Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.●
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.● Sign In/Join 
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
me again, I have 4 rows almost -- time for the frog -- rip-it to make an appearance. I have to rip one whole row and I square is facing the wrong way. I thought abt leaving it, the Amish style, because not one else will know, however I would know.
Back is killing me, it's almost 9 pm, so I'm calling it a day, or a night.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3614 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Progress is being made. My sister saw it and approved, so I think I'm on the right track!

Posts: 331 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hahahahaha!!! ...quilting frog...rip-it!! He has been to my house plenty in my sewing career!

Posts: 3450 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quilt top is finished. Have had peeks on the camera for a few weeks but haven't downloaded them yet. Granddaughters coming from MN this weekend so everything is put away until after they leave. Then we'll be heading up there in two weeks to help babysit for a few days. Don't think I'll start the quilting process until after that. It'll give me some time to look in the stash for backing fabric. But then again I may get sidetracked by yard work. Those darn weeds grow a lot faster than anything else.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I just finished my top. YAY! While it may not win me any prizes, I am very happy with it Smile I think I'll wait until after retreat to quilt it.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5043 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
You girls are on a roll.

J Lu

Posts: 991 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Ladies, I do apologize for being absent a lot. Things are absolutely crazy around here. Good news though, it's official - I have a REAL job again. I've been juggling three (sometimes four) part time jobs this past year. Which is why I haven't gotten much sewing done or been on the boards much. One of the jobs is going full time. YIPPEE!! It starts the week of the retreat. (of course Roll Eyes) Luckily, the boss knew about my trip, so I don't have to cancel.

Hopefully, after the retreat, I'll be able to settle into an easier routine and keep up here. So please bear with me for just a few more weeks.

I have received a bunch of peeks. Big Grin Quite a few of you have begun cutting and even started sewing. Although, I know a few of you haven't sent any peeks. Please send me your peeks. I will definitely be posting a lot more after the retreat (if I have them). And, don't forget, for every peek of yours I post, you will get an extra pair of BONUS SQUARES to use next year. Wink

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9683 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS! Jean, I knew you would get something good soon as hard as you were working.

Now for all of us to get to retreat, take a deep breath there, and then get to sewing. Well, except for the over-achievers who are already working/nearly done. If you fall into that category, good work! For those of us who need deadlines, well, it's still a ways away.........

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6616 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I took my squares out rearranged them. now I have to get the design in my head, on to the paper, then try it with other squares. I hope it works out.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1485 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jean! So glad your employment situation finally worked out! Now we can really party at retreat!

Posts: 5767 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea Jean! So happy for you that the job thing is working out...such stress!

Posts: 3450 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Jean! I hope you get a chance to take a long, deep breath!

Posts: 331 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so happy for you Jean. I can sense your relief in your post. Seems like a burden has been lifted. Hope things go smoothly for you.

As far as the challenge? I have my top finished! Backing pieced! Ready to sandwich and start quilting. I am one happy challenger!

Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jean, that's so exciting.
My quilt is going to the quilter tonite. I hope to get it back before I leave for COF.
I'm motivated this year because after COF I'm having shoulder surgery

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3614 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
So happy for your job, Jean!

My top may or may not be done. I might have some "tweaking" to do. Wink

Posts: 1836 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see something someone has SEWN!

Posts: 407 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Yes! I have some peeks of that. You should see the one that came in this weekend. I have to go get my oil changed in a minute. I'll post a peek when I get back.

Posts: 9683 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
goody, goody!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5043 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Here it is. Someone is doing a lot of chain stitching. Smile

posted Hide Post
Wow! Very interesting...anxious to see what gets made with these!

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Interesting peek, it is going to be July before I start cutting and sewing.

Posts: 2706 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your full time job. You work so hard & it's good to hear that your hard work is paying off.

I'm not particpating in the challenge but I'm watching those peeks.

Nicki

Posts: 8129 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Sew excited to hear about you new work situation.

I am back from my trip to Ireland so as soon as the jet lag is gone and I can trust myself with a rotary cutter, I will start on mine!!

