Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Ts and Ps for Papa please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ts and Ps for Papa please Sign In/Join 
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted
You really helped him through his colon cancer last fall. He had a heart attack a week ago and is back home today but not doing well. He looks 96 and the docs say he may never recover. Call me an ostrich but I hope he can.

Posts: 755 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Heartfelt hugs and prayers for recovery. That's where we are too. Those dear old guys are tough!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8616 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Certainly hoping for the best! Sending T's and P's.

Hugs,

Posts: 4633 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(((hugs))) love and good thoughts to you and your family

Posts: 3449 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Yep, hang in there! P & Positive thoughts!

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Try to stay positive, hugs, good thoughts and prayers being sent

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 754 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Praying for healing and comfort and peace.

Posts: 4046 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
There are miracles everyday. Thoughts and pra*yers are with you and your Dad.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2312 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ts and Ps for your Dad and for you.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6257 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I'll do it! Hoping every day gets better!

Posts: 4976 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about you dad.
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Got your pm - sorry to hear about your Dad, hope it all works out.

Posts: 2842 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Ts and Ps for you all.

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4587 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You tell Pops we're all praying for a full recovery....he's not alone.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10054 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be praying. Keep your positive outlook and that will rub off on Dad. Sending hugs for both of you.

Posts: 2297 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5793 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Sending you big Group Hug and lots of T's & P's.

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Keeping you in my prayers.

piney

Posts: 3177 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is in my prayers also!

Posts: 657 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
You & your dad will be in my prayers. I hope he regains strengh soon & will be praying for the doctors who are watching over him.

Nicki

Posts: 8120 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Thanks you all. Haven't heard him say his standard response to asking how he is ("never better, never had it so good") for a long time. We are flying his very beloved niece down from OR for a few days on Monday. Hoping she can cheer him up a bit.

Posts: 755 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your father's response reminds me of one of my grandfather's responses. He was never one to complain. Prayers from our prayer group for you and your whole family.

Posts: 159 | Location: Lombard, IL USA | Registered: Sep 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16919 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking of you and hope he is improving.

Posts: 3177 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Oh, my, t&p's

Posts: 15304 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
It looks very bleak. He is on hospice as of today and everyone says he will be gone very soon. I can't accept it or believe it. He's such a good man.

Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Sending you hugs, I'm sorry to read this.