Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew Sew Fun Mugrug Swap
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew Sew Fun Mugrug Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Hi Mandy,
I would like to play Smile That should make an even number.

Posts: 653 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Welcome AmyJo,PatV, and Army03wife! Hope you have fun with this swap and come back and join more.

Posts: 489 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem swapping internationals either Smile

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 708 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... I would do 2 and I'm up to an international also .. if we are still 'uneven' or off the US map, call me baby.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9001 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
ooh welcome fleur55.
thanks for the offers to swap. my swappers are the best!

Posts: 4915 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this particular swap certainly has a lot of interest! i did it on another board and people came up with some great ideas.

Posts: 4915 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
me, me, me.
After looking at up/down pics, I really felt left out. OK, it was my choice, I thought I was over-committed.
I can handle this before my s2t blocks arrive.
You should still have my info from the initial swap.
PS Welcome to the newbies, I was new in January.
I'm willing to do international too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motqltr,

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3546 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome! another swapper.

posted Hide Post
27 swappers so far. just one more day to sign up....

posted Hide Post
sign-ups closing tomorrow. fair warning.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
my mugrug is finished Smile

Posts: 3440 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
addresses have gone out, check your private messages

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mine is packaged and addressed to mail. Yeah!
Evelyn

Posts: 7041 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
My machine is at the doctors for it yearly cleaning and I won't get it back until next week. It is ready, but I can't pick it up before then. However, I have most of it done, just need to put some finishing touches on it.

So soon Angela soon.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2943 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine today. Hope you like it.
Evelyn

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, Evelyn! Is this April Fool's? lol First of the month and it's already on it's way! Gotta get moving on mine, lol. Will let you know when it arrives and I'm sure I'm going to love it, thanks!
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Hey Trish your mugrug is finished and ready to be mailed. I had hoped to already have it on its way but had to take DH to the ER Monday night and he was admitted to hospital so my days have been a blur. I will definitely mail it early next week hope you like it.

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 708 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
EvelynB - I received your lovely mugrug today. Thank you "sew" much - it's so cute! I'm tickled to death with it and the built-in pincushion. Do you have a photo to post? If not I will try to get one posted for everyone to see your great mugrug.

I worked on yours this weekend and mailed it off today. I hope you like it as much as I like yours!
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew what to make as soon as I saw the title. It is finished and was mailed today, motqltr be on the lookout.

Posts: 530 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: Apr 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Thank you.
I have yours abt 1/2 done. Need to figure out what to use on the side panel.
Hope to finish this week but will see

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3546 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Im so excited ... mailed mine yesterday Smile
Bring on the next swap Smile

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KaylaQuilts:
Hey Trish your mugrug is finished and ready to be mailed. I had hoped to already have it on its way but had to take DH to the ER Monday night and he was admitted to hospital so my days have been a blur. I will definitely mail it early next week hope you like it.

WOW, you are one speedy gal...I'm still pondering but have pulled out some fabrics Smile

Kayla

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
mailed Kelley saturday

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived! Thank you Patsy it is so cute! I love the themed fabric. I will post a picture later.

Posts: 724 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
glad u like, i have pictures to post, didn't want to do it till you got your mugrug

patsy

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
other side of mugrug

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
That is sooooo nice. Great fabric!!!!

Posts: 5933 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
That is so neat!

Posts: 4373 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Sewnso, I just got back from the PO. Mailed yours regular mail (not priority) so be on the lookout late this week or maybe early next week?

Posts: 4582 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..Sewlove2quilt ... Smile
... it goes in the mail in the morning ..
I padded it a little so it would NOT go thru the letter slot they measure with at the PO so I can get the tracking # .. that was a tip from the guy at the PO last time I mailed one Smile LOL

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9001 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Cute little package in my mail today from AmyJo. I"m still dawdling with mine but Amy was right on top of it.

She sent along a little, and I do mean little gift; a refrig magnet that must be all of 2 1/2" Very nice!!!!

Thank you, AmyJo.

I did a larger photo of Amy's mugrug because I'm hoping you can read the words the needles and thread have written on the backing fabric. It's really cute.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Awwww, it didn't work but the needles 'stitched' the names of tools and activities you would use in sewing.

Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Yay, you got it ! Isnt that fabric cute, I think its Debbie Mumm, I knew I was gonna use it as soon as I signed up.

