Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT Sign In/Join 
Picture of nlk
posted
I know it's early for 2013 but I had quite a lot of interest in the "Get Your Mrs Claus On" project already. Here's the link that lets you know how this project started & what it's all about (it's all about the children!)

http://stitchintherapy.blogspo...laus-on-project.html

A wonderful group of woodworkers in South Carolina have been making wooden toys, doll beds, strollers, etc. for needy children at Christmas time & they approached Debbie & said the doll beds needed little "blankets"...thus began the "Get Your Mrs Claus On Project". In 2012 our board was represented by gifting the children with over 126 doll quilts (representing each state in the USA). For 2013 I'm not limiting a state to only one person so if you want a state that has already been spoken for I will add you to that state. Also I'm bringing in any countries all over the world that you might want to represent. The little quilts will be mailed directly to Debbie in 2013 & I can supply you with her address. All I ask is that you let her know that you are from the HGTV Quilting Board so she will know where they are coming from and that you get them to her NO LATER than September 1, 2013. This will allow her to make plans to get any additional quilts made that she will need before the Christmas deadline. At this time I do not know how many the woodworkers will need for 2013.

She needs 2 sizes --- 12" x 18" for the cradles & 14" x 18" for the doll beds. You can pick which ever size you want to make...you can make more than one quilt if you are so inclined. The little quilts can be a whole piece of fabric, a pieced quilt, machine made, hand made, free motion quilted, stitch in ditch quilted, tied....any way you want to make them.

****ADDED INFO HERE***** Debbie sent me an e-mail about how truly excited she was that our board is making these quilts again for 2013. She has added a request or two for us:
~~~quote~~~
When they send the doll quilts, have them include a note with name, screen name and email---so I can let them know of arrival and send thank yous. Signing on the back of the quilts with the state or country too was a surprise that worked out great. The lady at Pendleton House was awestruck when she saw states like California, and Michigan on the back of them."~~~

The quilt does not have to have an official label but just a little note on the back like "Made from ______ with love". This can be done with pigma pens that don't wash out. Thanks!

SINCE I WON'T BE COLLECTING THE QUILTS FIRST, PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE QUILT & POST IT SO WE CAN SEE & ENJOY IT. EVERYONE LOVES SEEING WHAT WE ARE DOING.

Smile = Made & sent to Debbie & posted on her blog.

Alabama......Blue Skies7
Alaska......nancyc20 & Paus4Quilts & KaylaQuilts
Arizona.....wiley & KaylaQuilts
Arkansas.....NICUnurse
California.....Coco Cathy
Colorado.......nancyc20
Connecticut.....KC1930
Delaware
District of Columbia
Florida.....cksvett
Georgia...... Downsouth
Hawaii
Idaho........Kay-lin
Illinois.....Quilter Chris
Indiana......mcpatches
Iowa.........Pwife
Kansas......wildcatmom
Kentucky....Fayejean & Downsouth
Louisiana
Maine.........KC1930 & quiltbea
Maryland......AngelaC & PatriciaAnne
Massachusetts.....Ely & Catwmn27
Michigan..........TcMay & sewlove2quilt
Minnesota.......chanlady22
Mississippi.....warmbuns
Missouri.....SavedSinnr & Precious & KaylaQuilts
Montana.......STinMT
Nebraska
Nevada......wiley
New Hampshire.....quiltbea & Heartmania
New Jersey......gonesewin
New Mexico......Happy Erme
New York.........longjohn
New Zealand......Jane_Kiwi
North Carolina.....Heartmania
North Dakota.....Seeing Stars
Ohio.............aliquilts & shequilts - Smile
Oklahoma......Marion
Oregon.........Quilter Chris
Pennsylvania.....applebetty
Puerto Rico......City/Sandie
Rhode Island.....Catwmn27
South Carolina.....dd quilts
South Dakota
Tennessee......shequilts - Smile
Texas....Will Quilt for Chocolte & Lisa-Tx(& daughters)
Utah...Paus4Quilts
US Virgin Islands.....Karibbean Quilter - SmileVermont.....Catwmn27
Virginia.....Malou
Washington...wannaquilt2
West Virginia.....sprmom
Wisconsin......Jayardi & Sister Sue & Patty J
Wyoming.....Chlynn1129

***Picking a state at a later date:
nlk
City/Sandie
PatriciaAnne
tisme

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Posts: 7909 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'll take NJ Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the state of Ohio
Thank you,

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 704 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be proud to send something from beautiful Missouri Smile it might be a good bonding time with my sewing buddy Precious as well... She has that kind of giving heart Big Grin

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
I'd like Kansas, please.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3145 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Put me down for Maine. Sending you a PM with my info.

