Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  SunShine Quilters - April-May 2013
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SunShine Quilters - April-May 2013 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Elainetoo
posted
KC1930 is the hostess for April.

Terrimae is the hostess for May.

Let's help them out with their charitable projects.
===========
Welcome to the Sunshine Quilters - our Website is listed at the bottom of this note. Our mission is to bring SunShine into the life of our receivers.

Each member is asked to make one or more blocks for the assigned hostess each month. The hostess then assembles and donates quilts to the charity of their choice.
(Anyone on the forum can make blocks for a monthly hostess. If you're not on the member list and don't have the hostess' address, PM her and let her know you'd like to help by sending blocks.)

Blocks are to be sent to the hostess around the 1st of their month. If late, please post here with your intentions to send later. If you can't make a block that month, that's ok, sometimes life is too busy. Post on the monthly thread and perhaps someone can send extra blocks to the hostess that month.

The required monthly blocks are listed in the blog below.

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...632/m/5493962567/p/1

SunShine Quilters:
http://quilterssunshine.blogspot.com

SunShine Photos:
http://s1282.photobucket.com/a...40/SunshineQuilters/

My Quilts: http://s184.beta.photobucket.c...r/elainetoo/library/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 7981 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Here's what FayeJean has received so far (at least that posted pictures on the Jan thread).

Let's help her out for February.

I've been working on year blocks, got a couple more months done. Today think I'll start laying out the Jan blocks received and see how many are needed to get a QoV done with them.

Posts: 7981 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I have received lovely blocks from Terrimae and Charmingsister. I will post pictures of the finished quilts. Thanks everyone.

Posts: 505 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting of blocks arrival. We're always a bit nervous until we see they found their way. Smile

Posts: 1822 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
elainetoo, I made it to the PO today!

Posts: 4364 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Question for KC1930...when you say to send the leftovers triangles...do you want them sewn into "bonus HST" or loose?

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wiley:
elainetoo, I made it to the PO today!

Great Thanks. I bought some FQ's today so I had different fabric to use for the rest of the blocks and bought a wide backing with 50 percent off. Now have to make the few blocks needed and decide on sashing.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
ttt..

AngelaC, don't know if KC got to you separately on your question.. just send the triangles loosely. I believe she mixes and matches.

I only have 3 more months blocks to do and have all the blocks for Jan sewn together. Have to measure for size for QoV and maybe add a border.

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Thanks Elaine Smile

Posts: 4570 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
I have been sewing ahead this year...and have a question on the August block. Does anyone know what color we're supposed to use for the center? In the instruction photo it looks brown-ish.

Posts: 1822 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terrimae:
I have been sewing ahead this year...and have a question on the August block. Does anyone know what color we're supposed to use for the center? In the instruction photo it looks brown-ish.

Good question.. I looks shades of gold to me. Hopefully sewlove2quilt will be along shortly to answer. And I'll put that on the page.

This is one of the months I haven't done yet.. not sure if I'm going to have the fabric to do any. But will try.

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I have received three lovely blocks from Ajne.
Thank your very much.

Posts: 505 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elainetoo
Do you still need blocks? I have four ready and will send if so.

Posts: 14 | Location: MN | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by second sister:
Elainetoo
Do you still need blocks? I have four ready and will send if so.

Yes, thank you. I can use them in another amaller quilt for the local vets home. Have put together the 1st quilt for QoV.

posted Hide Post
O.K., I'll get them in the mail.

Posts: 14 | Location: MN | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been off this board for awhile, how to I get the addrss of the host?

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:

Send me a PM with your email address, full name and address - I'll add you to the member list and forward the list of hostess addresses for this year.

posted Hide Post
quote:

O.K., I don't really know how to do that and don't want to break any rules. Thanks for your help.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I'll send you a personal message (PM) -you should see a tab at the top of the forum that says "New PM".. click on that, then click on my message to you and reply.

Thanks.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Welcome "second sister" to our group. Thanks for joining and supporting the monthly hostess' with their projects.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
How are we doing? Anyone getting blocks done for FayeJean?

Picture of MTfarmer
posted Hide Post
On top of my to do now -- will cut today. Cindy

Posts: 290 | Location: Bloomfield, MT | Registered: Aug 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
I started pulling fabrics for March and forward. I hope to get to some in the next few days.

