Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  SunShine Quilters - Mar 2014
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SunShine Quilters - Mar 2014 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
aliquilt PLEASE respond!!!!

Posts: 4437 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pvillelou:
Sue Stitches, I agree that your little nine patch in the center is slightly wonky . . . but your seams match beautifully! And the block looks very neat. This will look just fine when it is put in** a quilt and someone will love it.

Thanks for the encouragement. The center looked better until I used a **o hot iron on it with Best Press. Live and learn.

Posts: 826 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
T****'s been some discussion about the April block in another thread.

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/1643972008

If you do have a problem you might want ** hop over t**** and see if it helps you.

OK, t**** seems ** be a problem with the forum posting. I certainly didn't put the ** in place of my verbiage - ** and t****

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 8082 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
Pvillelou,your beautiful blocks arrived today. They will look real nice in a quilt.

Posts: 513 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pvillelou:

Here's a question for hostesses - if I make more than one block to send to you, do you prefer that they are different or is it OK if they are the same? It is so much quicker to do two alike but I can understand if you would rather have all of the blocks for your quilt different.

As a hostess, I would gladly accept duplicate blocks. I often make and send duplicates, and have heard no complaints. Thanks for your question, tho.

Posts: 1842 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here are my January blocks. The color isn't real good and they look much better in real life. The frame is a brick red & cream... Chris

Posts: 6105 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here are my February blocks. Hope there are some other dark ones to play with as everything I've seen so far is much lighter... Chris

Posts: 6105 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here are March's blocks. There is a split between the two blocks that is difficult to see... Chris

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Chris, your January & February blocks look great. It looks like the year is starting out with a bang for the Sunshine Quilters ... lots of pretty blocks & lots of activity on the thread. Lets keep this ball rolling all year!

Nicki

Posts: 8178 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of San
posted Hide Post
hi,

i have 2 January blocks cut and ready to sew.. 1 is flowers fabrics (hope this is ok).. 1 is star fabrics.. I just thought of another possible block - is blue w/stars and red/white wavy stripes ok? this third block would look kinda like a flag only square..

i have 1 February block cut and ready to sew so far.. going to try for a second.. im looking for bright fabrics..

i have designed and chosen fabrics for a 12 1/2" unfinished block for March.. designed because i have to use the 1/8 yard fabric cuts i have on hand.. i got ideas from a couple other blocks i had printed for the 9" blocks.. i hope non-stars fabrics are ok..

hope to sew some tomorrow..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: San,

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers

God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..

San

Posts: 4219 | Location: OR | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
San, Alquilt isn't on much right now. As long as the color / theme is followed that's what matters.

Aliquilt, in case you come on - sent the address list again. Let me know if you receive it.

Cskvett - great blocks.

I'm planning on uploading the blocks done so far to our photo album later today.

Posts: 8082 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I had a question about the June blocks. Can they be prints?

Posts: 826 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
June is my month - yes, prints are fine.

Forgot to let you know that my January blocks have been mailed.

Posts: 2872 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Trying to get my blocks done early.

posted Hide Post
I again apologize for not posting. I cannot!!! get internet at my house so I go to the library to use the internet, which I can't do every day, as like everyone else, life is busy. The last couple days have been very busy in my mailbox with gorgeous blocks: Elainetoo 4, Fayejean 3, Quiltnanny 2, AngelaC 3, Pvillelou 2, Gonesewin 3. NLK and SueStitches yes I did receive yours, I think it covers it all. As for the comment about colors, yes, many have the same or coordinating fabrics and all the blocks will play together. Today I started working on sorting fabrics that got stuffed in boxes and drawer "cleaning for the holidays" and make the next couple months blocks. I did get the email for the hostess information, thanks.

Posts: 837 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt, I hope you received blocks from Charmingsister and me.

Pvillelou, your lovely blocks arrived safely on Saturday. Thanks so much.

Posts: 1842 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed my January blocks on Saturday.

As a hostess, I don't mind if the blocks are duplicates.

Posts: 1936 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Got the photos that have been posted uploaded to our photo album.

We're half way through January already. Know several people are working ahead on blocks..that's great. I did Aprils today.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
talk about working ahead! I received 3 blocks from Karribean Quilter today Smile I hope I don't put them away where I can't find them :0. Just in case I'm posting a picture so I can identify them when October rolls around.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5091 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Feb. block will be mailed on Tuesday.

Posts: 4429 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
My 2 February blocks will go out to Fayejean next week also. Being a Sunshine Quilter is very rewarding for me.

