Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013-May It's My Birthday Swap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013-May It's My Birthday Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sue B
posted
Hello everyone we have 2 Birthday's in May.
Time to start putting them in the mail.

Happy Birthday Ladies.

May 15 ~~~ Aliquilt

May 21 ~~~ MKquilts

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1459 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday:
Aliquilt
MKquilts

Packages were mailed yesterday.

Posts: 7982 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine have gone out thanks to DH. Happy Birthday ladies. Jackie

Posts: 848 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Feb 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Is sent mine yesterday. Annette RN55

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday May girls!!!

I sent my fq's out today.

Marj

Posts: 282 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kay-lin
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! I sent mine out on Monday.

Posts: 4369 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Aliquilt and MKquilts!! I'll get them in the mail tomorrow. Hope it's a good one Smile.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 704 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe it!!!!!!!!

I got 3 today and am chomping at the bit to open them, but am waiting until my birthday 5/21!!

Thank you Kathleen (in Maryland), Michele (in PA) and Nancy (in NY)!

Happy Birthday Aliquilt~~mailing yours tomorrow.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Aliquilts and MKQuilts, both of your packages went into the mail today. Have Happy Birthdays!

Posts: 481 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Mine left Pennsylvania on Tuesday for the birthday gals. Happy Birthday to you.
amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm taking mine to the po today after I am finished sitting on the babies.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4907 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Both went in the mail today. Happy birthday ladies!

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 704 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You ladies are wayyyy on the ball!!! I got 3 moreeee squishies, I could stop with the 6 I now have and I would be happy as a clam Smile

Thank you's to Jackie (in Minnesota), Annette (in NY), and Darlene (in PA)!

XOXO, this is incredibly fun Smile

posted Hide Post
Thursday was like Christmas in my mailbox!! I received packages from: Darlene, Jackie, Kay-lin, Michelle and Nancy. and it's not yet May!! Thanks so much ladies...I'm going to try to hold off til the 15th... beauties from this group will be it for my birthday, the kids barely remember and I don't think I've even got a card the last few years.. oh well .. it was a gloomy day with family issues and trying to decide after 4 months of relaxation/retirement if I should go back to work, while a job I could be interested is available--and I was sooo looking forward to a summer off after 42 yrs of working them!! oh well...Thanks so much!!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to the mailbox has never been more exciting, lol, usually it is bills, but this month....happy, happy dance!

4 more sweet thank you's: Lori (in NJ), Sheila (in Ohio), Marj (in TN), and Patricia (in MD) !!

I have to say, this is fun for my 2 children as well...they take turns going to the mailbox and we are going to open them one at a time on my birthday Wink.......with each new squishy, the kids are just as excited as I am!

Thank you all.

posted Hide Post
I received a couple more Saturday and again Monday...but walked out of house without the list so will update when I can. Yesterday turned into another family drama, this time with 4 hours spent with my dd at241-Kids, local family services, to get temporary emergency custody of her 2 boys, my grandsons. We don't know where she is, but hopefully taking care of herself Frown

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to let Elainetoo know that I received my June package. Thanks... Chris

Posts: 5863 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to the May girls! Your fqs are in the mail.

Posts: 1441 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
May FQs mailed this morning...

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Got my May BD FQ's in the mail just a few minutes ago. And I have tracking!

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2180 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
FQ's are on their way. Happy Birthday May Ladies!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2298 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
FQ's on in the mail from me and lilmommie.

Happy Birthday yall.

SUE B

Posts: 1459 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday May babies! Mailed your packages today... Chris

Posts: 5863 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the most wonderful birthday month ever. I have never been in a birthday swap, and I am loving the mailman who brings my squishies this month!

5 more thank you's: Lois (in Florida), Carolyn (in PA), Kelly (in Florida), Debbie (in TN), and Elle (in VA)....thank you so much everyone Wink

posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for the squishies..and I've been good so far and not opening them. I also remembered to make a list of those received: amiko, bluesnail, cksvett, ears2n, elainetoo, gonesewin, islandtime, kay-lin, mw8930, mountainlaurel, mkquilts, patriciaanne, rn55, shequilts, Wenonah. I tried to stay organized and keep them together, so I hope I didn't misplace any packages. Thanks all, it's been a crazy couple weeks and pretties sure help.

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
still missing some.

SUE B

Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine a long time ago. Aliquilts should have it by now. If she didn't get it let me know and I will resend hers.

Thanks,

Deb

Posts: 1441 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
up to yhe top

SUE B

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I am on vacation after Memorial day and was worried I would not get June birthdays out in a timely manner so mine went in the mail today! So happy birthday to June birthdays your squishies are on their way!

Posts: 409 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of islandtime
posted Hide Post
Just a heads-up to the June ladies - my FQs have also been mailed. Dealing with the rapidly declining health of DH's mother (COPD, CHF & Alzheimer's), and while she's in an acute care facility right now, we don't know when hospice will be the next step (she's 92). I wanted to make sure the FQs were mailed in plenty of time. Taking things day by day.

Elle~~

Posts: 813 | Location: Norfolk, VA & FL Keys | Registered: Feb 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received another squishie yesterday, a blue batik and hmmmm..and left the envelope on the table and don't remember from whom. I'll post that later when I get home. Deb51, I did receive yours, thanks for asking...It had slipped out of the basket I had put all the squishies in...the 2 puppies I fostered them for a week til they were adopted, found it couple days ago behind the table it had been sitting on..I did rescue the envelope before they ripped it to shreds! As far as the fabrics, all laid out it looks like you ladies consulted with each other, most of the colors go together, and the kid novelty fabrics fit into 2 specific themes Smile

posted Hide Post
Thank you to Aliquilt and Quiltsalot for the last 2 squishies!

My 2 daughters and I sat together in a little circle and took turns picking an envelope to open and ahhhhing and oooohing at all the beautiful colors and designs and choices!

Thank you to all for making my birthday sooo wonderful.....Sincerely, Mary Kay

posted Hide Post
I remembered to bring names from squishy received the other day: SueB and lilmommie with 2 great novelties...thanks again ladies!

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Hope we get to see those squishes soon!

Received my second June one from Annette Jordan (no board name on the envelope) and don't have my list which is at home. Thanks... Chris

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
oh geez so much for incognito my board name is RN55. thanks Annette

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Ladies please put only hgtv names on the post. you can refer to the list of names I sent you.
Thank you.

SUE B

Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I mailed my June Birthday fats on Thursday. Happy Birthday June ladies!!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2298 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
there is a June post out.

SUE B