Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Roommate needed for COF!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roommate needed for COF! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted
My roommate is not able to come to COF due to a family emergency, she canceled her reservation and tried to put it in my name and was told no rooms were available, does anyone haves space I could share? I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow at 8 to head down and will be leaving Sunday after retreat ends.

I don't smoke or snore.

Posts: 3231 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
My sister Angela and I would be happy to share with you. We have 2 queen size beds in our room and have no problem sharing a bed. Hope this works for you.

Posts: 483 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the offer! Chesapeake Jane offered me a space so I am all set. whew!

Posts: 3231 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
okey-dokey!

Posts: 4575 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Cr8tve I have worried about you all day. I am so glad you made connections for a place to stay.

I called last evening when I found out that I could not go. I cancelled the room in my name and asked her to put the reservation in Jacky's name. The girl on the phone was shocked. She cancelled my reservation first and 30 seconds later when she tried to put it under Jacky's name she said she couldn't because the room had already been taken. She said she had never seen a room go so fast. There must definitely be a room shortage going on up there.

Posts: 3608 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
WB, awhile back there were no rooms available for Saturday night as there are several other things going on in the hotel this weekend. So I imagine there is a waiting list that kicks in once there is a cancellation... Chris

Posts: 5864 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Warmbuns, I just got back from retreat - it all worked out, how about your family - is everything okay or going to be? Missed seeing you there.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
hugs to WB, I was so sorry I couldn't meet you. I hope all is better with your family.
L@ve and Hugs

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3535 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post