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Very creative and so cute

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Trish your mugrug went in the mail today this is my first time sending anything internatinally so I just hope I did everything correct since I printed my postage myself. Please let me know when you recieve it. By the way I just realized that I forgot to take pictures so hope you can when you recieve it.

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I got mine from Joan today. I love the fabric and your piecing is beautiful. But I'm in awe of your hand quilting! What a dear you are to share your talent! It looks like you used variegated thread? I've never seen handquilting done with that thread and it's wonderful. Makes your eye really travel across the stitches. I was so surprised to also see some apple cider as well as tea bags! How generous! Thank you so much, Joan. I'm not going to let my DH near this one.

posted Hide Post
darling mugrugs ladies Smile

thanks for the heads up Kayla, it usually takes about 9 days to get here, so we'll see Smile I'll be happ topost a pic when it arrivesSmile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
AnyJo, isn't it funny about our fabrics? It seems we all have a sewing fabric in our stash somewhere and this swap was able to bring it out. I do like your fabric.

I'm in my Patriotic show mode right now so everything I see with RWB makes it come out more. Opened your package first and there was alllll this red, blue and tan and I started chuckling. Then I opened my package from Wiley and it was RWB!!! Chuckled all the harder.

This swap has been so much fun, honestly. Been very frustrating because of my machine but it has been fun.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
ST in MT: Rec'd today; love it!!! Will take a pic and post tomorrow or so.
I haven't worked on yours this week because I've had evening meetings. Today I haven't felt so good, so resting my shoulder and veging.
I think I know how I want to border the block, but still sorting out ideas. I found this really cool sewing panel and want to incorporate it in the front. Yours might be a little bigger than 6x8.

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I am almost finished I just need to hand sew the binding. I hope to have it in the mail tomorrow.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3123 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EvelynB:
I got mine from Joan today. I love the fabric and your piecing is beautiful. But I'm in awe of your hand quilting! What a dear you are to share your talent! It looks like you used variegated thread? I've never seen handquilting done with that thread and it's wonderful. Makes your eye really travel across the stitches. I was so surprised to also see some apple cider as well as tea bags! How generous! Thank you so much, Joan. I'm not going to let my DH near this one.

Glad you liked it Evelyn! Yes, I used variegated thread. In fact, I think I have used that same thread on all my swap mugrugs! Are you adept at posting photos? My laptop's reader/driver thingy has decided to not work (my son says it's common on laptops) and I would have to fire up my old desktop and it doesn't have Paint on it to resize photos. i want to show everyone the lovely mugrug/pincushion you made for me.
Joan

Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Patsy, thanks for posting the pictures. I was just getting ready to and saw you beat me to it. Yours is ready, I hope to make it to the post office today or tomorrow. I will let you know as soon as I mail.

Posts: 724 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
ty kelley, can't wait to get it

patsy

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Evelyn - I had the inspiration to plug my memory card into my printer and try to download my photos that way. But the computer had other ideas and told me that all the photos on my card (both GK's birthdays last month, Easter and the mugrugs) are corrupt! They apparently have been having a little party in my camera, lol! I will now have to go buy a new memory card and try again. But I won't be able to retake the family photos I took at Easter and I won't be able to take one of mine. Grr..technology!

Ok, I found another SD card, retook the photo, resized it, so cross my fingers..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltinana2,

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Yeay, it worked...phew!

Thank you EvelynB for such a cute mugrug. The workmanship is wonderful and her corners are mitered! My corners were so wonky I'm embarrassed to claim them. Love the built-in pincushion too. The backing is a black and white musical print. The whole thing is "sew" nice.
Joan

posted Hide Post
that is the cutest mugrug...love it Smile

Quilitnana2 try taking that memory card to the store and looking at or printing your pictures there...mine wouldn't work on my computer once,but when I tried it at Kmart they all showed up there Smile So hoping the same will be true for you and you'll be able to keep your Easter photos.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Very cute

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

posted Hide Post
will be mailing jbeanier's mugrug out this week.

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kentucky_Sunshine:
Quilitnana2 try taking that memory card to the store and looking at or printing your pictures there...mine wouldn't work on my computer once,but when I tried it at Kmart they all showed up there Smile So hoping the same will be true for you and you'll be able to keep your Easter photos.

Thanks for the tip. Will try that next time I'm in town.

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
City/Sandie, I rec'd your envelope on sat but i'm not opening it until I have yours mailed! Hope to work on it in the next couple of days!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6785 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post