Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Hunting under the Hunter Moon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting under the Hunter Moon Sign In/Join 
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted
Yes there is an eclipse tonight before 8 PM they said. This afternoon I spent WAY too long searching online for fabric that showed a hillside village Italian style. The colors are greys and browns and gold and peach. Someone in our guild made it into a disappearing 9 patch and it was in the show today locally. The quilter wasn't there and we figured she made it a while ago. Does anyone remember seeing it? I tried looking under hillside town, Italian town etc. etc. It would resemble Sorrento I guess. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 9629 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Moon's up here, but I don't see any shading like an eclipse yet. I did have a window on the computer open earlier this week with the eclipse info, but Windows crashed (imagine that!) and I didn't re-find that site yet.

Meanwhile, let's search for missing fabric! Could it have been something like this?

http://rachelwetzlerquilts.blo.../french-village.html

Posts: 6144 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
You know, I don't know how you found it but that looks like it. At the quilt show tomorrow I'll check again but now the search is on. That was at least three years ago! I need to go check the sky!!

Posts: 9629 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I can't believe it but I bought 4 yards. Just in case. She must have had a bolt on Etsy. THANK YOU

Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
You're welcome! Glad to be the enabler this time. Big Grin

You gave me all the clues I needed to find it. I think I put "quilt fabric village" into Google and searched on Images. I like to look for things that way, because you can scan down a huge list of images very quickly. Much easier for me than to try to click back & forth on links from a "plain" Google web search.

Looks like the moon went behind a cloud here. Or that is one very dark eclipse.

Posts: 6144 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh....now that you've purchased, I just found this one, which as a lot more "peach" in the colors:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/15...nk-quilting-closeout

But there's also a lot of blue, which you didn't mention.

Now who knew there were so many "village" fabrics out there?! Smile

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
The one I saw today had a light turquoise in it and yellow and peach and brown, which she put a thin border around of it. I will take a picture tomorrow. She had the village print going across the top and bottom and up and down for the borders and in the center she had windows of the villages going every which way and then sashing in gold and peach. So the first choice is either IT or VERY close.

Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see the pic & see how close we got! Smile

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Watch tomorrow night. Someone actually bid on my Garbage Can wallhanging I made for Q's Weird Wallhanging challenge. I thought they took pity on me.

Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
"Quilt fabric landscape village" -- those were the magic words I put into Google & then clicked on Image search. I thought I had closed that tab but it was still open. It was the first fabric there. Voila!

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
So here is the border with the print

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
And here is the Disappearing Nine patch I believe it was

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5906 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Hooray -- that is the fabric in that link! Smile

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
YUP thanks for the help finding it!

Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
You are welcome! Needles in haystacks my specialty. Wink

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Today I brought my camera.