Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew & Tell 1-17-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew & Tell 1-17-14 Sign In/Join 
posted
Sew & Tell is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you 've finished, what you're working on- we'll cheer you on!

Not much going on here. Some crocheting of snowflakes, some reading.

How about you? Who is sewing?

Holly

Posts: 2991 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I've been doing some reading too. But I am having so much fun making these little wallets. They are perfect for holding a gift card and credit cards when just running out for minute. Great way to use leftover fabrics.

Posts: 8072 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Patty, Those are cute wallets. I've been wanting to make me one - it's on my mile long list of things to make!

Posts: 747 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
DH bought my DD a Coach wallet. She returned it because she prefers the soft fabric wallet. It goes into her running pants and won't fall out. Leather wallets are too large and slippery.

Posts: 7362 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
The wallet with the fishing lures is for DH. He is going to use it to keep credit cards separated so they don't demagnetize, also for our room keys on our cruise. Small enough to hold what we need. These are so much fun to make. I made one for a wedding shower just the other day and the bride to be loved it.

Posts: 8072 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the snowflakes I've made so far.

Posts: 2991 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I have been working on my DS's quilt. I ran out of the white material and could not find any more of it so had to change to a differnt white pattern. I will use a white that is a little off white for the borders. I also ran out of the dark blue so I will not use it in the borders. I have lots of the teal and can get more of it if I need to.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3539 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Beautiful quilt Handie, and the snowflakes are soooo cute. The wallets are just precious.

No sewing here. I was supposed to go cross stitch today with my cross stitch group butttt.......... I got ready to go this morning and went to get some Chicken out of the freezer. Got a new crock pot recipe where you use frozen chicken. Guess what???? My chicken was not frozen. In fact nothing in my entire freezer was frozen. I spent all day cooking off what was still almost frozen and throw out all that was completely thawed. What a mess and what a job. Thank goodness that I caught it as early as I did and all that freezer full of food could have been rotten!!!!!!

We thought the freezer had just taken out but it is only two years old. DH did some investigating and the knob on the end of the freezer had been turned to the OFF position.

I kept my 18 month old grandson yesterday and he will sit for hours and take the top off an empty water bottle and put it back on. He loves knobs so I am sure that this particular knob caught his fancy and he felt like he just had to turn it.

Maybe next week I will have something to show.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Cute snowflakes, really like the little card purses, will have to look up that pattern. Like the teal, blue, white quilt. Uh Uh -- not good on the freezer luckily you caught it as soon as you did.

Got April blocks done for Sunshine Quilters, and started a new lap quilt for Caring Quilters. It's been quiet in the sewing room.

Posts: 8082 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Dang, Bunsie. That coulda been horrific! Bad enough as it was. Guess its time to find other things for little hands to do. Can you lock that door so he can't get in there?

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6591 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Patty, where can I get that pattern, love those little wallets. Handie, I'm really loving your DS's quilt, so pretty. Those little snow flakes are so cute, I've never tried making any of those. Wow, Warm Buns, you sure had a busy day, with lots of cooking. Sure glad you discovered it when you did, just think, if you hadn't wanted anything out of the freezer until the next day what a mess you would have had.

Haven't done much this week, can't seem to get myself in gear.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I got the pattern at the local quilt shop, it was only 3.50 so that was a good price, I've gotten more fun out of it than what I spent. She said I got the last one. Frown
It is called the "Little Wallet" Sewing Cards by Valori Wells. Website is : www.stitchinpost.com You can check it out.

Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pat, I went to the site and found the pattern but the shipping is $6.00, so I'll think about it a while. It probably would be worth paying $9.00 if I make several of these for gifts.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I made this for my daughter. She is tall and can never find straps that are long enough. She found a picture of one she liked. I didn't have a pattern, just used basic bag making techniques

Becky's Purse

Posts: 747 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Oh Buns...Aren't grands GRAND?!

I've been back at the hand quilting frame. Big Grin

Posts: 17071 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Pat, I found it at Pink Chalk Fabrics for $5,95 and ordered it. Can't wait to make some.

Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
I love quilting up double fleece quits. In fact, I do a ton of them.

Made this one for DD#2.

Posts: 6790 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Bunny, Those little wallets are like potato chips: you can't just make one. Have fun. It hardly takes any fabric. Small amt. of stabilizer. I'm already planning the colors I want for the 4 of them I'm making for Thurs.
Nice projects everyone Bet that double layered fleece is warm, Below zero again tomorrow here, a good day for sewing.
Pat

posted Hide Post
Niece wanted a Janet Jackson Quilt done for Christmas. Face done out of thread

Janet Jackson

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished the burp rags, bibs and washcloths. My first grandchild--a girl--is due Jan. 31st.

Had been trying to post last week and couldn't get it on. Seems my computer can be moody with pictures.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LanaR,

Posts: 658 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Wow, that sure is a wonderful thread painting, Looks like Janet Jackson.
Lana, that is a lot of burb cloths, what nice bibs the new baby will have. Good thoughts for baby and mom.

Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
Aretha, would like to hear more from you on the thread technique for the face. Great job. Welcome to the board!

Devonne

Posts: 14982 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Aretha!! Wow, what wonderful threadwork.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6591 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Hi Aretha,
Welcome! I'm glad you found us. Your threadwork is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Kim/SeeingStars

Posts: 3595 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Nice projects everyone. The Janet Jackson quilt is really beautiful. Have you thought about entering in a competition? All your family members are lucky to have a quilter in their midst!

amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I've been to the IQS in Houston, I've been amazed at the thread art. ArethaH - Your quilt should be in shows!

Posts: 17071 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I have another finish. Top number 2 this year. Eek

When I went to put my fabrics away I found more blocks like the first one. Forgot I had them Roll Eyes. I still wasn't in the mood to work on the one I should be doing. So, what the heII, I wanted to play. Decided to change it up a bit. Need to get backings and figure out how to quilt them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jayardi,

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9705 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I just finish doing Bette Davis and want to enter it in the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival here in VA next month. Trying to work out the puking, then I will post a pic of it here.

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying to work out the puking,

I realize it's so easy to make typos here... and I can usually figure out what the person really is saying, but this one threw me for a loop. ?????????????????

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2233 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Puckering?

Posts: 987 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
A real mixture of lovely projectsSmile

My DD is becoming an Australian citizen on Sunday [Australia Day] and in recognition of that giant step I made her a wall hanging which I will put in the post today.

Posts: 387 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bette Davis wall hanging done. She one of my favorite actress

Bette

posted Hide Post