Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  SunShine Quilters - Mar 2014
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SunShine Quilters - Mar 2014 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Elainetoo
posted
terrimae is our Mar Hostess..
12" finished blocks, quilter's choice, in red, white and blue, for Veteran's in hospice care

Welcome to the Sunshine Quilters - our information Blog is listed at the bottom of this note. Our mission is to bring SunShine into the life of our receivers.

Anyone on the forum can make blocks for a monthly hostess and can 'join' the list of block makers at any time, just send me a PM to sign-up and get the paperwork.

Each member is asked to make one or more blocks for the assigned hostess each month. The hostess then assembles and donates quilts to the charity of their choice. Maybe you can't make a block(s), but have some supplies or fabric the hostess can use. Contact the hostess here on this thread, or in a PM to see if she can put your items to good use for her charity quilt(s).

Having trouble finding time to sew a block.? Remember those leaders and enders .. that's how I've started mine for the year.

Blocks are to be sent to the hostess around the 1st of their month. If late, please post here with your intentions to send later. If you can't make a block that month, that's ok, sometimes life is too busy. Post on the monthly thread and perhaps someone can send extra blocks to the hostess that month.

It would be nice if you post a picture of your blocks so we can all see the variety provided. And I'll upload those to our photo album.

The hostesses will post pictures of their completed quilts for our photo album and I'd like to keep track of count for our blog.

The requested monthly blocks are listed in the blog below.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 8115 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Blocks sent so far. I know there was at least one other set with no pictures.

Posts: 8115 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Mine will be sent out tomorrow. I went to the PO yesterday but they had closed at noon. I was there at 12:15 of course! LOL

They are packaged and ready to go.

I have two made for February already.

Posts: 2047 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Working on FEB. Hope to stay ahead this year.

Posts: 4442 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
I made a couple yesterday to send. It may be a few days before I get to the PO.

I also have a couple for quilterChris for December.

Posts: 6591 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pandibear
posted Hide Post
I will be mailing my January blocks tomorrow.

andi

Posts: 304 | Location: Iowa and Missouri | Registered: Jul 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Susan-TN
posted Hide Post
My January blocks will be in the mail tomorrow.

Happy Stitching All!
Susan

Posts: 660 | Location: East TN | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I will mail mine next week.

Posts: 515 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I am out of town until next week and will get mine sent then.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25843 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I mailed Jan and Feb. I forgot to take pics oops!!

Posts: 4441 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of San
posted Hide Post
hi everyone..

may i get a copy of the current mailing list..

i have not gotten my January block done yet.. i do have the fabrics ready and the design picked.. just got my machine readjusted yesterday.. and daughter is currently in hospital.. Gallbladder surgery later today..

so i will be late in getting it done and i do not want to hold Headylamar up on getting her blocks out to you..

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers

God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..

San

Posts: 4219 | Location: OR | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
I will be working on Jan. blocks tomorrow or Sat & will mail by Tuesday.

Posts: 1846 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Hi San, I just sent the listing to you again (from elainedutch@...) Let me know if you got it.

Thanks.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm late but I'll get caught up this weekend since I have 3 days off!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5118 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I got some sewing done yesterday while it snowed Smile But, I didn't get out of the house in time to make it to the PO today...will probably mail on Tuesday (my next day off).

In the meantime, here's what I made for you Ali!

I finally used my book, "Marsha McCloskey's Block Party". I've had it for years & it's chock full of 9" blocks! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AngelaC,

Posts: 4682 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Angela those blocks are beautiful. I'm so glad there is lots of activity with this group this year. I look forward to each month! Wave

Nicki

Posts: 8257 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaribbeanQuilter
posted Hide Post
My Januaries and Februaries should have arrived at the hostesses this week. The coming months will be busy with moving and traveling, so here is March

Posts: 576 | Registered: Jul 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting pic of March blocks. I can hardly wait to see them in person. Smile

Later,I'll try to post pic of the blocks I'll be sending for January.

Posts: 1846 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to see if I have patriotic fabrics and make my block at some point this week.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Our red/white/blue blocks are going to all coordinate so well! I have some of the same fabrics that are pictured.

Quilter Jen, as long as your fabrics are the right colors, they don't have to have a patriotic design, in my opinion. In fact, some of the blocks shown are pretty busy so maybe a few blocks from tone-on-tones would be good to add to them.

posted Hide Post
That's true... just need to put away Christmas so I can get to the fabric!

