Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  COF - who still needs a room?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COF - who still needs a room? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Gonesewin
posted
IF YOU HAVE A RESERVATION I DO NOT NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU.

We may have a bit of a problem. I think I expected a LOT more of you to double up and guesstimated us needing too few rooms -- I apologize for my mistake.

It is true that there are no rooms available for Saturday night so now I need to know how many still need to make room reservations so I can figure out how to fix my mess.

Tell me when you plan to check in and when you plan to check out.
Also, would you consider having a room mate?
Would you consider a pull out sofa bed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
I was planning to book a room for myself, but I procrastinated. Way too much happening in my life.

So sorry, Lori, for creating grief for you.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6536 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hiding my head in shame, I do. I thought we had till June 5 though?
I wouldn't be able to double up, coming with my husband.
Sorry for headache.
Rondi

Posts: 1542 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Lori, I have a room to myself and if someone needs a place to sleep I would I'm open to sharing, but.... I have know idea if I got one bed or two. If it ended I will call and get the specifics from the hotel. Deb

Posts: 979 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TeaSea
posted Hide Post
I'm with DJBrown I have a room with two beds. Rondi we just put a blindfold on your DH.

Posts: 1347 | Location: NC Iowa | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I'm so confused. My flight is on Wed, I arrive abt 9 pm; I think my hotel starts Thurs. Thurs is the early bird dinner, right?
Does anyone have an extra spot on Wed?
Can anyone be my mommy cuz I'm already so sideways on days?
So excited.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3542 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still need a room . Hubby and I will arrive on Thursday and staying until Monday. Thought we had a while to make reservations????

Posts: 242 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to make our reservations. Have a confirmation number, so I'm guessing no problem. Thanks

Posts: 242 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you spell relief? RELIEF!

Lori must have worked some magic, I got a room and a confirmation #. I even called back and confirmed with them that I have a room. I arrive on Wednesday night and leave on Sunday.

Thank you Lori. And thank you 3grandkids for posting that you called and got a room or I wouldn't have thought too till I heard more from Lori.

Rondi

Posts: 1542 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
The only magic I've been practicing is prayer!

Who else needs a room?

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone — reservations told me that they have no rooms available on the 21st or 22nd; front desk told me they have no rooms available for the 22nd.

So, I still need a room.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6536 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Carol, I was hoping you would see this. That is just the oddest thing. I wonder what is going on? I called the 717 area code number. The first time I spoke to a young lady. She got my reservations made. I then called back asking about my reservation and spoke to a gentleman.
I pray something works out for you, and others needing a room.

Rondi

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
That's the number I used, Rondi. This is really kind of weird. I might just send a sleeping bag ahead of myself and camp out in the lobby!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
that is weird :\
We'll find you a bed Carol, don't worry!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Anyone else???

posted Hide Post
Our hotel rooms are Thursday through Monday.. I will have an air mattress for dgds and we can probably squeeze another person in the room.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also need to make reservations. Does anyone have a room for Kiwi_Sue to share for a night or two on Thurs/Fri? She is a non smoker, light sleeper, needs her own bed Smile

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1799 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS FOR HOWEVER LONG YOU WILL BE THERE AND WE WILL WORK OUT SATURDAY.

AGAIN, I apologize for this mess. I had set aside a certain number of rooms way-back-when and was told if they weren't taken by June 5 they would be released. I didn't think we'd exceed that number (if we didn't sell a certain number of beds COF would be charged for them) but back in February we did and so I added more rooms to the block. Again we went over that number but I was not notified of this by the people at the hotel - I heard it hear on the board. SO - we (Brenda at HI & I) are working on getting a bed for everyone. Some people may have to switch rooms - I am REALLY sorry for this - but we'll get everyone taken care of.

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
" Some people may have to switch rooms" ?
Lori, what actually does that mean? Does it affect those of us who made our reservations months ago?

Posts: 3288 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
nope - you are good

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motqltr:
..... My flight is on Wed, I arrive abt 9 pm; I think my hotel starts Thurs. ......
Does anyone have an extra spot on Wed?

Did you find a room for Weds Night? I would have to check to see if I have 1 or 2 beds, but if there are 2 beds, can certainly share for one night. Let me know if you still need a place for Weds.

Posts: 7993 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gonesewin...please pm me. I think I can help.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Elaine, I'll take you up on that. I could even sleep in a chair. The flight gets in abt 9 pm, by the top I retrieve luggage and call the hotel, it might be 10 pm or so.
Thank you Elaine.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3542 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motqltr:
Elaine, I'll take you up on that. I could even sleep in a chair. The flight gets in abt 9 pm, by the top I retrieve luggage and call the hotel, it might be 10 pm or so.
Thank you Elaine.

OK, my reservations state 2 queen size beds - so you don't have to sleep in a chair.

I'll PM you.

Posts: 7993 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned before, I wasn't sure if I could attend the retreat. Unfortunately, I have too much going on and won't be able to come. I did have a room reservation so I'll be cancelling it. Hopefully, this will give the room to someone else.

Michele

michele

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Oh, Michelle, so very sorry I won't get to meet you. I was looking forward to meeting some new board members. However, I could really use a reservation, so could you please let me know when you cancel. Sorry if this sounds rather cold-hearted; I don't mean for it to be.

Carol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: needlecrazy,

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
I now have a room! One was available. Missmommy called me and said there were 2, so I quick dialed, and there was one! Yay.

So, I'm all set.

Carol

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone else who still needs a room?

I have 2 people who are willing to have a room mate - any takers?

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Lori, You can request a list from the hotel of everyone who has made their reservations to review it against your list of those coming to the retreat. I had the Hilton send me a list every 2 weeks until we got everyone set.

Just a thought for you.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25674 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
thanks Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I have almost everyone accounted for Smile

Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are talking about your chicks... which guess at some point we all are - running this way and that.

char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Crisis averted. All attendees have rooms and or beds for all nights. PTL

With one or 2 exceptions and she knows who she/they is/are...

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Great job Lori!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25674 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what a fun retreat planned.

Posts: 731 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post