HGTV Message Boards
2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5894011632/m/5273903467

Nov 14, 2012, 11:32 AM
SeeingStars
2013 Doll Quilt Sign Ups here - ADDED INFO FOR YOUR QUILT
I was born in North Dakota, so I'll be happy to send a quilt to represent that state. Smile

http://seeingstars-quilting.blogspot.com/
Nov 15, 2012, 01:33 AM
BlueSkies7
Seeing Stars- You are welcome to join me for Alabama! I don't want to "hog" the whole state! LOL

Nov 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
nlk
SeeingStars, I've added your name to North Dakoata & am happy that you have joined us here.

KarribbeanQuilter, Debbie posted your darling quilts today & she is so proud to have them in the group. Thank you so much & they are so cute.

Malou, your little quilts were posted today also. What beautiful doll quilts you produced for 2013. That little duck just puts an immediate smile on my face. Thank you very, very much!

Here they are for all to see:

http://stitchintherapy.blogspot.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Nov 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
Malou
Nicki, though I'd like to take credit for those two wonderful quilts from a Mrs. Claus representing Virginia... it wasn't me!
Has to be someone else that did those. I love that duck!
I live in OH but chose VA because a sister lives there and we hope to relocate there one day and there OH had been taken.
I plan on working on my quilts after Thanksgiving.
Nov 16, 2012, 07:30 PM
nlk
HA!, that is too funny Malou. O.K., I'll wait until another time to see yours posted on her blog. I did notice that she didn't say the quilter was from the HGTV Quilting Board & she generally gives credit to our board. Wave I just went back & took the smiley face off your name. Frown

Nicki

Nov 18, 2012, 06:22 PM
TcMay
Here is my 1st Dolly Quilt made all from my scrap bins..I won't mail this until I get another one done to go along with it,probably in January.
Forgot to say,this finished at 12 x 18...I do love the little quilts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TcMay,

May
"In Michigan"
Nov 20, 2012, 10:31 PM
TcMay
TTT

May
"In Michigan"
Nov 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
nlk
Oh May, that's a lovely little quilt. I like that you made it from your scrap bin. Your FM quilting is GREAT on it. Thanks so much for your help with this cause.

Nicki

Nov 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
TcMay
Thanks Nicki...I should have practiced on a scrap before I did that little quilt and I would have liked it better.

May
"In Michigan"
Dec 26, 2012, 09:08 AM
Catwmn27
Hi Nik: now that Christmas is over, I will be starting other projects including the doll quilts I signed up for. I just wanted to know if you have anyone signed up for Rhode Island. If not, I will take that state as well so all of New England is covered.

Thanks
Dec 26, 2012, 01:34 PM
Chlynn1129
Cute quilts sent in already!

I hope to gt to mine soon. They just take a little while since they are so small.

Working on a Quilt of Valor right now. TC May, I really like your BWB one.

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x190/chlynn1129/
Dec 26, 2012, 08:30 PM
nlk
Oh Catwmn27, that's sweet of you to take on another state. I've got you signed up for The Ocean State Rhode Island). Thank you soooo much. I need to get started on making a few more now that Christmas is over & my sewing projects are completed.

There are 7 states left that have not been spoken for. Don't forget that in 2013 we can have more than one sign up for a state. So if you see a state that's already got a name by it I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to put your name next to it also.

Nicki

Dec 26, 2012, 08:40 PM
TcMay
quote:
Originally posted by nlk:
I know it's early for 2013 but I had quite a lot of interest in the "Get Your Mrs Claus On" project already. Here's the link that lets you know how this project started & what it's all about (it's all about the children!)

http://stitchintherapy.blogspo...laus-on-project.html

A wonderful group of woodworkers in South Carolina have been making wooden toys, doll beds, strollers, etc. for needy children at Christmas time & they approached Debbie & said the doll beds needed little "blankets"...thus began the "Get Your Mrs Claus On Project". In 2012 our board was represented by gifting the children with over 126 doll quilts (representing each state in the USA). For 2013 I'm not limiting a state to only one person so if you want a state that has already been spoken for I will add you to that state. Also I'm bringing in any countries all over the world that you might want to represent. The little quilts will be mailed directly to Debbie in 2013 & I can supply you with her address. All I ask is that you let her know that you are from the HGTV Quilting Board so she will know where they are coming from and that you get them to her NO LATER than September 1, 2013. This will allow her to make plans to get any additional quilts made that she will need before the Christmas deadline. At this time I do not know how many the woodworkers will need for 2013.

