Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.●
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.● Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've finally cleared my schedule and I'm ready to start designing my quilt and I can't remember what is the minimum size? I know that there is one, but I can't find it anywhere.

Posts: 193 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just turned the paper over and found that the minimum size is 32" x 48". I have a main block drafted, now I just need to experiment with some practice fabric to see if it's going to work. This is getting fun!

Posts: 193 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Did some sewing this morning before work, hope to do more this evening.

Posts: 2729 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I'm excited to read how many are able to work on their quilts right now. After the wide variety of peeks, I can only imagine how different all the quilts will be!

Posts: 331 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
As I am currently underemployed, I have some time to work on mine. My problem has been that I keep changing my mind and am too aware that if I make a mistake,my six inch square is GONE!

I know, I have a bit of OCD, but hopefully my quilt will be interesting this year.

Posts: 416 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● You know . . . I don't think I mentioned entry number two arrived.

Motqltr and Shequilts have completed their challenge. How about YOU? Wink

Only two months and three days to go. Anyone out there besides me who hasn't started yet?

Sure could use some more peeks, please.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9745 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with you Jean! If I don't get moving soon my quilt name will just seem totally random Roll Eyes My problem is that I keep trying to get all of my "little" projects out of the way first...and there are way more than I thought I had.

Posts: 4697 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Ooh, interesting!

posted Hide Post
Practice block after practice block and nothing is working. This is ceasing to be fun! Grrrr!

Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
I did some unsewing the other day and then could not find my seam ripper. Eventually saw it melted to the side of the iron. Frown sigh

Posts: 2592 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Interesting! Is it a vine? A branch? A set of hooks? I guess we will see soon enough. I'm nearing the the end of my top. It's very exciting.

J Lu

Posts: 1097 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
I tried to get one of my friends to do this challenge with me, she said "No way, too stressful"

But yesterday I let her iron as I sewed, and she was laughing at how much fun it is and loves to see the finished quilts at the end.

A seam ripper melted to the iron! Oh no, that's a new one! I can see myself doing something like that.....lol

Who would have thought making a quilt could be so stressful? Now that I have finished deciding on my design, I am ok, just have lots of work to do.

Posts: 416 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm putting all of the fabric away for awhile. Maybe I'll have more inspiration if I don't look at it for a few days. I'm glad that so many of you have started, finished or, at least, have a plan.

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Thanx for the peek to start off the new month. Now I'm only 4 tops away from quilting StT.

Posts: 1850 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I actually started working on mine over the weekend. No cutting yet, maybe tonight. I am experiencing some computer issues these last few days. It has me very worried. I need to get a hold of my IT guy. If any of you are experts, I would appreciate some assistance.

Posts: 9745 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● The cutting has begun, and there is a lot of it. I have made good progress so far, but there is a long way to go. This new job is really taking a toll on my quilting. I just hope I'll be able to get it done in time. Eek

I did receive another entry last weekend. Big Grin Way to go Mquiltz!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Mine's done, I just haven't gotten a photo to you yet...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5147 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Mine is not done... Basted and still waiting for inspiration.

posted Hide Post
I'm making a lot of progress on the quilting of mine.

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quilted and finally getting back to it to do finishing touches now...

Posts: 3514 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Almost finished the top still have a few tweaks to add. Has anyone heard from South Carolina lady?

J Lu

Posts: 1097 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Working, pondering, getting sidetracked by the start of school!

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Starting to feel panic! Not much progress on mine...hopefully this weekend.

Posts: 2729 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Oh boy, do I have a long way to go. It might go a bit faster if I would stop changing the design as I go. Roll Eyes Wink

posted Hide Post
After 6+ weeks without a machine, as of 5:00 last night I have a working machine and table to use it on. Have to start a job hunt, and my quilt is only barely started piecing, so I might not make it this year Frown but can at least get back to the challenge quilt.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
What a detailed peek! I'm intrigued.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Nice peek. Sent mine out to be quilted today. Are y'all feeling the presser.

J Lu

Picture of SC Lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Almost finished the top still have a few tweaks to add. Has anyone heard from South Carolina lady?

