Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  The skirt my niece made...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The skirt my niece made... Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
One of the things my 11 yo niece wanted to do when she came to visit us was learn to sew. The other things were see her cousin, the Statue of Liberty & the shore.
Even though we lost the instructions (sometime after the pattern was cut out) we were able to make this! She did everything but the top stitching, facing and zipper.
She did an amazing job, didn't she!?!?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5145 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, she did! Even has pleating! Lovely young lady...

Posts: 3514 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Pleats?? No directions?? Dropped waist??
Congratulations. She did a great job.
Pat

Posts: 8159 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
She did a FANTASTIC job on that beautiful skirt. I wish I could have made that at age 11. Tell her to keep up the good work because it looks like she's found her niche. Congratulations!

Nicki

Posts: 8351 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... cute skirt .. prettygirl ... and check out those toenails .. she's a girly girl Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9134 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Wow!! another Sandra Betzina coming up. Great Job and she is good looking too! Yes Sandy I love the toe nails as well!!

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3065 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job! Hope she enjoys the other things on her list as well Smile

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1812 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
Very cute and a great job!

Posts: 480 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
A gorgeous skirt ... gorgeous girl as well. Its pretty obvious she has a life of sewing ahead!

Posts: 418 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very pretty, great job.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10151 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Great job!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9587 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2052 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
Great job & what a wonderful first sewing experience. Very cute.

Posts: 5324 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Great job!!! I remember the first thing I made in Home Ec class....a dress with inset pleats in a different color. Took the entire semester - unfortunately I grew during that time and it was already too small by the time it was done! (Grew 3 sizes that year Smile )

Posts: 6653 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
Great job! I hope she loves sewing!

Posts: 3629 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Adorable!!! I hope she continues to sew!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5878 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
great job and she is really pretty

Posts: 3060 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Good job, teach!

~karen Wave

Posts: 3269 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post