She needs 2 sizes --- 12" x 18" for the cradles & 14" x 18" for the doll beds. You can pick which ever size you want to make...you can make more than one quilt if you are so inclined. The little quilts can be a whole piece of fabric, a pieced quilt, machine made, hand made, free motion quilted, stitch in ditch quilted, tied....any way you want to make them.

****ADDED INFO HERE***** Debbie sent me an e-mail about how truly excited she was that our board is making these quilts again for 2013. She has added a request or two for us:
~~~quote~~~
When they send the doll quilts, have them include a note with name, screen name and email---so I can let them know of arrival and send thank yous. Signing on the back of the quilts with the state or country too was a surprise that worked out great. The lady at Pendleton House was awestruck when she saw states like California, and Michigan on the back of them."~~~

The quilt does not have to have an official label but just a little note on the back like "Made from ______ with love". This can be done with pigma pens that don't wash out. Thanks!

SINCE I WON'T BE COLLECTING THE QUILTS FIRST, PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE QUILT & POST IT SO WE CAN SEE & ENJOY IT. EVERYONE LOVES SEEING WHAT WE ARE DOING.

Smile = Made & sent to Debbie

Alabama......Blue Skies7
Alaska......nancyc20
Arizona.....wiley
Arkansas.....NICUnurse
California.....Coco Cathy
Colorado.......nancyc20
Connecticut.....KC1930
Delaware
Florida.....cksvett
Georgia......wannaquilt2 & Downsouth
Hawaii
Idaho........Kay-lin
Illinois.....Quilter Chris
Indiana......mcpatches
Iowa.........Pwife
Kansas......wildcatmom
Kentucky....Fayejean & Downsouth
Louisiana
Maine.........KC1930 & quiltbea
Maryland......AngelaC & PatriciaAnne
Massachusetts.....Ely & Catwmn27
Michigan..........TcMay & sewlove2quilt
Minnesota.......chanlady22
Mississippi.....warmbuns
Missouri.....SavedSinnr & Precious
Montana.......STinMT
Nebraska
Nevada......wiley
New Hampshire.....quiltbea & Heartmania
New Jersey......gonesewin
New Mexico......Happy Erme
New York.........longjohn
New Zealand......Jane_Kiwi
North Carolina.....Heartmania
North Dakota.....Seeing Stars
Ohio.............aliquilts & shequilts - Smile
Oklahoma......Marion
Oregon.........Quilter Chris
Pennsylvania.....applebetty
Rhode Island.....Catwmn27
South Carolina.....dd quilts
South Dakota
Tennessee......shequilts - Smile
Texas....Will Quilt for Chocolte & Lisa-Tx(& daughters)
Utah
US Virgin Islands.....Karibbean Quilter - Smile
Vemont.....Catwmn27
Virginia.....Malou
Washington
West Virginia.....sprmom
Wisconsin......Jayardi & Sister Sue & Patty J
Wyoming.....Chlynn1129

***Picking a state at a later date:
nlk
City/Sandie
PatriciaAnne
tisme

Just bringing this forward for a refresher....

May
"In Michigan"
Dec 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
quiltbea
I was waiting for the Xmas rush of presents to be finished before mailing mine out for 2013.
I'll be mailing out mine next week after we dig ourselves out of this latest snowstorm.
Thanks for the addy NLK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltbea,

http://quiltbea.blogspot.com/

http://quiltbeagardens.blogspot.com/
Dec 28, 2012, 02:41 PM
Chlynn1129
I finished mine today. Will mail next week.

Dec 28, 2012, 06:22 PM
nlk
Thanks ladies for your help with the quilts.
Don't forget to let Debbie know that you are from this HGTV Board & what state you are representing. Wave

Nicki

Jan 21, 2013, 06:37 PM
Will Quilt for Chocolate
Bumping this up...

Rope Bowl Tutorial
Jan 21, 2013, 07:51 PM
Malou
I was working on my doll quilt today and was glad to see this thread on page 1 again! Thanks WQFC!
It should be finished soon and will take a picture then mail.
Jan 21, 2013, 09:01 PM
paus4quilts
City/Sandie was soooo enthusiastic about this last year, I thought I'd join in this time around. Since all my favorite states are taken, how 'bout I take Utah, it's only a stone's throw away from where I live anyway.

Kin I make one for Alaska, also? The state of my heart.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: paus4quilts,
Jan 21, 2013, 09:06 PM
paus4quilts
Don't see a spot for District of Columbia on the list; are we leaving them out? Puerto Rico isn't there either. That'd be a good one for City/Sandie and her bright, bright colors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: paus4quilts,
Jan 21, 2013, 10:07 PM
City/Sandie
..... OK ... give me Puerto Rico .... Smile
and if I failed to sign up - sign me up too Smile
I guess I just think I'm a permanent fixture ...

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Jan 21, 2013, 10:37 PM
Sue Stitches
Hmm..new to the site and the states I could claim allegiance to are CA, OR, and OK but you have folks there. Didn't check for Hawaii or Ohio. I would love to do a child's quilt as I have a great stash of fabric.
