Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batiks Sign In/Join 
Picture of paus4quilts
posted
Since I don't have very many, hardly any, batiks would you please tell me if this is a good deal or not at Connecting Threads?

http://www.connectingthreads.c...ent=1--BatikSamplers

Posts: 5888 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me! Smile

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8412 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
I'd buy !!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8875 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
Although my experience with their batiks is over a year old, I found them to be way better than what JoAnn sells, but considerably thinner than LQS quality.

Posts: 500 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Yes. I love batiks and I've bought them from CT before. They have very high quality fabrics. I have been so tempted by their sales lately, but still in "use it up" mode and so far, am resisting.

Plus, isn't that flower fabric just adorable? I love it.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 3993 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I have a ton of Batiks but am thinking about buying multiple sizes of these it is really good quality fabric has a nice feel

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KG in CA
posted Hide Post
So, have there been any problems with their batik colors running?

Summers are just this side of hell, but you don't have to shovel sunshine...

Click on the left to show albums
http://s76.photobucket.com/use...brary/?sort=3&page=1

Posts: 7384 | Location: Highland, CA Zone 9b  | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any problems, I never pre-wash my fabric and have used their fabric in numerous projects. I do always check deep reds just because you know how reds can be Smile

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I LOVE CT batiks!!! Have lots of them... affordable, great quality, hold up well ... I haven't had any problems with colors running, and I did my DD's quilt all in CT batiks Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I've been very pleased with everything I've bought from Connecting Threads, just didn't know about the price. I did check against Fabric.com and their's is at least $2 more per yard.

Connecting Threads is always very tempting.

Posts: 5888 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I have bought their batik charm packs and 10" squares and was very pleased.

Smile

Posts: 5024 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
And we all know how easy it is to put together a $50 order so no shipping charge Smile

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I've purchased the batiks from CT in the past and have always liked what I got. I do wash batiks before using though - they are more apt to run so I just make it a habit to wash them before using them. Even the yellows - all brands/manufacturers - and the normal reds, purples, etc. Better to be safe than sorry.

Posts: 6442 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I love batiks. I generally stick to the major brands like Hoffman, etc. I have never had a batik that blend. True batiks are boiled to remove the resist and that process also remove the over dying which is what generally causes bleeding. (that and inferior dyes).
With that said, I have bought from CT and have been pleased with their products and service.

Posts: 3282 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have CT batiks that I like. Now trying not to buy their summer line since I need to save money...

Posts: 1633 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lumpy Tush
posted Hide Post
I have lots of CT batiks and have not had any problem with them bleeding.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post