I hope Fayejean gets enough blocks. That was a fun one to do. That is a bonus we get from helping out, we get to try some blocks we might not otherwise do.

Posts: 2565 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Sorry, crazy at work so I haven't been on the boards that much.

If you have any loose triangles from the Louisana blocks, you can send them loose. Thanks for asking!

I need to sew my February blocks tonight! Mom had me scraping glue off the walls after she removed the wallpaper. Ugh!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Do you prefer them loose? I'm in the habit of sewing the second line before cutting so usually do it without thinking. But if you want them loose, I'll send them that way in the future.

Posts: 6472 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Hey, I' ll take em' any way you want to give them to me, lol!

My Feb blocks are done and will go out in the mail tomorrow!

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I have received beautiful blocks from KC snd Aliquilt. Thank you.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
My latest blocks, one for FayeJean (Feb.) and one for (May)terriemae.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wiley,

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
second sister .. received your January blocks today. Thank you. Will post a picture later.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Hope FayeJean is getting more blocks.

I have Aliquits for March packaged and ready to go to the Post Office this week.

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I haven't done any sewing in two weeks. I will try to get my March blocks done today as I have family coming from the UK Saturday and "me" time will be limited. Maybe I have some orphan blocks that lurking somewhere that will fill the bill.
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Quiltinana2 .. life has a way of getting in the way of our sewing pleasure. Whatever you may be able to do is always appreciated.

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I made three identical sets for Aliquilt, QuilterChris and jmauk.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KC1930,

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
The last couple of days, I've been working on Mar blocks. Have 2 made...here's the 1st 1...

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6780 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
...and the 2nd!

Hope to get them in the mail mon or tues!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6780 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Glad to see some blocks being done.

Know that I'm way behind in updating our photo album. Hope to get to that later this week. So, if you have any completed quilts, make sure to send me pictures to get uploaded. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Fayejean, I received your squishie and beautiful blocks Friday. For those that haven't mailed yet, my address is on Gilsey, not Harrison. PO is still forwarding and as far as I know, I'm not missing anything.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aliquilt:
.... my address is on Gilsey, not Harrison. PO is still forwarding and as far as I know, I'm not missing anything.

Whew.. I checked the current listing and your address is right on that.

posted Hide Post
Elainetoo, I had checked the list and saw it was correct. I, and probably others, had printed the addresses before I made the change, no biggee. I received some lovely ones yesterday but I'm not home and my aching brain isn't remembering who they're from, sorry, I'll add to post later!

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt, I have a bunch of these "10" minute blocks if you think you can use them Let me know.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
bigger picture.

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
wiley,

thanks for posting a pic of the May block you made for me. I luv those fabbies, and look forward to seeing the block in person. Big Grin thanks

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Terriemae, I mailed them yesterday, think I actually made3 for you. If you need more just give me a holler.Big Grin

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt, did your receive the blocks that I mailed two weeks ago? Thanks

posted Hide Post
Hi ladies, this is third attempt to sending email..Terrimae I got your 2 cuties today, KC your bright cheerful ones yesterday. Having had bronchitis/laryngitis for almost a week they really brighten the day. Fayejean I dis get yours, and posted on 4th they made it. I'm hoping to feel better soon so I can get some sewing done!!

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Ali, hope you are on the mend! Group Hug

QuilterChris and jmauk, did yours also arrive?

I heard from Aliquilt and QuilterChris, but not from jmauk. Hostesses, please let those who take the time to make blocks for your charity know when they arrive.

Ladies, I look forward to your blocks coming my way. The Louisana block is so nice for the children's quilts as it reminds them of pinwheels. The ones donated to Project Linus were a hit as always and several have already been donated to Running Strong of Native American Youth. Here is a picture of one of the quilts folded up given to a mother to wrap for her child for Christmas. The group also had many donated toys and clothing to help those who really needed it. From what I hear, there wasn't a dry eye in the house when they viewed the quilts. It's nice to know the smallest steps we made pave many roads to help those in need!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KC1930,

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
Sorry Aliquilt, I didn't see your posting about you receiving my blocks. Senior moment LOL.

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
Wiley, your beautiful blocks arrived today. Thank you.

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Received 3 blocks from wiley...thank you so much!

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt - hope you are feeling better. I have one block finished and will work on another tonight and hope to get in the mail tomorrow,
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post