Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Quilts of Valor quilts - PLEASE DON"T FORGET TO BRING THEM!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quilts of Valor quilts - PLEASE DON"T FORGET TO BRING THEM!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Aliquilts dropped off some pillowcases she made to hold our QOV quilts. I could of sworn she dropped off six, but could only find five when I went to take a pic.

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Nice cases. I need to get the case done for the quilt I expect back from quiltslots. After I receive that back, I'll have to do the binding and label.

Thought there was a list started as to how many have been completed. Couldn't find that. Certainly hope we have a good number for this worthy project. Time is running short!

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of Alexemmarose's quilt off the frame!

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOOHHH McP!! Thank you SOOOOOOO much! It is lovely!

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I finished KC1930's quilt yesterday and here are the pics Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4902 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
close up of the back to see the quilting

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4902 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gonesewin:
I finished KC1930's quilt yesterday and here are the pics Smile

Hey Lori, can you email me a copy at 2013hexagonswap@gmail.com

What beautiful workmanship!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lori, the quilting on KC's quilt is cool...KC that quilt is great!! It would convince anyone how neat string blocks can be. McP, that quilt is awesome. Maybe it was only 5 pillowcases in the bag, I don't remember. I have a couple more half done at the house should you need more, with of course more fabric to get even more finished before retreat.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I finally finished mine. I may have get a second one finished before June...we'll see! Big Grin

Posts: 4568 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Here's a close-up of the quilting. I hope it's ok...it's not really an overall design or panto.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Really nice quilts being done for this project. Will be nice to have such beautiful quilts to turn in.

Not sure if I'll get my second one done either..time is getting short with all the things on my schedule between now and the retreat.

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Nice quilts! Angelac, I like your quilting on it...perfect for it.

Posts: 1992 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Just got my Sunshine Quilter's contribution quilt back from Quiltslots... What a beautiful job of quilting. .. :sigh. Now to find time to get it bound and labeled.

Thanks Jackie..

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Here's a close up of the quilting.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Here is one of Pckneyvillou (Mary Lou's) quilts. I used a varigated thread on top and a panto called Cloudy Skies for the quilting. The colors aren't quite right on my monitor, but the quilt is beautiful!

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Here's a really shrunken pic of the quilting from the back

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Oh my! It looks like you did a fabulous job of quilting my quilt. Thank you so much for doing it.

Posts: 6468 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I hope that some of you post your pictures on Paus's posting on Memorial day weekend for the RWB show. All of these would definitely qualify for the show. They are looking great. TFS Pat

Posts: 7816 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Great idea! Who's in???

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I've saved pics of all the quilts I've quilted for the retreat.

Here's PvilleLou's second quilt - quilted with the Patriot pantograph.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
and here's the back showing the quilting

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Fantastic quilting MCPatches and great quilts Pvillou!

Posts: 1992 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Lori and all,

If it's not too late I would like to make some pillowcases for the quilts. I have supplies for 3 or 4 cases and could bring them to COF. (I would bring the FINISHED pillowcases to COF, not the supplies...)

I couldn't tell from this thread if there are already enough pillowcases for all the quilts or if you still need more. Please let me know.

Ladies, all the quilts look great!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelinamor,

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'll get back to you on that Angela...

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
I thought my quilt top looked OK to start with but now that Mcpatches has worked her magic on it, it looks great! Thanks for doing it.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Here is Aliquilts top quilted. Question - does anyone know the name of this block? I really like it.

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
and here's quilting.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of Pvillelou's quilts finished now. Pardon the bad pics - the quilts look good Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
the quilting

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
the 2nd of Pvillelou's quilts finished now. Pardon the bad pics - the quilt looks good Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
the quilting...

posted Hide Post
MsP, I love the quilting!! Thanks so much. The quilt block is "Road to Washington", a swap I did with another on-line group. It worked up quickly and I think I have enough for at least one more top, when I can fit in the assembly. Thanks again for the beautiful work!

posted Hide Post
Gonesewin, those quilts are great too...Panels can work up to such nice quilts. And, your quilting is gorgeous too!

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Gonesewin, thanks for quilting my quilts for QOV! It looks like you did a wonderful job. I'm so glad I found a good way to use those duck and horse blocks. When people offer me fabric, I don't turn it down but sometimes there are some pieces included that are hard to figure out a way to use. These two tops were completely from donated fabrics!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
This is really going to be a wonderful presentation of quilts.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
This is the list I have from Big Sister of the quilts we will be giving to the QOV rep on Sunday
Maccin 8
Angela 1
Coleen A 1
Elainetoo 2
Pvillelou 6
Kc 1930 1
Charming Sister 1
Chlynn 1129 1
She quilts 1
Savedsinnr 1
Aliquilt 2
DJBrown 1
PatriciaAnne 2
-----------------

Total = 27
Are there any others?
I also have money from some people and fabric from others.

Does anyone else have anything to contribute?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I am almost done with the second binding - so will definitely have 2 (elaine dutch).

23 is a good number, but thought there would be more

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcpatches:
Question - does anyone know the name of this block? I really like it.

That beautiful block looks a lot like "Broken Sugar Bowl" its in the book The Farmers Wife"

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9875 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure PatriciaAnne has 2.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Quilt in the wash! Another item checked off the list of preparation for the retreat.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see all these in person! Love the stars and loops panto you are using to quilt them, Mcpatches. Just a few more days... Chris

Posts: 5845 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
I have about two hours of quilting and a binding left on mine. My challenge project may not get done, but I will have supplies for our class and my QOV done Big Grin

Posts: 973 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McPatches let me know she's finished binding my second quilt, so we will have at least those 2 quilts and I have 4 more pillowcases finished to bring. Counting the days!!

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I do have two quilts and cases. Just finished binding yesterday. will post pictures tonight. Needlecrazy did the quilting for me and they are beautiful. Now I want to keep them! But I won't.

I couldn't get the cat to stay off this one, even while I was working on it. She had no interest in the other one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PatriciaAnne,

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
the presentation case to match. it matches the backing.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Quilt #2

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
the matching case

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Nice! I really like the log cabin Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Here's the quilt I recently quilted for Savedsinnr:

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Ilike that log cabin, it must be a nice quilt - it has a kitty sleeping on it!