Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Merry Mayhem Mystery #137 - We Salute You
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Mayhem Mystery #137 - We Salute You Sign In/Join 
Picture of mcpatches
posted
Anyone else here doing the Merry Mayhem mystery #137 - We Salute You? Sonja Noskowiak hooked me into it on ?HGTV Quilters on FB, but now I can't find her post! Anyhow, the fabric and cutting instructions are out - http://www.merrymayhem.com/mer...7-we-salute-you.html

- and the instructions will post July 19. Anyhow, here's my fabrics all cut.

Posts: 5799 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Will have to see what I have. Probably will change the colorway to use up some of my stash.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
like your fabrics. Just downloaded the cutting instructions.. will have to check stash. Of course, probably will just download instructions and do later.. so far behind on other stuff.

Posts: 8231 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Just checked the instrudions, and like your fabric choices.

Looking forwrd to seeeig he finished product.

Mary

Posts: 4083 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have my fabrics cut... will post a picture tonight. Using neutrals and clock fabric (don't' have R/W/B in my stash in those amounts- I usually buy 1/4 yards)

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
This looks like a lot of fun - someone let me know when the next one is please Smile Can't do this one (still dealing with business stuff but close to the end. By October I should be back on an even keel.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your creations !!

Posts: 6711 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Oh,my, I want to do this! I often make quilts to be donated to veterans - in fact, my guild is planning to donate some to a veterans home in the fall. I have a whole box full of red and blue fabrics so I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty for this.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the fabrics I am going to use:

Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Another Stashbusting possibility!!! Thanks Roomie!!! Big Grin

Group Hug

If you can dream it you can do it. Walt Disney

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2650 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
QuilterJen, I really like your choices! I don't think outside the box very well and that's how I chose mine, but yours are so rich looking!

Posts: 5799 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to open this link with my i-pad! Tried googling it too with no luck!!!! Help!!!!!

pat

Posts: 5149 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
http://www.merrymayhem.com/mer...7-we-salute-you.html

mcp - copy and paste the above link into your browser. Hope it helps.

Darn it truncated again.
ok - did you right click on the link and "open in new tab or window?"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 8231 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumping to the top- this one day mystery is tomorrow

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what time the first clue will be posted? It probably tells
on the site someplace but I can't find it.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
says 10 am Eastern time.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I'm getting a weird page when I click on the links. Wasn't able to get on yesterday to get the clues. So if anyone has them all and would be willing to email them to me - PM me please.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Elaine,
they are all on the home page upper left.

http://www.merrymayhem.com/index.html

I am still in the middle of step 2. And Quilter Jen is finished! Yay for Jen!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcpatches,

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I couldn't get to that page earlier. Got them all downloaded - now to find time to make it.

Like the pattern.

Picture of Susan-TN
posted Hide Post
I love this pattern! I've always been a HUGE fan of mystery quilts- wish that I'd been an active participant in this particular mystery! As soon as I saw the finished quilt, I immediately knew what fabrics I'd have to pull out of my stash!

Happy Stitching All!
Susan

Posts: 668 | Location: East TN | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Just finished with part 2. Yay! Downer is that I used the wrong fabric for it. Well, my quilt will just be different. Remember, there are no mistakes in quilting, only design opportunities!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
My guild is planning to donate quilts to a veterans home. They would like quilts larger than this is so I am adding a row of blocks to one end and will probably use two borders instead of only one. I have the extra blocks made but still haven't sewn them together.