Jan 21, 2013, 11:19 PM
TcMay
Sue Stitches...There is no limit on how many people make quilts for each state...the Goal is to have all states represented. The more the merrier for the kids. So pick a couple states and start your stitching, we'd love to have you.

May
"In Michigan"
Jan 22, 2013, 12:13 AM
City/Sandie
... Sue it doesn't matter from whence ye hail .. it's all for the kids, lettingthen know someone somewhere made it Just For them ... it's addictive ... get your needle and rotary blade changed.

Wounded Warrior Project

Jan 22, 2013, 09:07 AM
KaylaQuilts
Very new to the site but every day I find new ways to participate with all of you in fun or thoughtful ways. This sounds like a great project for a great cause. I'd like to participate if it is not too late. I could represent Missouri, Arizona , Alaska or all 3 (grew up in Mo, currently live in AZ will retire to AK). Will send PM with my info

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-
Jan 22, 2013, 09:42 AM
nlk
WQFC, thanks so much for bumping this up to the top. I was going to do it last week-end & things got in the way.

I've updated the list on page 1 & added the most recent volunteers.

City/Sandie....yes, of course you signed up early & was going to wait until later to pick a state but now I have you down for Puerto Rico. Wink

Paus...I've got you down for Utah & Alaska & thanks!

KaylaQuilts....You have been assigned Missouri, Alaska & Arizona. Be careful..just mentioning a state will get you on the list...hehehe! Thanks so much for joining us on this. You can go to the link I posted on my initial post on page 1 and see what this project is all about.

SueStitches...welcome & thanks for the offer to make a quilt. Do you want to pick a state or would you like for me to assign one to you? You can pick a state that has already been selected. My thought behind the states was that our board would contribute at least 50 quilts for the project...in 2012 this board provided 126 little doll quilts.

Nicki

Jan 22, 2013, 09:58 AM
wannaquilt2
Pls. move me from GA to WA as Downsouth has graciously covered GA and I was born/raised in Washington. THX

"We are all here.....because we are not all there."
Jan 22, 2013, 10:05 AM
nlk
o.k. wannaquilt2, I've switched you around to WA & thanks!!!

Nicki

Jan 22, 2013, 05:14 PM
TcMay
Nicki...I have a request...can you bring your updated List to this page? Just go to it and click the Quote symbol(on your post) and move it forward..I like to see it and the guidelines without going all the way back.

May
"In Michigan"
Jan 22, 2013, 06:04 PM
nlk
quote:
I know it's early for 2013 but I had quite a lot of interest in the "Get Your Mrs Claus On" project already. Here's the link that lets you know how this project started & what it's all about (it's all about the children!)

http://stitchintherapy.blogspo...laus-on-project.html

A wonderful group of woodworkers in South Carolina have been making wooden toys, doll beds, strollers, etc. for needy children at Christmas time & they approached Debbie & said the doll beds needed little "blankets"...thus began the "Get Your Mrs Claus On Project". In 2012 our board was represented by gifting the children with over 126 doll quilts (representing each state in the USA). For 2013 I'm not limiting a state to only one person so if you want a state that has already been spoken for I will add you to that state. Also I'm bringing in any countries all over the world that you might want to represent. The little quilts will be mailed directly to Debbie in 2013 & I can supply you with her address. All I ask is that you let her know that you are from the HGTV Quilting Board so she will know where they are coming from and that you get them to her NO LATER than September 1, 2013. This will allow her to make plans to get any additional quilts made that she will need before the Christmas deadline. At this time I do not know how many the woodworkers will need for 2013.

She needs 2 sizes --- 12" x 18" for the cradles & 14" x 18" for the doll beds. You can pick which ever size you want to make...you can make more than one quilt if you are so inclined. The little quilts can be a whole piece of fabric, a pieced quilt, machine made, hand made, free motion quilted, stitch in ditch quilted, tied....any way you want to make them.

****ADDED INFO HERE***** Debbie sent me an e-mail about how truly excited she was that our board is making these quilts again for 2013. She has added a request or two for us:
~~~quote~~~
When they send the doll quilts, have them include a note with name, screen name and email---so I can let them know of arrival and send thank yous. Signing on the back of the quilts with the state or country too was a surprise that worked out great. The lady at Pendleton House was awestruck when she saw states like California, and Michigan on the back of them."~~~

