Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2014 Stashbusters -- January winner named...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Stashbusters -- January winner named... Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
and finally this one, Celtic Solstice. I only bought 5 FQs for this the rest was stash. the colors look a little washed out in the picture

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Wow, Debbie, you've bee busy. I love the Celtic Solstice.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AliceTX
posted Hide Post
Marion2,
I love those potholders ! I would love to have the pattern if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction. They are so cute and different. My girls would love them.
Thanks so much. alice

A clean house is the sign of a broken sewing machine.

Posts: 1149 | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you WQFC for posting my table mat.
It developed from my scrap plastic bag. I probably save pieces that are too small!
I started playing with those small pieces one day and ended up with a mat for our table.

I'm loving all the finishes on here! It's nice to see things getting done in the first month of the new year!

Posts: 2304 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gardenpat:
You've all been so busy! I feel like a slacker! but here is a quilt I just finished to donate to Children's Hospital. pat

That fabric is from the line of the first quilt I made. Gave it to a student's baby brother who was very ill (but recovered!)

All these projects are great! I have done just a few things like blocks and will post later. I also finished a cross stitch afghan I started in the early 80's but don't know if that counts.

Posts: 811 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TerryOH thank you for saying crocheting and knitting is stash busting too I don't post here to qualify for the prizes I come here because you all are so busy sewing and it gives me inspiration to get more done I finished a baby afghan and am using us some squares that I had left over from a different project that I am putting together to make a twin size bed afghan so I want to THANK YOU all for being an inspiration even if I don't quilt

Posts: 568 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Lots of stashbusting going on this month!! Beautiful projects everyone. Smile

I needed a new plastic bag holder, so got out the stash and made this one this morning.

Posts: 5185 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Here's another stashbuster that I quilted up from a panel a dear friend gave me. The batting and backing and binding are all stash. It is another one for our project for Children's Hospital here in Columbus.

pat

Posts: 5127 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....I madae 2 Levis jeans bags for the neighbor, 1 for girls size 5 shorts, shewanted simple and plain ... the i nside pocket though is really nice .. : and has a long strap that we need to shorten .. she needed to 'wear' it to decide :}

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9117 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...this one is a bday gift for the friend of the shorts bag... she gets one with some firly work cuz i designed it and I said so Smile ..I think it would have been easier to have had a pattern or a bag to copy from, but i learned a lot d oing thse .. if I ever m ake one to sell it'll be prices at $100.
The inside pouch gusiness is the fabric of the sash and lining the straps ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9117 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Wow. Those are really cute City/Sandie

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5083 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
What GREAT stashbusting projects this month. I've been making some of those microwave soup bowl pot holders lately from my stash to give to a few friends. I just love those things. I'm not taking pics of them as I make them so I have none to share. I'm hoping to make 4 more this week-end.

Nicki

Posts: 8172 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to quilting up this double fleece for DD#2. The back is navy.

Posts: 6790 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Had a productive day! Finished up my stash busters and managed to dust. This is one of my February Sunshine Quilters blocks.

Posts: 811 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
This is March.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
This is April.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
This is photo one of my first set of string blocks.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
And this is photo 2. There are six blocks altogether but I photo wonky too.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I made 2 tops this month. ALL STASH! I've been digging in the stash for the backings. Not sure what to do yet, but I have plenty of fabric, batting and thread to complete.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9705 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....where's that pattern ?? looks like something I would enjoy doing ... yours are beautiful

lots of pretties being posted ...

Wounded Warrior Project

posted Hide Post
Great projects!

Seeing Stars...I really love your transparency quilt...think I would like to give that a try but haven't taken the time to think it through with fabbies yet.

I decided I better add some of my projects to all of your lovely finished stash busters. I have really been trying to use stash the last year also and even more so this year.

Posts: 3465 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has Stage 3 cancer and is going through chemo and radiation treatments. She mentioned that during the treatments her shoulders would get chilly. So I put together a shawl for her from stash. Hopefully, it will keep her warmer.

pat

Posts: 5127 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
I love looking through this thread. I can post I finished: 1 receiving blanket for my DD's new nephew, 1 car seat canopy for DD's friend who has a baby boy due next month, 2 prs pj bottoms for both my DD's and a scarf for DGD ( 17 month) who loves to dress like her mommy. All were totally from stash. ( DGD found my pink cow flannel and is dragging it around saying Dute, dute, dute... dow dow dow.. . she can't say the hard C sound yet therefore cute and cow is dute and dow)

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2396 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
nice to see you on the board knot me!