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wannaquilt2
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up as a Georgia peach. :-)

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."

Posts: 1925 | Location: Hither & Yon | Registered: Sep 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
I would like Alabama please. Are we making both sizes? or do we need to pick a size?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BlueSkies7,

Posts: 257 | Location: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jul 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Sara, you can pick a size or make both sizes. You can make 1 quilt or as many as your heart desires. No quilt will be turned down & if she gets more quilts than the elves need she will use the the next year. This is an ongoing project. Thanks!!!!!

Nicki

Posts: 7909 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I will do New Mexico again.
Big Grin

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3116 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Will do this one this time. Please put me in for Florida... Chris

Posts: 5852 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I'm volunteering for Texas!

Posts: 4781 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I'll take Indiana since we already have two from Ohio!

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
I'll take Wyoming...lived there many years ago.

Posts: 1992 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quilter Chris
posted Hide Post
Hi, I think I would like to try Illinois and Oregon if that is ok. Quilter Chris

Posts: 174 | Location: Saint Anne, Illinois | Registered: Jul 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
WOW---y'all are just blowing my socks off with your help. I notified Debbie that we are already getting a list up for 2013 & she was just FLABERGASTED! She had a couple of requests so I've posted an update to the master thread here. Please read it & hopefully everyone will abide by her wishes. Here's what she said:

quote ~~~~
"When they send the doll quilts, have them include a note with name, screen name and email---so I can let them know of arrival and send thank yous. Signing on the back of the quilts with the state or country too was a surprise that worked out great. The lady at Pendleton House was awestruck when she saw states like California, and Michigan on the back of them."

Nicki

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for sharing this. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shequilts,

Posts: 704 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Do you want more than one from each state? I was born in Oklahoma, so I could take that if necessary. I would be happy to be with WQFC on Texas--whatever is better for your records. I'm wanting to get my daughters to help with some quilting in the coming year, so this might be a fun project for us to do together.

Smile

Posts: 5020 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I lived in Oklahoma for about 6 years. I could take that state so Lisa and her girls could have Texas...or, if someone from OK wants that State, could we send more than one from Texas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Will Quilt for Chocolate,

Posts: 4781 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
This is a wonderful project. I would like to participate again for 2013 and again represent the US Virgin Islands. Thank you for coordinating! Will send a PM with my info.

Posts: 498 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad we're doing this again. A very worthwhile project.
I will take Virginia seeing Ohio is taken. My little sis lives there and I hope to move there when DH decides to finally retire for good!
Thanks for organizing this for us!

Posts: 2235 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Lisa-Tx, I've signed you up for Texas.

Yes, I'm allowing more than one person to sign up for a state. Last year we had several that wanted states already taken. I'm thinking as long as we get 50 quilts we've made our committment regardless of what state they come from. I want this to be fun for everyone & don't want any sad quilters.

I'm going to wait until later to pick my state in case some of you were wondering about me. Wink

Nicki

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I will take KY. Had fun making them last year.

Posts: 505 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Yea, everyone wins! I'm going to let my girls play with some pre-cut squares and see what they come up with. Have given them HST's in the past and DD#1 drafted her own block and sewed it a year ago--was quite impressed with her skill.

Posts: 5020 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
I will take Arkansas again. Not sure how many I'l send this time but I have enough scraps for many!

Pam Smile

Posts: 5693 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Lisa-Tx, I'm glad you are getting your girls involved in this project. This is a fun one for mothers/daughters, aunts/nieces, grandmothers/grandaughters, friends/neighbors, & I don't want to forget those sons & grandsons & nephews too. I know we have some on this board who do a terrific job with a sewing machine.

Nicki

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for Maryland please!

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marion2
posted Hide Post
I'll take Oklahoma again; however, will welcome any others to join me!

Also, I would like to ask everyone to post pictures of their little quilts before they send them. We loved seeing all the pics you posted Nicki.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marion2,

Posts: 5545 | Location: OK | Registered: Jun 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Nicki, I don't know how I missed this. Did not realize you were starting this already. You can add me to the list for WI.

