly wonderful ladies!

Posts: 5533 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
My postcard was mailed last week after I got home. Would love to see their faces as these start getting delivered. A great idea!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine out today Smile

Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lori! I got my packages in the mail today. What a great surprise to get my tote too!

Deb

Posts: 987 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applebetty
posted Hide Post
Got my package today also. There were two items that I don't know what they are or used for. Sorry I so stupid. I will keep looking and try to figure it out. Thanks for all the hard work you did to make the COF retreat so great for the one's that were able to attend. I have been reading so many good things. Sorry to have missed it.

Posts: 435 | Location: On the road to somewhere | Registered: Nov 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder for the Thank you card! I will do that tonight and send out tomorrow! With company arriving hours after Needle left I had forgotten! Eek

Lori I had a great time, glad I was there when you needed batteries. Hubby always makes sure I have at least 3 sets when I leave, not sure why but it has saved me a number of times. He started this when I had none at the Houston retreat! Big Grin

Group Hug

If you can dream it you can do it. Walt Disney

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2647 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I wrote mine in the hospital and Ron sent it off the day we got home. Thank you again.

Posts: 709 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Mine has been written & mailed too. I did it first thing when I got home. Smile

Posts: 4664 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Sent my thank you last week. Thanks for making it so easy.

Posts: 2580 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
I sent mine out the other day. Smile

Posts: 4327 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iluv2quilttoo
posted Hide Post
I sent my card out last week also. That was a great idea. For the ladies who didn't make it and got their bags in the mail, I made the fabric covered gripper square. It is for helping to open jars, etc. Hope you can make use of it. Had a great time at COF, hope I can do it again. Deb

Posts: 49 | Location: small town USA | Registered: Aug 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Betty - describe the 2 things? Besides the jar lid opener there was a cozy for a soda or beer can or bottle. I think there was a stylus, and I'm not sure what else...

Picture of applebetty
posted Hide Post
I don't know where my brain is . The one is a cozy,( I just didn't think of that) the other was made From NT Quilter. Looks like a pincushion on a long piece of ribbon With a small handle?? with a snap. Thanks in advance for the help

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I got a really nice thank you postcard from Mountain Laurel (Carolyn) for the items that I had sent help make the retreat a great time for all of you. Sorry that I could not be there this year. I'm looking forward to next years COF.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3539 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
From NT Quilter is a chatelaine but I would love explanation on how to wear/use hers.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
As it was explained to me at COF, you drape it around your neck. The one side is a small pin cushion and the other is for your scissors. Makes perfect sense once someone explains it to you, but I was clueless till then. Couldn't figure out how to attach it together, which you don't do... Chris

Posts: 6097 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Post card went out right after retreat. Thank you for providing those - great idea.

What a great retreat and a HUGE THANK YOU to all that donated items and gave out gifts.

Posts: 8082 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Thank you for clarification on the use of the pin cushion with the long ribbon. It is perfect for my long arm machine. When I need a pin or scissors, they are "ALWAYS" on the other end of the table. I love the colors of mine.

Thank you to who ever made it.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post