Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Row Robin Exchange - 2nd mailing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Row Robin Exchange - 2nd mailing Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
SECOND MAILING

RN55 - Smile
Quilter Jen - Smile
Gonesewin - Smile
NICUNurse - Smile

alexemmarose - Smile
JLu - Smile
Evelyn B - Smile
Gonesewin (Sue B) - Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5147 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Does this mean we can mail early???

Posts: 7492 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm ready.

posted Hide Post
I mailed mine since I was at the post office. The guidelines said mail on time or early. If that is not still the case, I won't mail early next time.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jen. When I read on "the designated mailing day" I assumed it wasn't supposed to be mailed early. I've been waiting over a month for this date. Yeah! I have three other packages to mail out too.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
mailed! tracking: 9114901230801553306298

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Yes, early is ok - but not TOO early please. No more than a couple of weeks or people start misplacing things and getting confused...

I got RN55's from Jen and am working on it!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5147 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
i just received Evelyln's package w/ her's and JLu's rows -- O My Goodness! WOW. I have no idea how I will ever come up with or do as well as something so nice!

Jlu - are you wanting to keep to NYC or is it just ANY city?

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I was trying to stick with the New York theme but, I'm pretty easy. Whatever you can come up with. I'm going to love it.

Mailed Alexemmarose rows to Evelyn today. Should be there on the 28th.

J Lu

Posts: 1097 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
No problem, just making sure! I have an idea that I am trying to make work Wink

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I just got Colleen's rows from JLu.Looks like it'll be fun.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
What you got them already I think I just mailed them yesterday

J Lu

Posts: 1097 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
I haven't received mine yet. Just wanted to let you know.

PamSmile

Posts: 5878 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Pam, if you haven't received the 2nd mailing, that's ok. It isn't due to be mailed until Aug. 1

posted Hide Post
Working on gonesewin's row of lovely greens...looking like I may be a couple of days late in mailing...we will see how tonight and tomorrow go...

Posts: 3514 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
No rush take your time

J Lu

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
I thought we had to mail by July 15th. I'm confused!

Pam

Posts: 5878 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Check your PMs, it should say:

Mail Dates for the rows will be:

June 15th (Your starter row)
August 1st
September 15th
November 1st

posted Hide Post
Decided on my blocks, but no time to work on this-- spent about 30 hours the last few days preparing for interviews, interviewing, filling out reams of paperwork (we really need national teaching credentials!), but I *think* I have a job if my paperwork is processed quickly enough. So going to try to the next set of blocks this weekend since school starts for teachers on August 12.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good day today...have my row almost done...yea!

Posts: 3514 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Good luck Jen. Yay Alex!

J Lu

posted Hide Post
JLu....just mailed Gonesewin's to you!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
RN55 & NICUNurse -- have you mailed?

alexemmarose do you have any rows to work on or to mail?

I will get Quilter Jen's out to Pam on Monday...

posted Hide Post
Pulled fabrics during a lunch break. Hoping to have my blocks done tomorrow afternoon. Starting work again after being unemployed for a year, and teachers have little free time Smile so want to get this done. Off to go tile the bathroom- too hot to go outside and finish fencing.

posted Hide Post
Yes, I have Evelyn's rows to work on. I worked ahead and have them complete so am ready for the next mailing in Sept.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ok, and I just sent Quilter Jen's off to NICUNurse. It should be there in a couple of days Smile

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Just recieved Gonesewin's rows. Interesting.

J Lu

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
interesting? What does THAT mean??? :0

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I am sorry I am confused, I never received the mailing until July 23rd and left for vacation on july 25th, I thought I had till August 15th I am so sorry I will get right on it and get it done. I cannot apologize enough. I will try and get it mailed out by the weekend, but I am really busy at work with being off a week and half. I will try my best again I am so sorry for misunderstanding. I did mail my other on July 15th i believe. RN55

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting us know Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
ok. It looks like everyones rows are in route or received. NICUNurse is waiting on Quilter Jen's and I am waiting on RN55's.

Please everyone - wait to mail until at least Sept 8. When they get mailed out too early people start getting confused and then things get messy. When you do mail, remember to post that you did and when you receive rows, please let us know that you got them.

THANKS!!!

posted Hide Post
I am really confused. Tracking # was 9405903699300222486894 and it says it was delivered July 21st? I just assumed you got it, and between job interviews, etc. I haven't been online as much. Let me know what I need to do to follow up on this. It is weird you didn't get it.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Guess What!? I found it. I am sorry. I am in the process in moving my sewing room and I had it hidden safely away. But i do have it Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Glad you found it! If not, I was going to ask the post office tomorrow Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
yeah, and it's been done for weeks too! Sometimes I think I am losing it and then I go and prove it to myself that I am!

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Lori I got my package the afternoon you called me! Gosh that was a fast pony!!
Thinking about what I want to do for the next row.

PamSmile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I did get your message but I forgot to call you back - so sorry Frown

I am glad you received it! Whatever you do, I am sure it will be great Big Grin

posted Hide Post
hey Lori, when you get ready to mail the next mailing in Sept, please use my home address...will be leaving Colorado Sept. 10 and don't want to miss it! Thanks. If you need my home address again just let me know.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Alex in Alexandria? I've got it!

posted Hide Post

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I pulled fabrics for Alexemmarose's basket blocks today. I spent a lot of time hunting for dark Amish like fabrics. My stash is mostly brights but think I finally found some. The pattern you copied is not a good choice for a 9 inch block. It's hard to convert 5 squares on a row to 9 1/2". You need a block with 6 rows to make it more accurate using a ruler. You can draw it with EQ7 as a 10 inch block and print templates for 9 inch blocks. Much easier than measuring 2 3/10" squares.

use

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem

J Lu

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have EQ7!

posted Hide Post
Thank you Evelyn. I simply sent the pattern along since it was what I used. I am very happy with blocks ranging from 8" to 10" and I will work them all in. It is true that I am an art quilter and making these things exact is difficult for me although on everyone's rows coming to me I am making it all to measure exactly. Thank you all for tolerating me during my time of learning.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
i am so impressed by art quilters. You can do things I can never do. I'm a math teacher and after so many years of teaching trigonometry I want to be precise. I have to force myself to ever try anything imaginative. I am excited to see how you'll set these together.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons that this is a "row robin" and not a "round robin". Everyone quilts differently. Some have better math or quilting skills, rulers are not identical and make for different sized blocks, we don't even have to make square blocks - just as long as the row is the desired length it is all good!

I am looking forward to seeing the finished results. I think I'll have a prize for getting the rows into a finished product? What do you all think?

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
The best part about the blocks that Alex choose is the black background will bring them all together. I think it is going to be very dramatic. As will your greens Lori. I had fun with both. I think all of them are going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see mine anyway.

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oh I like prizes!

J Lu

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I finished the basket blocks for Alexemmarose. I'm putting them in the mail to Lori tomorrow because I'm leaving town again Friday. These are going to make a gorgeous, interesting quilt.