Everyone is super busy and doing a super job busting that stash - and we still have 8 days left Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5083 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I've tried to stay busy this month, can I post without being in the drawing at the end of the month?

Posts: 5778 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a deadline for joining each month? I just noticed this thread and would like to join up. I could wait until Feb...it's only a week away.

Posts: 143 | Location: Texas | Registered: Oct 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Cookie - you can just post a project here if it's done and mostly made from stash. You can post any time you're done with your project!!!

Posts: 5001 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I started a doll quilt for my DGD today from stash, two orphan blocks and a bit extra. I'm going to FMQ it on my little machine.

Posts: 143 | Location: Texas | Registered: Oct 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't want to load it on your mid arm?!!

posted Hide Post
Hahaha....

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I just finished this back. The flame fabric has been in my stash over ten years. It was time to use it up. I also have it with a yellow background. Now to figure out how to use that one up.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9705 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Yes, McP, I will keep your name out of the drawing if you wish.

Nice backs Jayardi! They give me some good ideas Smile

Welcome Cookie Quilts - glad to have you Big Grin

Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
Hi Gonesewin. I usually lurk a bit. Just wanting to be more productive, and since I don't have my biggest time taker anymore, i hope to be a lot more productive in these next months.

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2396 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
So nice to see everybody being so productive. I made a couple outfits for a baby doll, plus a little fleece blanket and a tote bag to put everything in. Still need to make a little pillow to match the blanket.

Posts: 5185 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
awww, how cute Smile

posted Hide Post
Debbie- was that a free pattern for the tissue covers? I made some for the Christmas swap, but LOVE the sock monkey fabric and want to make one of my own. I collect monkey fabric and finally got brave enough to use some of it Smile

Posts: 1924 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
these are all great projects. Love them all.
I finished the Jan mugrug and a bowl potholder. Will have to take pics later...was traveling and not sure where my camera is.
I also made a Seahawks curly scarf but I sold it. Need to make another, I realize it doesn't count here but I have to share my Seahawks 12th man.
Love the Mountaineer blanket Twostep. My dad is from WVa.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3620 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Having to learn new photo software after getting the computer updated. Anyhow, this is a Quilt for Kids project from Bonnie Hunter's weedwhacker pattern

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcpatches,

Posts: 5778 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
and then 2 broken dishes doll quilts from the diagonal trimmings

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
and another quilt for kids

posted Hide Post
QuilterJen,
the tissue box cover was a free pattern on the Connecting Threads website. The pattern fits perfectly on a Kleenex brand box but other brands are a little bit taller so I changed the pattern pieces to 4" x 19" and 5" x 19" instead of 3 3/4" x 19" and 4 3/4" x 19". otherwise everything stays the same in the pattern. Really easy. The pattern was called Blooming Tissue Box Covers.

posted Hide Post
I haven't made any Quilts for Kids for awhile. I need to put that back on my to do list.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I like QFK because they go so quidkly. Especially if you find them in your stash already cut!

I also finished WQFC's UFO challenge. I won a LOT of bright colored blocks a few years back. I hac made one quilt out of them for charity and had 76 left. Here's the major item - a large sized twin quilt

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
and had enough left over to make a wonky set QFK except it doesn't look too wonky to me

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
and even enough blocks for 3 doll quilts. ARRRRRGGGGGH! and I just found one that escaped and hid behind my sewing table! I've seen these blocks so long, does someone want the runaway?

posted Hide Post
Thanks Debbie!

Posts: 1924 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posting this doll quilt for Cookie Quilts. Very cute!!! She'll be by later to tell more about it. I think this one is going to her DGD, but it motivated her to join the Mrs. Claus effort!

posted Hide Post
Thank you Jill, for posting the doll quilt for me.

It's for my DGD's birthday along with a matching outfit I'm making for her and her doll. I came across the two orphan blocks and decided to make the quilt.

Yes, it did inspire me to join the Mrs. clause project. I'm looking forward to that too.

posted Hide Post
Look at what else Cookie made from stash...and this one now lives at MY house!!! I love it!!! I'm lucky to have such a good friend!!!

posted Hide Post
I feel like I'm the lucky one. You're very good for my quilty self!