J Lu

Jan, I thought everyone knew I had to stop this challenge when my life went downhill..with two deaths....in process trying sell three houses and move to Virginia. So packing, etc...NO sewing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SC Lady,

Libby

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." ~~~Dalai Lama

Posts: 3960 | Location: Lower Va. | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Interesting peek!

I sorted my fabrics into color families last night!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oh Libby I'm sorry I can't keep up with everyone. I was just thinking about you and thought I'd see where you where? Hope all is better in your life. Bee have love you girl.

J Lu

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I'm finally making progress! How is everyone else doing?

Picture of Karen B.
posted Hide Post
Mine has been finished for some time now. Just need to send a picture to Jayardi.

Posts: 31 | Location: Wisconsin/Mississippi | Registered: Feb 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go Karen. I have quite a bit of quilting finished on mine, maybe 3/4's done.
Trying not to start anything else till I have this completed. That is hard to do tho.

Rondi

Posts: 1567 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
I WISH mine was ready for quilting....so many colors...so many squares......

But I am making progress too. Big Grin

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Mine is at the longarmer as we speak. I'm pulling for you girls. Let those imaginations run wild. This has to be the most fun challenge I've ever done.

J Lu

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Alexemmarose has sent in her entry.

I've run into a little snag. My design wall is NOT big enough. Frown Going to have to do a little creative thinking to get around this.

I think someone is trying to be funny with this peek. Big Grin

Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
I don't think my machine would sew that rotary mat to my quilt! What about you?

Posts: 3632 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Wow! It's like I'm seeing stars in front of my eyes.

J Lu

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I've made some progress this weekend, but have had to work on other things too. Frown

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Fun peeks!

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Wasted a lot of time this weekend sorting & picking out my extras. I thought I'd start cutting today but decided that Plan A was too ambitious (at least, this late in the game anyway Roll Eyes)...so, on to Plan B!

Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Loving the peaks.

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Uh-oh, we let this slip to page two. I know it's mostly my fault for not being on the board much these days. This job is stealing all my fun time. I haven't worked on my quilt in days and I have a feeling it may not get done in time. This coming weekend is suppose to be a three days long (for most people). I may have to work all three of them. Frown Mad Hopefully, I will get to play a little bit too.

I also need to catch up on my e-mails. That's a never ending job. There is just over a month to go. Is anyone else wondering if they'll make the deadline or not? I remember Angela mentioning she is just starting, at least I've got some company. I mean, how would it look if I didn't finish?

Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Hey, Jean, I haven't started either! Number 1 idea is not going to happen, neither is Number 2. Third time is the charm, I've been told. It had better be.

I just finished the Sandy Hook Commemorative Quilt last night. I need to press the lace butterflies flat, get it photographed, and it's on its way! I'm so very happy to see this go -- I tear up every time I look at those beautiful faces. So, it's time to move on. S2T is next. Promise.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6656 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jean you and I are in same boat, 3 day or 4 day holiday weekend, I'm working 4 12 hour days.

I will be done. I understand though some not being further along though, we all have a lot of "irons in the fire"! Just today I started cutting for fabric to try a top I have been wanting to do and to get rid of some scraps I had. Course I didn't need to to that! I need to finish things I have started before I start something else. Oh well!

Rondi

Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Just over a month.....seriously! Need to get back to mine then.. For some reason I thought I had 2 months left.

I have lots of blocks done but need to do more blocks and then figure out a layout

Fun fun!

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..it would look like some of us are falling behind , Jean .. that's all // it's been a very hard summer for some of us ..

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9134 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I had hoped to be farther along by now but started to lay it out and I think I need to do some more cutting. Where that time will come from I don't know! Oh well maybe Friday evening or night I can really get going on it. I have to work all weekend also. Leaving for a 10 day vacation on the 18th, Might be tough to get it done! Trying!!!!

Posts: 537 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Not making much progress, hope to spend this weekend working on mine. I have a plan I just need to get GOING!!!!

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I'm one of the newbies for this year and I'm happy to say that I WILL have a finished quilt by the deadline. Hooray!

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2262 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post