Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Do you sew zippers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you sew zippers? Sign In/Join 
Picture of paus4quilts
posted
Thought this was an interesting little tidbit on how to make those zippers look more finished.

http://blossomheartquilts.blog...per-ends-pretty.html

Posts: 5892 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Nice & so very easy. Thanks!

Nicki

Posts: 7923 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beau's Rose
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the how-to. It's the little tips that make a difference and this looks like an easy one to use.

~Like sands through the hourglass
~So are the days of our lives

Posts: 9325 | Registered: Oct 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Nice little tip, especially if the zipper is too long and you need to cut it off. I don't sew zippers very often anymore, but I'll try to remember this one.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2823 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend that method. I do it that way on all my pouches. It's a much neater way to finish the tops, and you can have fun with a little pop of color there. Good way to use up scraps. And no, you don't need to take it to the iron to press the folds first. I do it with either the gadget shown or my fingers.

Posts: 5430 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done plenty of zippers (used to make slacks & skirts). I have a lot of small zippered pouches on my list of things to make and they all have this technique. The finished product looks more professional and it isn't difficult!

Posts: 840 | Location: MI | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post