Posts: 1958 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Mailed my January blocks today. Plan to be on time with the rest... Chris

Posts: 6162 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
KaribbeanQuilter, have made many a patriotic pillowcase with those fabrics. The white one is my very favorite... Chris

Posts: 6162 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Fayejean, please PM me your address. Thanks... Chris

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
I have received two beautiful blocks from Karibbean Quilter. Thank you,so much..Fayejean

Posts: 515 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cksvett:
Fayejean, please PM me your address. Thanks... Chris

Did you receive the hostess list for 2014? Do you need another emailed?

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Glad to see so much activity. Looking forward to seeing finished quilts from the hostesses later this year.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
we are still in bama so will be late sending January. I will check base when we get home to be sure you still need mine.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25843 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Elainetoo, yes I did receive the information Sorry! Was going from the link in the first post to sew the required items that were requested. Had aliquilt's address from other things, so didn't need it. HATE the new Yahoo email system. Would have seen the file and known to look there, but with them being hidden and you need open that group up to see anything... Chris

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cksvett:
....... HATE the new Yahoo email system....... Chris

I agree completely and there has been a lot of feedback to Yahoo how unhappy people are - know several who dropped Yahoo.. BUT there's good news. Go to your email Settings and UnCheck "Conversations".. you'll see each email individually as intended! Boy was I happy to find that!!!!

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
We are snowed in again! Actually, I think I could get out but the temp is still only -6 so I don't plan to try. It may be a few more days before I can mail blocks. When I do, I hope to have some for Feb as well as the Dec and Jan ones I already have done.

Here's a question for hostesses - if I make more than one block to send to you, do you prefer that they are different or is it OK if they are the same? It is so much quicker to do two alike but I can understand if you would rather have all of the blocks for your quilt different.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pvillelou,

posted Hide Post
I have no preferences-two the same or two different works for me. Karen

Posts: 670 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I got these finished today and I will get them in the mail as soon as I take my doggies for their afternoon walk...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5118 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is the January thread- but I have finished my February blocks. They will be mailed sometime later this month.

Karen

Posts: 670 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
I thought I had my Feb blocks done too - then I realized that I made what is requested for March! Oh, well, they all need done sometime.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Got some busy quilters early this year. Will be great if the momentum keeps up. Thanks all for your blocks. I know the hostesses will appreciate them.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Great looking block May Baby & Gonesewin. I have my February blocks made but will mail them out closer to Feb. Looks like we have a lot of over achievers here this year & I think THAT'S GREAT! Big Grin

Nicki

Posts: 8257 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
One wonky but at least 91/2 inch block done for February. And it only took three tries. Will mail when my SS box is ready to send.

Posts: 877 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Nice looking block Sue. I'm glad you joined in this year. This is my first year to be a SunShine Quilter & I think I'm going to love being a part of this group.

Nicki

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Thanks nik! At least this may get me a bit less wonky though I shudder when I compare my blocks to the pros.

Posts: 877 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Sue Stitches, I agree that your little nine patch in the center is slightly wonky . . . but your seams match beautifully! And the block looks very neat. This will look just fine when it is put into a quilt and someone will love it.

Yesterday morning, when it was announced that the local schools were closed, I thought to myself "Oh, good, I can catch up on some Sunshine Quilter's blocks". I have been retired from teaching for almost 13 years so that was a silly thought! However, I did spend a lot of time working on blocks to add to the ones I already have done. Here are a couple for Dec that I am late sending.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
These are for January - I used the same fabric as some of the rest of you and the same pattern as someone else, I think.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
And for Feb . . . the colors are prettier than in the picture.

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
And for March. I will get them all mailed as soon as I can get to the post office. We are snowed in right now but should be able to get out soon.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Hi all, just wanted to let you know that Aliquits will stop by when she can and let us know about the blocks received. Computer and access problems.

Wow, you're all busy.

posted Hide Post
I've received the blocks in the picture. Today I got 2 cute crumb blocks from cksvett. Also 2 cool blocks from KaribbeanQuilter and 3 fun blocks from Maybaby. I hope I haven't missed anyone. It's been crazy few weeks and January is my month to pull myself out of my funk. I cou also use the address list also please. Now to find sewing machine and plug it in. Thanks everyone.

Posts: 837 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt did up receive the blocks I sent by mistake??????

Posts: 4441 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Aliquilt, I'm taking that to mean you received my blocks also....right?

Nicki

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I sent mine last week too.

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
My January blocks (pictured above) went to the PO today. According to my receipt you should have them by Saturday Smile

Posts: 4682 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post