Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew & Tell 5-3-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew & Tell 5-3-13 Sign In/Join 
posted
Sew & Tell is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you've finished, what you're working on- we'll cheer you on!

I had to change the date- first I put that it was 4-3-13! Who can believer it's May, and that our Midwestern friends are having such ridiculous weather!
Last weekend I made a bunch of burp diapers, and mailed some to my DD in Seattle. My girlfriend came over and put a quilt up on the HQ, so I helped her with the setup.

Who's sewing?

Posts: 2931 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
One more little (8 1/2" x 11 3/4") quilt for AAQI for me. The blocks are called "Thunder & Ligntning" so that's what I named the quilt. Roll Eyes

Martha

Posts: 6989 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am working on breast pads for DGD and a DN. have 20 so far. going to try diaper covers. has any one made diaper covers using PLU I am not sure what that is but when I go to Joanns maybe they have it. i have made burp pads and receiving blankets. Life is all about baby now. with two comming in the fall Yes they are both due the same time. I need to get a stock built up. they will find out next month girl- boy. then I can really get busy.

Posts: 374 | Registered: Nov 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bozie - another WOW! I always enjoy seeing your minis.
Susan

Posts: 706 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
Another lovely mini Bozie!

Last year I decided to uncover the sewing machine and make something. When I saw Sarah Vedeler's BOM for The Quilt Show I fell in love with it! So I bought a kit, decided in November that it was big enough, and have finally finished quilting it (I think). Anyway the binding is on, and my error in one of the big corners (bias stretched) doesn't show when it's lying on the bed so I can live with it!

(formerly expatquilter)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cuilteanna,

Posts: 986 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's an amazing BOM! I've never seen anything like it. Think I'll look it up. Is it batiks?

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Sewing outdoor curtains out of screening material, additional curtain for sailcloth extension, placemats for summer dining using the homedecor samples on sale at Joanne's. So glad this fabric shop is connected with HGTV! Finishing up a baby quilt for a friend's newest granddaughter.

Posts: 5048 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Martha I am completely in awe of your minis this one is really beautiful. I'm beginning to feel the confidence to tackle one of the mini EPP kits I bought from Paper Pieces.

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EvelynB:
Wow! That's an amazing BOM! I've never seen anything like it. Think I'll look it up. Is it batiks?

No, the fabrics are all from Red Rooster's Buttons and Blooms line - no batiks at all! The pattern name is Sedona Star, there are some beautiful examples on TQS and on Sarah's site.

Posts: 986 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of glassnquilts
posted Hide Post
I made a baby quilt. I liked the chevrons and they were so easy. This is a picture before it was quilted and bound.

m

Posts: 1182 | Location: West of Atlanta, GA | Registered: Feb 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bozie, you did another beautiful wall hanging. Love it.
Cuilteanna- beautiful quilt- I know the effort it takes to make complexed quilts. You did a great job.
Glassnquilts- your baby quilt turned out great- great colors
I completed my Patriotic Challenge, but will show it in the end of May. Still working on my Crimson Roses king size quilt. Lots of bias edeges and multi y seams. Just added my first two borders. Plenty of work left to do. LOL Sue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sister sue,

Posts: 1486 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Wow! look at those beauties.

I've been practicing FM this week. Posted a bunch of photos here.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9621 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Beautiful projects ladies!!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2298 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Not getting much done but sure am enjoying having my son home! I did finish the quilting on this one and have it hanging in my den. It's nice to have a nice tall 6'4" son to help get it up there. Started to hang it in my bedroom but figured it might keep us awake. I have a soft blue and yellow quilt on the wall and a white one on the bed.

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Evelyn & cuilteanna you both made awesome quilts!

Bozie, nice mini...how big are those blocks? They seem larger than you normally do.

glassnquilts, I like those chevrons...nice & colorful.

I've been working on a couple of prom dress alterations...someday I'll learn to say no Roll Eyes Also working on a photo memory quilt, but not quite ready to be shown.

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Several pretties again.

I've been cleaning house - diligently. I did get to the machine today for some - gag me - mending. I repaired DSs comforter so that he can get it cleaned. And I patched two pairs of his jeans.

Posts: 16481 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bozie, nice mini...how big are those blocks? They seem larger than you normally do.

For sure. These are 3" square. Smile

Martha

Posts: 6989 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Bozie as usual a beauty;

Cuiltieanna. Your quilt is fantastic!! Love it.

Evelyn nice work I like the color waves..

Posts: 4298 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
I've quilted DGD's graduation quilt and am now binding it. I also quilted the sections for a new coverlet for the RV. Still have to put them together and bind it. My Horizon earned its keep today!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6210 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
So enjoy looking & reading about everyone's projects. I finally finished my May block, for the wall hanging, last night. I know it is about a week late. Seems like the faster I go the behinder I get! My delima is do I start on the one for June or do I put it off and do July and go back to June later. Decisions Decisions!

Margie

Posts: 1275 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinbren, what is a bre*st pad?
Bozie, you must have such patience to do such small blocks! They are all so gorgeous!

Such nice projects, as always!

Posts: 2931 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
When you breast feed a baby it's very handy to wear a pad to stop leaking all over your clothes. I taught school for 6 months while breast feeding. Any sound that was similar to a crying baby had milk spurting out of me. It's hard to leave 30 students alone while you pump!

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Breast pads - I knew exactly what she was talking about! You can purchase commercial pads, but I found that they stuck to skin - OUCH! I used folded 100% cotton men's handkerchiefs. Sometimes 2 or 3 folded together.

Posts: 16481 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post