Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew Sew Fun Mugrug Swap
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew Sew Fun Mugrug Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
i am hosting a new mugrug swap. what is a mugrug? a mugrug is bigger than a coaster, much smaller than a placemat, big enough for a cup and a treat. here are some links to get u started. lots of tutorials if u scroll on down. mine usually measure 6 x 9", give or take

www.twomoreseconds.com/p/mug-rug-madness.html
http://pinterest.com/wandans/mug-rugs-luv-em/

here are the details:

THEME: Anything to do with sewing or quilting. think how cute this would be sitting next to your sewing machine!

MAIL BY: April 30
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: One. I will pair you with a partner.

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.
------
paus4quilts will swap with AmyJo
KentuckySunshine will swap with KaylaQuilts
Bunnybcb will swap with PatriciaAnne
AngelaC will swap with sewnso
mandylifeboats will swap with jbeanier
EvelynB will swap with Quiltinana2
sewlove2quilt will swap with City/Sandie
wiley will swap with HappyErne
emb115724 will swap with amy03wife
Shishie1 will swap with GiGi856
STinMT will swap with motqltr
KBlue will swap with califgal
SueB will swap with PatV82

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 4896 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I'm in, you're on!!!! And I already have the fabric and the idea!!!!!

Posts: 5892 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I'm in again, have to put on my thinking cap for this one

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I think I'll take it on again. Sign me up. Already have an idea.

Posts: 481 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Ok, me too!

Posts: 4574 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Me, too. Have an idea I want to use. Yeah!

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
OH! I can't miss out on this 1....wanted in on the 'oh my stars' but time got away from me and I forgot to sign up!

So SIGN ME UP!! Do you need my info??

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Well, why not!!!!!

Posts: 4365 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
ok sure Im in sounds easyer than up and down lol
Edna

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 865 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
I'm on the fence for this one....giving it more thought.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2931 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Bought the perfect fabric today. Yeah!

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i'm on the fence too cause i have no idea what to make Frown

patsy

Posts: 3410 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Patsy, jump OFF that fence right now, gf!! Put your 'thinking cap' on cause I know you'll be sorry IF you miss out on this swap!! I'd happily have ya for a partner!! Big Grin

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would really like to be in on this one!

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking on this one, it's been a while...I have a couple ideas...but not sure...I still have 2 BOM's due before the end of the month Razz

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
think about sewing supplies: spools, machines, seam rippers, rotary cutters, thread, needles.

Posts: 4896 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
oh what the heck...sign me up I've got a month and a half to finish it. Sure......

Posts: 2931 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
ME PLEASE

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1459 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... Hi ... I'd like to play again ...

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8990 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to do this one, please sign me up.

Posts: 530 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: Apr 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GiGi856
posted Hide Post
Me too! I want to sign up!!!!

Posts: 205 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GiGi856
posted Hide Post
LOL My avatar looks like it had too much coffee!!!

Posts: 205 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up.

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
LOL My avatar looks like it had too much coffee!!!
where do you get the ones that move there so darn cute??

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 865 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Sign me up! I want to do this again, these are sew much fun. I already have the fabric!

Posts: 1678 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
I would like to do this one too!!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 33 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
ok Lynne gf ya talked me into it. i'm in, i have no clue what i'm gonna do but with a whole month to think about i just have to come up with something.

Patsy

P.S. i'd be partners with you anytime, anywhere luv ya gf!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I had fun with the Up and Down Mugrug but need to get ready for COF 2013. I am way behind with EVERYTHING!

Posts: 9458 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking the other day (ouch be careful!) that one would be good beside my sewing machine. Sign me up please!
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun, count me in please.

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
found some great fabric for this mugrug. starting working on mine this afternoon. should be done in a day or 2.

patsy

Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
Is this the mug rug swap you are looking for?

TerryOH

Posts: 2370 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...yes, thank you ...where was it hiding?

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8990 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
I don't know where it was hiding. All I did was search.for.sew.funug rug and it popped up

TerryOH

Posts: 2370 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Okay, that link to Pinterest did it for me. I'm a newbie to mugrugs so go gentle with me. Smile

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 417 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Pat, this is about the easiest swap you'll come across. No rules, no restrictions. Just whatever you're little heart and mind can come up with for the theme. You'll enjoy it.

Picture of army03wife
posted Hide Post
I'm in! I made a few for my co-workers and they love them. Will PM my info

Posts: 469 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KBlue, need address please.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know where it was hiding. All I did was search.for.sew.funug rug and it popped up

TerryOH: I just reread your post and I have no idea how you found the thread if what's in your post is what you did. lolllll

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
TTT

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I want to do one too. Big Grin

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3118 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I think I need to start doing some serious thinking on this one! Usually, these themed mug rugs just evolve. I start with an idea and it grows from there. This time I have NOTHING!!!!

Time to get the magazines and books out to see what has been patiently waiting for me to try. It's times like this that it's good I hate to throw anything away!

Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I was alittle hesitant to sign up, but I have no idea why. I started and finished my mugrug yesterday. Pulled out all my sewing theme fabric, browsed my machine embroider designs and paired the two.
Mandylifeboats, can I post a photo of my finished mugrug here even though I don't know yet who I am mailing it too?

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 417 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Pat, you gotta wait until names are drawn and generally we wait until the recipient gets it.

You jumped right on that, didn't you? Good for you.

posted Hide Post
no pat, u have to wait. Smile

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
please sign me up to mandy Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Welcome new swappers, theses are really fun hope you enjoy making and receiving as much as I have Smile

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if i have an uneven amount of swappers, would anyone be interested in swapping two?

also is anyone interested in swapping internationally as we have a swapper from Australia? p.s. she is extremely talented. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
sue i have enough fabric to swap for 2 peeps and i don't mind swapping with someone from Australia. that wouldn't be Kentucky Sunshine would it? LOL

patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,