Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT Sign In/Join 
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the Maine list. I see KC1930 is before me, but I want to be there in 2013 also.
Quiltbea

Posts: 13275 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
McPatches, your doll quilt is lovely. It's going to look so good on a little doll bed.

Tisme, I will put you at the bottom of the list with me & City/Sandie & PatriciaAnne. As time goes on we can pick a state. You don't have to have anything in your quilt that represents the state you selected. I originally thought if I did a "state thing" last year we would be able to send at least 50 little quilts to Debbie. 2013 is basically the same. You can put a state theme of some sort in your quilt if you wish but you don' have to. In 2014 I'm thinking of asking for state themed quilts....maybe.

quiltbea, I've got you signed up for Maine.

Nicki

Posts: 7941 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
I see New Hampshire is shy a hostess. Well, I vacationed at my sister's country home in NH for many years as I grew from child to womanhood. She was much older and dearly loved. In her memory, I'd love to make a quilt from New Hampshire as well.
Add my name to NH.

Posts: 13275 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Quiltbea, I've added you to New Hampshire & thank you for that request.

Nicki

Posts: 7941 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Heartmania
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up. I would like to make one for New Hampshire and one for North Carolina. Thanks for doing this it is a great project.

Mary Anne

Posts: 490 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Nicki -
should our little quilties be washed before we send them on their way?

Posts: 5674 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
mcpatches, it does not matter if the quilties are washed or not. It's your preference.

Nicki

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
I made up the blocks for my two doll quilts in the 4-patch stacker pattern. I had to try out my new design wall, the sticky Quilters' Block Butler. Love it.
I can finish them up this week and I'll be ready for the 2013 mailing.

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of the 2 I mailed Sat.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 708 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIS
NICKI PUT ME FOR MASSACHUSSETS I AM HAPPY I DID NOT PASS THIS ONE
LOVE ELY

Posts: 1776 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nlk:
She needs 2 sizes --- 12" x 18" for the cradles & 14" x 18" for the doll beds. You can pick which ever size you want to make...you can make more than one quilt if you are so inclined.

I have a question?????????
Are we to adhere to the exact measurements posted or can be go say an inch bigger ????

Cute little quilties....

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9922 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
May, they don't have to be those "exact" sizes. Mine that I made for 2012 were not exact & I know Debbie could still use them. You surely can go an inch or so bigger or smaller.

Quiltbea, your two quilts are going to be so pretty. I know they will make 2 little girls very, very happy.

shequilts, I love your 2 quilts you made. They are so colorful & cheery. Can't you just visualize the looks on the children's faces when they get these with their doll bed or stroller?

Ely, I will sign you up for Massachusetts & thank you so much for helping.

Nicki

Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
Made two doll quilts (one of each size) this weekend and will put them in the mail to Deb sometime this week.

Posts: 507 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nicki....some of us quilters have inspiration when we are laying patterns out and ZOOM off we go and then come the .."Oh but"...sans my question. Isn't is amazing we are working on these for 2013 with Christmas looming..

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9922 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
You can also put me down for Connecticut as I lived there for over 20 years.

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
KC1930 you've been added to another state. Thanks for the support.

Nicki

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Have I told all of you lately that I love you? This board is just the best of the best. THANK YOU & {{{HUGS}}} to you all!!!!!

Nicki

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
We love you too! Smile

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
aww Nicki-you're so sweet and I'm blushing Smile

In my mind's eye I can see some little angels face just light up in awe and wonder. Makes my heart swell!

PamSmile

Posts: 5709 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicki, I was thinking what KC said... we DO love you too! You got us involved in this fun, worthwhile project!
mcp, I love your strings!
quiltbea, love your posies!
shequilts, love your two quilts... just perfect to cover a dolly!
I pull fabric today so will be sewing soon

Posts: 2244 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dd quilts
posted Hide Post
Please put me down for South Carolina. I see it doesn't have anyone yet.

dd

Posts: 268 | Location: Charleston SC | Registered: Jun 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
shequilts.....What adorable little quilts. Good going girl.

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
I had so much fun making these 2 little quilts I've started on 2 more. I happy to hear that it is OK to make them a little bigger. Thank you. We love you too.

Posts: 708 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
dd quilts, South Carolina belongs to you. Thanks for wanting to make a quilt.

