Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Quilts of Valor quilts - PLEASE DON"T FORGET TO BRING THEM!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quilts of Valor quilts - PLEASE DON"T FORGET TO BRING THEM!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
And it's done. I guess I just needed a deadline.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DJBrown,

Posts: 979 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Wow, there are some fabulous quilts to be given to QOV. DJ, I especially love your quilt! The color combo is beautiful and the pattern is great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pvillelou,

Posts: 6480 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Mary Lou, would you believe DJ only hand quilts? All here quilts, including the QOV, are hand quilted! I think that's awesome

Posts: 5674 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
quote:
DJ only hand quilts

That makes her quilt even more impressive! I do a little hand quilting so I know the time and effort it takes.

Posts: 6480 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
My suitcase is plum stuffed, but I have some blocks to contribute. I started making a QOV a yr ago and never finished it.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3543 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mary Lou! I really like scrap quilts, but loved the look of this when I saw it. But I will not be making another "normal" pattern like my DD says. I was sooooo bored with this one. It took me over four months to quilt because I just kept putting it away. I don't care if I don't see blue and brown for a year! Smile

And Mary Ann, I would use that long arm in the bedroom more if I could work on it without swearing every five minutes. I need to find another dog quilt to work on. When I hand quilt I go by the it's good enough attitude. But even with "it's good enough", birds nests on the back and crazy wavy lines are way past my tolerance level! I NEED TO PRACTICE, but that grandsons of mine is taken up too much of my time.

And for those of you that don't have the pleasure of being overwhelmed by my Facebook Andrew pics, here's one from Father's Day .

Edited for spelling. Now there's a surprise! And I wouldn't be surprised if there are more errors. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DJBrown,

Posts: 979 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post