Did I read that right? We're signing up for NEXT year? Does that mean she doesn't need any this year?

Thanks for taking charge again. You are doing an awesome job.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9611 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...How did I miss this starting again? Sign me up .. but I had choice of state(s) last time so I will just start making and you can give me a state later if something is left over .. or I can choose then.
...I'm getting excited again already ... do we know she has enough for this year?

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8981 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Marion, thank you, thank you for posting the picture request. I will go back & include that in the instructions.

Jayardi & City/Sandie, you read it right...2013!! She has enough for 2012 now. YAY!!!!!

City/Sandie, I'll put you down on the spread sheet along with myself & wait to assign a state for us later.

We are already 1/2 to our goal & this is only the first day to ask for volunteers. YOU QUILTERS ROCK!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Picture of scdeb
posted Hide Post
Hello, Super Quilters.....Nicki sent me a note that she had started a roster for 2013. Well, I am floored! She may be right and I will get to enlarge my sewing room to stack up doll quilts!
Seriously, I get so overwhelmed at your response. To date 85 doll quilts and beds/cradles have gone out for early delivery and the agencies are so over joyed at the doll quilts that add so much to the toy project. I have 60+ waiting to go out for this year, so 2012 is covered. The elves are still working hard, but are also making boy toys---cars and planes and trucks---and can't keep up with you all.
I so appreciate all your help...it is so wonderful to not have to beg and ask for participation in this. Rest assured each and every doll quilt you make will reach a little girl through the toy project. Nicki has my mailing address but I can always be contacted through my blog. And I will do better to keep you updated along the way.
Thanks, Debbie

Posts: 133 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3603 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
This sounds like fun. Sign me up for Maryland and one of the states that no one else picks.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
o.k. PatriciaAnn, I've set you up for Maryland & made a note that you will take another state later. City/Sandie & I are also holding out until everyone gets a pick at their state & then we will select a state at a later date. Thanks so much for helping out with the children's quilts!

Nicki

Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
wow nlk you just mention this and see how it grows overnight. lol Good Job.

Posts: 2942 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicki- Patty J and I will make one each. Wisconsin was taken, but we could do any other state. If you still need more that these 2, just let us know. We can always do more. It is for a great cause. I will PM you my information. Sue

Posts: 1483 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Sue, I'll sign both of you up for Wisconsin. It's o.k. to have more than one quilt from a state. Don't forget to let Patty know you signed her up. Wink

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Thanks Nicki- I will let Patty know that we will do Wis. Sue

Posts: 1483 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for Michigan, I think I can handle a quilt that size w/ the time slot not til sept 2013...lol!! Big Grin

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6778 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
You can sign me up for Nevada as well.Big Grin

Posts: 4364 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
sewlove2quilt, I was hoping that Sept. deadline would give everyone time...Wink Thanks to you and wiley for signing up for the project.

Debbie said for every project that she makes in 2013 she is going to make a doll quilt from the scaps. I think that's a fantastic idea.

Nicki

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
That's where I went - to my drawer of orphan blocks and pieces of blocks (like the corners cut off of flying geese, etc.) Found enough goodies to make probably a dozen or so.

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
I finished 2 today and have them ready to mail off. I want to make a few more a little later. Need to re-size my picture and then I will post.

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up for Minnesota.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
chanlady22, you've been set up for Minnesota. Thanks for signing up.

oh we have an over achiever in the house....shequilts has 2 finished already!!!

Nicki

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I've been told, and happily agreed to make a quilt or two. How fun this project was, now I need to think about some sincere fabric.

Posts: 7817 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Here's my first one - I had gotten these 4 blocks as a prize for stashbusting. All I had to do was rescue them from the orphan block drawer, trim to 14" x 18", put a piece of fleece on the back and I was done! 2 hours max with making a label and quilting!

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I can do this! I can do small ones, so sign me up. I will take whatever state you have left over.
I am just a little confused, are we representing the state in our quilty or just doing it so we have that many.

Posts: 4572 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I know that this year (2012) we could make any style,fabric quilt. Didn't need to make special for the state. Mine had cows on it for Nevada. LOLL It was cute kids fabric I had left from one I made my grandaughter. So whatever you want to make went. Pat

Posts: 7817 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post