Nicki

Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Nicki: I would love to join in the fun. Please put me down for Massachusetts as I have lived here all my life. I also would like to do one for Vermont as this is one of my favorite states to Visit. Thanks, Nancy

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Catwmn27, thank you so much for joining in on this great project. This is our second year of helping with these & the response from our board has been tremendous. I've got you down for your favorite states. Wave

Nicki

Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
Add me to Georgia. I have some extra blocks that will work perfect.

Devonne

Posts: 14932 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Downsouth, you're a "peach" for taking on Georgia. Thanks!!!

Nicki

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
I just received an email from Debbie. She said my little quilts arrived and they are so cute. I am happy they got there.
Thank you!!! and I appreciate her email.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know you mailed them & that they arrived safely. Debbie is such a sweet lady & will enjoy each & every little quilt.

Nicki

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Here's my first doll quilt finished, 14x18. I'll mail it when I get #2 quilted.

posted Hide Post
Quiltbea that is soo pretty.I like that you posted the actual finished size...

May
"In Michigan"

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
TcMay....I always put the size on my labels. That way anyone knows right away which bed it will fit: twin, full, queen or in this case a cradle or doll bed.
Mine simply read: "Made in Maine for Christmas 2013" and "14x18" at the bottom. I used a pigma pen.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
quiltbea, that turned out so pretty. I love those blocks. That's a great idea with putting the size on the back. Thanks for making these & posting the picture.

Nicki

Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
my daughter lives in West Virginia and most of my family is from there! So I will take WVA since there are so many of us from Ohio!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sprmom,

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
West Virginia was a good state to pick, sprmom. There's just something about loving the state that a daughter lives in. Thanks for joining us for the 2013 "Get Your Mrs Claus On" project. Wave

Nicki

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
My 2nd doll quilt is done. Another 14x18 in blue and white poinsettia print.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... oh quiltbea those are so pretty - I like the block you are using - so am I! It's one of my favorites from way back when ... love seeing it back into focus... and you sure are an artist with it. Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8996 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
City/Sandie....Thanks.
Its seems most of the quilts and snugglers I've been making are the 4-patch stacker. I love the look, they are always so pretty and they are easy. And you can't beat the mystery of seeing what each block will look like. Everyone who's rec'd one from me loves the design. At my age I now go for easy and fast. Big Grin

Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
glad I could help this year, thanks Nicki!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
shequilts, Debbi posted a picture of the little quilts made on her blog today. She's got a nice close up shot of them & they sure are pretty. She will probably post everyone's quilts as she gets them (she's so good about that). I will try & keep y'all all up to date as she receives them by linking y'all to her blog below:

http://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/

Y'all are the BEST!

Nicki

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Here's my contribution so far. I have a few more orphan type blocks left, but need to get 2012 Christmas sewing and quilting done!

Posts: 5674 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
ALL the little quilts are so adorable. I am so pleased that Debbie published my 2 little quilts pics on her blog. That really make me proud.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
McPatches, those little quilts are awesome & Debbie will be so happy to add them to the 2013 collection. Thank you for helping the children.

shequilts, I know how you feel about Debbie posting the quilt pictures. You can tell that she really liked them & was appreciative of what you did for the project. I always loved it when I saw mine on her blog.

Nicki

Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
Heard from Debbie that she received my two for 2013. Mark me done Smile

Posts: 507 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
KaribbeanQuilter, thank you for letting me know that your little quilts were sent & made it safely to Debbie's home for storage. Do you have pictures to share with us?

As each of you send your quilts I will put a smiley face by your name if you let me know.

Nicki

Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming they can be flannel too? I have some really cute Tinkerbell fairy fabric leftover from a project I did for Quiltaholic.

I made a 9 1/2" block that is black and gold with a teddy bear in the middle. This was the only block I made (when my DIL said she didn't like the colors) so it's perfect for this project. I never knew what to do with that single block until now!

Add me to Kentucky too! Kentucky is my home state and the sun still shines bright in my heart for my old Kentucky home (sa..lute!, lol).

Devonne

Posts: 14932 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Downsouth, you certainly can use flannel. I made 2 last year from flannel that were so soft & cute. I'm signing you up for your Old Kentucky Home state. Thanks!

Crocheted & knitted quilties are welcomed also. There are not strict rules & regulations to this project.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll do Montana, only place I've ever lived.

Posts: 530 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: Apr 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
STinMT, The Big Sky Country state is yours! Thanks for being a part of the quilt project.

Nicki