The quilt does not have to have an official label but just a little note on the back like "Made from ______ with love". This can be done with pigma pens that don't wash out. Thanks!

SINCE I WON'T BE COLLECTING THE QUILTS FIRST, PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE QUILT & POST IT SO WE CAN SEE & ENJOY IT. EVERYONE LOVES SEEING WHAT WE ARE DOING.

Smile = Made & sent to Debbie & posted on her blog.

Alabama......Blue Skies7
Alaska......nancyc20 & Paus4Quilts & KaylaQuilts
Arizona.....wiley & KaylaQuilts
Arkansas.....NICUnurse
California.....Coco Cathy & Sue Stitches
Colorado.......nancyc20
Connecticut.....KC1930
Delaware...PatriciaAnn
District of Columbia...nlk
Florida.....cksvett
Georgia...... Downsouth
Hawaii ... jacky
Idaho........Kay-lin
Illinois.....Quilter Chris
Indiana......mcpatches
Iowa.........Pwife
Kansas......wildcatmom
Kentucky....Fayejean & Downsouth
Louisiana...nlk
Maine.........KC1930 & quiltbea
Maryland......AngelaC & PatriciaAnne
Massachusetts.....Ely & Catwmn27
Michigan..........TcMay & sewlove2quilt
Minnesota.......chanlady22 Smile
Mississippi.....warmbuns
Missouri.....SavedSinnr & Precious & KaylaQuilts
Montana.......STinMT
Nebraska...nlk
Nevada......wiley
New Hampshire.....quiltbea & Heartmania
New Jersey......gonesewin
New Mexico......Happy Erme
New York.........longjohn
New Zealand......Jane_Kiwi
North Carolina.....Heartmania
North Dakota.....Seeing Stars
Ohio.............aliquilts & shequilts - Smile
Oklahoma......Marion
Oregon.........Quilter Chris
Pennsylvania.....applebetty
Puerto Rico......City/Sandie
Rhode Island.....Catwmn27
South Carolina.....dd quilts Smile
South Dakota....longjohn
Tennessee......shequilts - Smile
Texas....Will Quilt for Chocolte & Lisa-Tx(& daughters) & nlk
Utah...Paus4Quilts
US Virgin Islands.....Karibbean Quilter - SmileVermont.....Catwmn27
Virginia.....Malou Smile
Washington...wannaquilt2
West Virginia.....sprmom
Wisconsin......Jayardi & Sister Sue Smile & Patty J...Smile
Wyoming.....Chlynn1129

tisme

Good idea May....here 'ya go.

Nicki

Jan 22, 2013, 07:17 PM
jacky
This is so easy and such a good cause!!I made mattress,pillow and quilt for DG's dolly bed.Please add me to list.I can do Hawaii,only place I'd LOVE to visit!!!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"
Jan 22, 2013, 07:46 PM
TcMay
Smile

May
"In Michigan"
Jan 22, 2013, 08:39 PM
Will Quilt for Chocolate
I'm posting this picture for Malou. She got her doll quilt done already! So cute!

