Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  More doll quilts showcased - lots of pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More doll quilts showcased - lots of pictures Sign In/Join 
Picture of nlk
posted
Debbie posted more doll quilts that came to her from our board & others.

http://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/

Aren't they just the cutest things you've ever seen? Our gals on this board have done a fabulous job on all the little quilts sent in. We have really been a big help to Debbie & the woodworking elves these past 2 years. Thanks to all of you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Posts: 7922 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
WOW everyone has done a great job they are all so cute

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed the quilt show. You ladies & others did an outstanding job on those beautiful little quilts.

Posts: 5232 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The quilts are fabulous!! Quilters are amazing. I need a little help .. I have 3 ready to send to her, and can't find the address anywhere! If someone can email me, or pm me, with it, my squishie will go to her as soon as I get it. Thanks so much!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great doll quilts everyone! Everyone did such a great job.

DH cleaned off the island in the kitchen where my fabric has a way of getting piled up after I cut fabric for something as my cutting mat is on one end. Two copy paper boxes full (he folded everything before putting it in the boxes) were packed up. He was installing a larger fan in the kitchen ceiling and needed to be able to get to the ceiling above the island!!!!

Periodically while packing things away, he would ask what this was for. One was the next doll quilt I Had pinned together waiting for the batting so I could finish it. Knew I wouldn't get it done this year, so it will be the first one for next year... Chris

Posts: 5862 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the address, I mailed off 3 doll quilts thismorning. 2 I ptracticed free motion quilting so I hope theyre ok. The third I had used white fqbric for back and binding and decided it was too white..so I tea dyed it. If thrrr's a pic attached I was successful in posting.

3 Doll quilts

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh Aliquilt, those little quilts are precious. You are too funny...I did a lot of different "practices" on my doll quilts. It was a perfect opportunity to learn some new techiques and/or get more practice on some areas that I'm a bit weak in. Thank you sooooo very, very much for helping out this year.

Nicki

Posts: 7922 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine and it was to arrive on Monday. I'll watch for pictures or comments to see if it arrived.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Thank you chanlady22! I look forward to seeing yours on Debbie's blog. I know she loves getting them & will be posting soon.

Nicki

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Loving all the sweet little quilts shown.
I'm embarrassed to say that I've not got my 2 dolly quilts sent off. Kept meaning to get on here and ask how we are to label them? Have misplaced my fabric pens anyhow. Roll Eyes

~karen Wave

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
wildcatmom, do not be embarrassed that you have not sent of your doll quilts yet. Sept. 1 was just a guildline time for us to get them in to Debbie so she could be planning for Christmas. Since you signed up to represent Kansas, you can make a simple label that says something like ... Made in Kansas with love .. or.. From Kansas with love...you can put anything on it you want. You can write directly on the little quilt if you don' want to make a label. There are no real rules here. Thank you for your help. I'm sending you a p.m. with Debbie's address.

Nicki

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Karen, I just wrote "Made for you with love, by AngelaC in Maryland"

I mailed Mine & PatriciaAnne's this week. They should have been delivered yesterday.

Posts: 4574 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
AngelaC is sending in our quilts. She and I both posted pictures in the August Stashbusters thread.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I have finished my little quilt from MS. I took a charm pack that I had and used the same pattern that we use on our layer cakes to make the double sliced layer cake pattern. I like it and I think I am going to go thru my scraps and see if I can use up a bunch of my scraps this way.

The corner is not stitched down becasuse after I have a cup of coffee, I am going to put my label on and go mail it off.
Remember I am the "Dutchess of the Last Minute"

Posts: 3604 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
warmbuns, that's a really cute doll quilt. I'm loving all the different patterns, techniques, colors, etc. that come with all these little quilts. There is such a big variety. Some of mine have been quick, easy & simple (like a whole fabric doll quilt) and others of mine have be pieced with a regular quilt block pattern. I've learned some new techniques on these also. I think next year I may try paper piecing on some of mine. I really need to practice on that technique....also free motion quilting.

Thanks!!!!

Nicki

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!! for all the labeling guidance. Big Grin
Will get these labeled and on their way.

~karen Wave

2013 dolly quilts

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh Karen, those are really lovely. I love the fresh, crisp look of them.

Nicki

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Aren't they all so adorable.
I love seeing all the different doll quilt patterns.

Posts: 13275 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post