Nicki

Posts: 8178 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Since December 27, it has been a blur around here.. We were delayed in Alabama until a week ago this past Friday and came home sicker than ever. Just now have been able to climb the stairs to my sewing room.

Will get the January blocks in the mail on Tuesday... and will go ahead and get February out too if possible.

Sorry for the delay.,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25831 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Karibbean Quilter is really ahead of the game. I received some strips from her this week and my turn as hostess isn't until July! She sent a total of 5 strips of two very cute fabrics - one is pink princesses, the other a tone-on-tone aqua. Some little girl will love the quilt they get used in. Thanks a bunch. I'll try to get a picture soon but have been having a little camera trouble.

Posts: 6574 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Mary Lou Can you use boy prints too? I have some robots that need a home. Some jungle animals too. If you can use more than just strips let me know.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Sue, I make quilts for both girls and boys so would love some robots and/or jungle animals. The pattern I use calls for 6 1/2" wide strps so that is the only size I need now. Thanks.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Headie... June - Whole block - shades of yellow... but are yellow kids prints OK or do you want just solids, blenders, tone on tone? Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
The first month of the new year and I am already in the "hole"!!! This has been the most non-productive non-creative month I have had in years!!! I did make my Jan. block but than covered it up and forgot to mail it. It has been so cold and snowy here I feel "frozen" and last week I came down with the plague. Ok, I'm done whining now, life isn't that bad.

I will mail my Jan. block tomorrow and work harder at staying on top of things. Not a good feeling to be so far behind so early in the year.

Posts: 2712 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Made one more block that is less wonky. Went to see the precise piecing queen at my LQS and got some advice.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh that's a nice looking block Sue Stitches. I love the colors!

Nicki

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I have 2 blocks going out today for january. Will try to get february out first of next week.

Posts: 25831 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Elainetoo - yellow kid prints are ok. I am not fussy, just so the predominant color is yellow.

Two of my adult nieces have asked for sewing lessons. We are getting together this coming weekend so while they work on pj bottoms I will work on my February blocks.

Posts: 2872 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of the strips that Karibbean Quilter sent to me - and you can see that I must have been suffering from temporary color-blindness when I posted about them earlier! That cute princess fabric is purple, not pink.

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Charmingsister and I mailed out February blocks today. Smile

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Fayejean, I sent out your February blocks on Tuesday. You should have them soon.

Nicki

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I also mailed my February blocks yesterday.

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine today!

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2039 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Looks like February is off to a grand start. Chlynn, those 4 blocks are great looking. I love those frogs!

Nicki

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Nicki. I like the frogs too.

Posts: 2039 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Updated thread title for February.

Here's what has been posted so far. Know mine isn't there - forgot to take a picture! And a few others that said they sent. Off to a wonderful start for February.

Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
How nice of you to post them together. Not to worry: the 3 at the bottom are not February. They went early to gonesewing for later in the year. Also found some more children's fabric and cut 6-1/2 strips, which I'll mail out soon. Thanks for letting me send early. We are moving back to the states next month, and who knows how long it will be before all our stuff arrives and I'm back to sewing.

Posts: 546 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Mailed February today, scheduled for Monday delivery. Am loving making new for me blocks... Chris

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Looks like my blocks are due to be delivered tomorrow...

January 24, 2014 , 4:33 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
CINCINNATI, OH 45235

January 22, 2014
Depart USPS Sort Facility
RALEIGH, NC 27676

January 21, 2014 , 7:35 pm
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
RALEIGH, NC 27676

January 21, 2014 , 3:39 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility
HENDERSON, NC 27536

January 21, 2014 , 2:28 pm
Acceptance
HENDERSON, NC 27536

posted Hide Post
My February blocks are done but not mailed. Will mail this week. Have fabrics pulled for other months but nothing one yet.

Karen

Posts: 663 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Karibbean.. can see where my mind wasn't..! I must have been doing that in my sleep Smile They don't even match the current month.

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2712 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
QCwannabe I love your block. It looks so sweet & pretty.

For those of you who are watching & keeping up with this thread but have not joined in yet...it's never too late. Just check out the Sunshine Quilter's link

http://quilterssunshine.blogspot.com

to see what each hostess needs for the month & send her a block or two. This is a fun project & so easy to do. The more that participate, the more quilts the hostess can make for her charity.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I have received beautiful blocks from: Charminqsister, Terrimae, Elainetoo and Nik. Wonderful eye candy. Such bright colors will look great in a quilt.
Thanks everyone.

Posts: 513 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Fayejean, thank you for letting us know that our blocks arrived. Enjoy!

Posts: 2580 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post