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Lots of HST's here. Looks like they'll finish at 1". Eek

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I spy with my little eye, the eyeball fabric!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8630 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! These will make some very detailed quilt piecing!

Picture of Karen B.
posted Hide Post
Almost finished.

Posts: 31 | Location: Wisconsin/Mississippi | Registered: Feb 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...quilting...yea! I have some family things going on later in the year (one is a new grandbaby~yea!)so have been working away on my piece now to get it done.

Can hardly wait to see what everyone makes with our fabbies this year...

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
To be honest haven't started. I do know what I want to do, hopefully after retreat I will get a handle on it. Smile

Posts: 4327 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I was going to send some peeks to Lisa for posting while I was away and totally ran out of time. Frown I am home, but with the new job I've got some catching up to do. I'll be back soon.

posted Hide Post

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
or an hour glass figure w/ a belt...?

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I'm pleased to say that between multiple dentist appointments on my "vacation" that I have my top completed! I need to make a reservation with my LQS to reserve a time to LA quilt it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KC1930,

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Got mine back from the long-armer and have the binding one side, will pin and sew to the other side.
Have to finish before surgery on July 9th.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Sounds like You girls are really on Top of things. LOL! I'm pushing along in between party after party. Summer just wears me out.

J Lu

Posts: 991 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your surgery, motqltr!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am working on mine. I have all my cutting done fo the main portion of the quilt. I have half of my "units" put together and all the other parts sorted for my other units. Still not sure about the border ect. Hopefullly I will get to work on it tomorrow.

Tami

Posts: 117 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● The job is still taking it's toll. I hope to be here more soon. A question arrived today.

quote:
Is it okay to send the quilt out for quilting?
Yes, you may send it out. You may also tie it if you wish.

I've got a new peek and since I don't have to work on Thursday, we'll have Bonus Peeks all day long. If you have any peeks to share send them ASAP because all peeks posted on Thursday will earn DOUBLE BONUS SQUARES. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
House hunting, moving from CA to Idaho (leaving today) and then job hunting has taking their toll on my challenge. I have 80% of the piecing done but won't even have seeing supplies until the moving truck arrives next week and lots of house painting and job hunting to do. We will see if my quilt gets done this year.

Even if I had my machine in the evenings, I am too tired and sore to sew. Loading a houseful if furniture is fun but so much cheaper to do it yourself, and I have been overdoing it to save my parents because they are in their fifties and I am not. I do gain my first ever sewing room in the new house though! My bedroom is smaller and fits only a full bed
but I don't care. Sure beats hauling everything out from my closet when I want to sew. And hopefully I can find a job that won't be 2 hours commuting everyday leaving more time for family and sewing.

Posts: 1871 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Yippee, I finished my quilt and I am very pleased with it. Now I'll press it, fold it up and put it away. Oh I need to take a picture and send it to jayardi soon.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 727 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Good Morning Everyone and Happy Fourth!

I've have a few peeks set up for today. I was a little disappointed no new ones arrived since my announcement. Frown No matter, I found some great ones to share. And remember, all peeks shared today will receive 2 pairs of BONUS SQUARES for next year. Big Grin

I am going to start with this one, and offer some BONUS SQUARES to boot. Since some of you are finished, I will give each of you the choice to add them this year, or hold them for next year.

If you can figure out what this photo represents, you will get 2 pairs of BONUS SQUARES. Send me an e-mail with your guess. Deadline is Friday night. Must be in my inbox before I get up on Saturday.

Today's First Bonus Peek

posted Hide Post
Good Morning Jean!

I will send you an email, I think I know what that is. Will we have several peaks today?

Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Time for me to get into the shower. How about a peek before I go? No, no, not of me. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
thanks for the peeks!! Just sent my guess to your email...

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
done and email sent.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Oops, I was going to post another peek before I left. So let's do two to catch up. Wink

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I'll be back a bit later with more.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Ready for another peek?

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I have to get up early so I'll be signing off now.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Last one for the night.