Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew Sew Fun Mugrug Swap
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew Sew Fun Mugrug Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...NNNOOOOO NOOOOOOOO don't wait to open it - I hope you enjoy it ... get it open and use it .. it's what's it for .. besides, I have 2 right here I am using, one by my recliner where ikick back aand read or do handwork, one by my sewingmachine, ine in my carry-to-sewing bag to set my phone and cup and snack on .. I'm not short of them, I just LIKE making them and having them Smile .. oh and probably one in each of the fruit baskets on the table! I LOVE these things and have a dozen other people hooked on them Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9001 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Sue B - Your mugrug is winging it's way South.javascript:void(0)

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Shirley/ST in MT - I mailed today. I didn't do conf delivery because of the cost. I hope it arrives by Thurs/Friday (I forgot to ask).
You might recognize the packaging Smile

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3544 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
here's the mugrug I rec'd from Shirley/ST in MT.
Front

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3544 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
here's the back

posted Hide Post
Glad you like it. I enjoyed making it.

Posts: 530 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: Apr 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
my sister is on 5th Ave South; you guys could be neighbors. Small world, huh?

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
look what i got in the mail today from Kblue (Kelley) ty so much i LOVE IT!!!!!!

PATSY

Posts: 3440 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
other side. gosh Kelley it's too purty to use LOL Smile

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Patsy, I'm glad you like it! This was a fun swap!

Posts: 724 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
HappyErme, I saw a post from you the other day. Did you say binding? I was just getting ready to pick out my/your binding. Great minds really do think alike.LOL!

Posts: 4373 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I knew we had a mental connection. Mailed your Yesterday. The say it will arrive on thursday. Big Grin

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3123 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Gee there are so many pretty mug rugs. Such great ideas. Kudos, Ladies.

Posts: 5933 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Oh no, I missed this one as I've had a lot going on! Glad you all had fun.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2186 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received a cute mug rug from motqltr today. Love it. Photos to come.

Posts: 530 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: Apr 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
gorgeous mugrugs ladies

kayla I received mine today and I love it...your design was very cute and clever Smile thank you so much for the sweet letter and extra gift, yours is in the works, and will be mailed early next week, I've had so many things going on I've had to work on projects daily to get them done...if I only had 8 hands...and a four feet I could do double time, but then I might need 4 brains too...lol

I'll be back with a pic as soon as my camera charges...

Oh we were on the same brain waves with handwork Wink

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Trish, No worries, take what ever time you need I never mind waiting for something pretty. So happy you liked the mugrug I'm really having fun making these. There are so many fun things to join on this board I have to be careful that I don't get over committed.

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 708 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back with pics Smile look how darling this is,I just love it!

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and the back... Smile

Thanks again Kayla!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
that is soooo cute

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Wow, there have been so many creative and just plain darling mugrugs on this swap. Love them all. Nice work ladies!
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Oh Angela this rug is sooo cute!!! Thank you so much. Do you have a pic to post??? Just love the buttons....I do have pins that look like that.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2943 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
all of them are great!

Posts: 4915 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I agree they are all great.

Erma

Posts: 3123 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Sewnso, I'm glad you like it! Here's a pic...the fabric I used is the COF challenge fabric. I got an extra FQ as a prize, but am not allowed to use it in my challenge project. This seemed like the ideal time to use it Big Grin

Posts: 4582 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I have mine, was in the mailbox when I got home tonite. I just love it, wait until you see it. Gotta charge my camera so will post a picture in the morning.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
everyone did such a good job. this is a fun swap,

patsy

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Here is the front of my mugrug. I really had to laugh cuz it look's so like me--a few years ago. LOL!

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
For some reason I can't get the back of my mugrug to post. Will try again later unless my partner can post it.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Otay, I am determined to find the problem with my machine sooooo I bought some new footsies for my 'chine and hope to get them working over the weekend.

All the mugrugs for this month are sewwwww creative. Really good ideas and craftsmanship on them.

Posts: 5933 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
OK, picture of the back of my mugrug.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
That's perfect

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 708 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I can't believe how many times it took me to post this picture. But I did it.
I can remember when I used to look at everyone's pictures and wish I could do the same. Takes practice but with my DGD's help I'm I'm getting better.Big Grin

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Well Kentucky-sunshine, I took your advice and took my "corrupt" memory card to Wallieworld and they were able to print off it. So I have scanned the photo into my laptop and played with Paint, so let's see what we get.

Whoa! a pretty big photo is what we get! Sorry.
This is the one I sent to EvelynB.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltinana2,

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... it's a great picture and a darling mugrug .. yea ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9001 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to post photo of mug rug received from motqltr.

posted Hide Post
And the other side.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
All are so cute, great job everyone

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
PatV82 I just got my mug rug it is awesome. for this being your first one you did a great job. as for the size as long as it can fit a cup or glass and a small saucer.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1471 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
everything fits.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1471 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...that is really cute.. good job ... I admit though I am a bit envious .. I really like getting the ones from the newbies - they put so much heart into it - and since these aren't meant to be judged, I think those doing them for the first time are a bit more comfortable giving it a go. I hopoe more will step up and try it. It's funm, easy, a chance to be creative - and cheap - even mailing them is only a few dollars!

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Loving ALL the cute mug rugs that are being made/sent!! Big Grin

City/Sandie...I have your mugrug made...just need to sew the binding down! I'm not sure I'll have time b4 or after work tomorrow to get to the po BUT it WILL be in the mail on tues, k?

I can NOW go and open yours... Big Grin It was tough waiting but thought it wasn't fair opening yours when I hadn't made one for you yet!

Be right back...

OH! It is sew sew cute!! I LOVE it!! TY for the extras!! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6785 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quiltinana2:
Well Kentucky-sunshine, I took your advice and took my "corrupt" memory card to Wallieworld and they were able to print off it. So I have scanned the photo into my laptop and played with Paint, so let's see what we get.

Whoa! a pretty big photo is what we get! Sorry.
This is the one I sent to EvelynB.

So glad you were able to retrieve your pics, I was more concerned about your Easter pics Smile precious moments are priceless!

Great mugrugs ladies, Kayla yours is in the finishing stages and will go in the mail soon Smile I'm loving it,and will have to make myself one too...one of these days...lol

posted Hide Post
this was a great theme. so many cute designs and detail. fabrics are great!

Posts: 4915 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Its fun watching the rugs come in, such cute designs

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kentucky_Sunshine:

So glad you were able to retrieve your pics, I was more concerned about your Easter pics Smile precious moments are priceless!

I totally agree and that was the driving force to try Walmarts. I got copies of the Easter pics and ones from my 5 y/o DGD and 2 y/o DGS birthdays last month. Thanks again!

I love all these mugrugs! Cute fabrics used too. A fun theme on this swap.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltinana2,

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mandylifeboats:
this was a great theme. so many cute designs and detail. fabrics are great!

I total agree. Looking at all the different sewing related fabrics is awesome.
I can hardly wait until I get mine.

Erma

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Adorable mug rugs. After the Retreat I hope to do this again.

Posts: 9475 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
j beanier, i mailed yours the other day. when i mailed it, it was kinda wet. i had left it on my car seat and the window was open and it had rained inside the car, quite heavily. sooo i hope it comes through okay. it was damp when they put the stamp on.

Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
It has been fun looking at all the mugrugs that have already been mailed out---mine is done also, but I didn't get paired with anyone, so I guess I'll just keep it for myself!!!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1021 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post