Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT Sign In/Join 
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of mine. I flipped the back over to show the little label.

I mailed it out today.

Posts: 1994 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Very cute, love the bright colors

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 704 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scdeb
posted Hide Post
I got 2 doll quilts in the mail yesterday. One from Chlynn 1129 and one from Malou. Both are super cute and I so love the labels. I am taking photos and doing a post on my blog about them. Thank you both for helping and being great Mrs. Clauses.
Debbie scdeb

Posts: 133 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dd quilts
posted Hide Post
I am signed up and my doll quilt is ready. I do need to add the label. But where do I mail it. I missed that part. I'll take a pic and post after I put the label on.

dd

Posts: 268 | Location: Charleston SC | Registered: Jun 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
dd, I sent you a p.m. with the mailing address.

Debbie posted the pics on her blog today for all to see .....

http://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/

She gets so excited when the little quilts come in.

THANKS!!!!

Nicki

Posts: 7943 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How neat to see my doll quilt and others on her blog! It's nice that she posts them and you can tell she appreciates them.

Posts: 2244 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Went to a quilt show in Orlando today and they had a display of one of their community projects, blankets for Beanie Babies. Thought of this when I saw it... Chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Well now those are really cute.

Nicki

Posts: 7943 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...thanks for posting thap pic Chris.... very cute,

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8996 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the Beanie Blankets! Will propose them to my sisters' TLC sewing group. Maybe even add tiny pillows. Have the fabrics cut for my 2 doll quilts, but no time yet. Maybe in a week or two. Spent the day teaching rolled pillowcases. Had several young girls in the group who were great! The oldest sewer ( 80's) was the wonderful TLC group master organizer who hadn't sewn in many years. Itchin to be stitchin!

Posts: 414 | Registered: Jan 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Nicki, I see we are down to three states to be covered. Since I live close to Delaware put me down for that. Thanks.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Wonder if our doll quilts made it to Debbie, I sent them out with the note, but maybe she is busy with life and we will hear soon. pat

Posts: 7848 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Nicki, My friend has been working on them already. Patty is glad to know we are doing it again!
So count her and I in!
any state your need, (we are in Michigan..)

Posts: 11810 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
PatriciaAnne, I have put you down for Delaware & I've signed up for the last ones. I wanted to wait & decide at the last minute & I think this is the last minute. Wink Thank you!

patty j, I will check with Debbie & see if she received your sister sue & your doll quilts. I'll check it out & thanks for y'alls precious quilts.

Oh Kim, patty is such a dear lady for helping us out again this year. Give her a big hug for me!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
patty j, here's the reply I received from Debbie...

"No. Have not gotten them yet. Only received the two I posted last week I will keep an eye out and let you know when they come."

Maybe give them a few more days. Did you send them with a tracking number? Do you remember what day you actually sent them? I'm sure they will show up soon.

Nicki

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Patty & Sister Sue, Debbie got your doll quilts on Friday & posted them on her blog today. They sure are cute & "Rudy" loves them. Smile

http://stitchintherapy.blogspo...c8720700765091208635

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Nicki- Thanks for the update Sue

Posts: 1494 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
ddquilts, your precious little quilt got to Debbie safe & sound. It's so pretty, fresh & cheery looking. Thank you for being a hugh part of the 2013 doll quilt project. Here's a link to Debbie's blog where she posted a picture & write up about it:

http://stitchintherapy.blogspo...il.html#comment-form

Nicki

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Have two done and the top of a third one done before I broke off to do other things. Must do a tag for the back yet. Will post pictures when DH downloads the camera. thought he would after last weekends quilt show, but so far he hasn't... Chris

Here's the two I have finished using the strip of 5 blocks I bought at a rummage sale with a bunch of scraps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
This is the back of the one with the green & white sashing. This block was so off square all I could do with it was use it on the back... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Many years ago when Mae's fabrics was going out of business, bought a bunch of doll quilt panels. When I recently rediscovered these and thought I would use them for this project. When I went to use them, I discovered that they weren't cut correctly. So here is what I am working with... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here is the first top I have made from three of them. Still need to finish it... Chris

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I finished a top yesterday and got to wondering. How are you Ladies doing the backs. I see what cksvet has done with one of them. I guess I'm wondering if most are making them reversible or not? Just putting a plain back on them????

I know, probably whatever we want, right?

Posts: 5918 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Chris, those little Christmas bear quilts are just precious & are perfect for doll quilts. Those doll quilt panels and whole fabric quilts really make for speedy finishing of the little quilts. Thank you, thank you!!!

Paus4quilts, I've always just used a whole piece of fabric for the backs of mine but I know lots of you sew peices together for the backing & some make them reversible. It's totally up to you & how much time you want to put into your little quilt & how you want it to look.

You gals are just terrific in my eyes for all your help with this! THANKS TO EVERYONE OF YOU!

Nicki

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I just finished doll quilt 1 of 3 for the donation and I used this really cute bear fabric for the backing.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 704 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Paus, Sue and I just used a full piece of fabric for the backing and of course the labels.
Oops, Kayla, nice doll quilt. Love those bears.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty j,

Posts: 7848 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh Kayla, I love the little quilt & all those little bears on the back. That's sure going to make a sweet little girl happy!

Nicki

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I took time yesterday to 'play' with something I suggested on another thread for one of these quilts. And here's what I came up with.

I made a "460 inch string quilt", copying the 1600" quilt method. From that I got two quilts. One 14 1/2 x 18 1/2". Another 11 x 16".

I would strongly recommend if anyone tries anything like this...if there are a group of same fabrics or colors in one spot, DO NOT try to fix it. lollll

I'm thinking I'll put a stuffed critter applique on them.

Posts: 5918 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...wow - very cool Paus ...

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8996 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
very cool, glad to hear your quilts aren't an exact 14X18 because mine came out a smidge bigger also and I just hoped it would be ok.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Paus, those quilts are awesome.

NOTE TO ALL: The quilt sizes DO NOT have to be exact measurements. I'm sure that smaller ones will fit a stroller perfectly & larger ones will fit cradles & bed. I don't want anyone to stress over the size or the way they are made or if they are bound or not or if the colors don't look right or ANYTHING. These children are thankful for the toys they get at Christmas. If it weren't for wonderful people like the Woodworker's Guild or for Debbie's Get Your Ms Claus project, these little children would not be getting a gift at Christmas. THANKS AGAIN TO EACH & EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO ARE HELPING.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Hey Nickie,Is this the last post for 2013??? Here is Dolly Quilt # 2....The blue with the bonnets,shoes etc. is the backing....Love these little projects...It's 12 x 18 "

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TcMay,

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9926 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
The Sun Bonnet Sue is so cute

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

posted Hide Post
I needed to find this because I couldnt remember the finished sizes. Just bumping it up for anyone else Wink

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1799 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post