Rope Bowl Tutorial
Jan 22, 2013, 08:40 PM
Will Quilt for Chocolate
And here's the label on the back...sometime that I would have forgotten!

Rope Bowl Tutorial
Jan 22, 2013, 08:51 PM
Sue Stitches
quote:

SueStitches...welcome & thanks for the offer to make a quilt. Do you want to pick a state or would you like for me to assign one to you? You can pick a state that has already been selected. My thought behind the states was that our board would contribute at least 50 quilts for the project...in 2012 this board provided 126 little doll quilts.

You can assign me if that's easiest to keep track. Thanks!
Jan 22, 2013, 09:42 PM
Malou
Thank WQFC for posting the pictures for me!
It was fun making that one. I have a couple other puppy pieces and hope to at least make one more. I'll be mailing to Debbie soon, Nicki.
Jan 22, 2013, 09:48 PM
nlk
Sue Stitches, I've signed you up for California & thanks again.

Malou, that little quilt is just darling. It just makes me smile every time I look at it. It sure will make a little girl happy. Thanks you so much for it.

jacky, I've got you signed up for Hawaii & thanks!

Nicki

Jan 22, 2013, 11:38 PM
longjohn
I see SD hasn't been spoken for. I've been there a few times and loved it. I'll take SD in addition to NY I've already signed up for. Could someone forward the mailing address to me? Thanks, Janet
Jan 23, 2013, 12:07 AM
Kentucky_Sunshine
OMG...well...ya know what...a certain silly redhead needs to finish unpacking a couple of suitcases containing fabric from her recent trip back to KY, because I have 2 doll quilts in there, I am surely a nut and was way to busy while I was on holiday, brought them to mail to save money on postage only to bring them back again...now if that don't take the cake! Will send them when I find them Nicki...sometimes I need a sticky note stuck to my forehead so that everytime I look in the mirror I am reminded of what I need to do!

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "
Jan 23, 2013, 01:15 AM
nancyc20
This is such a fun, wonderful project to do. I also learned new stitches and how to (finally) get good miters! Such a great bonus to bringing joy to little faces.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."
Jan 23, 2013, 07:19 AM
nlk
longjohn, The Mount Rushmore State is yours. I'll send you a pm with Debbie's address.

KS, that is too funny about you bringing those doll quilts all the way over here only to take them back again. Sounds like something I would have done. Wink

Nicki

Jan 23, 2013, 08:54 AM
Malou
KS, I laughed because I did a similar thing... carried something with me to give to my sister in VA to save postage... then brought it home with me!
It's so much fun seeing all the doll quilts and Nancy, you're right... I have learned something working on these small pieces.
Jan 24, 2013, 05:54 PM
patty j
Here are pictures of the doll quilts Sister Sue and I made. We had lots of fun working on them and they aren't hard to do. We'll get them in the mail by next week. Pat

http://www.passion4sewing.com
Jan 24, 2013, 05:56 PM
patty j
Here is the Winnie the Pooh quilt. We put labels on the back "from Wisconsin" Both the quilts are flannel.

http://www.passion4sewing.com
Jan 24, 2013, 06:04 PM
City/Sandie
...so cute, patty j you and Sue do some really nice things ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Jan 24, 2013, 08:36 PM
nlk
Ah, those two quilts are so cute. You can't beat butterflies & Winnie the Pooh to make a child happy. Thanks so much for making these. I sent you Debbie's address via a pm. Thanks!!!

Nicki

Jan 25, 2013, 02:28 PM
sister sue
Nicki and Sandy- Thanks for the compliments. We both enjoyed making them. Sue
Jan 25, 2013, 05:47 PM
paus4quilts
Those are really cute.

I volunteered for this and have no idea which way to go. I like the idea of 'recycling' left over blocks from other quilts but I like making something 'fresh'. Always decisions to be made around here.
Jan 25, 2013, 05:51 PM
Chlynn1129
Cute quilts everybody! I will get a picture of mine and hope to get it mailed this weekend.

Welcome to the HGTV boards Kayla! See what happens when you mention more than one state? LOL!!!

Jan 25, 2013, 06:39 PM
nlk
Hey Pause, how about one from left overs & one fresh? Wink

Nicki