Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.●
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.● Sign In/Join 
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Nice variety of peeks! Tiny baskets! someone is brave!

Posts: 428 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OOOH! Such great peeks!! And such a variety of things! This is going to be a GREAT show!

Posts: 3582 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Don't forget to send me your guess on yesterday's peek. You have until morning to get it in.

I need to buckle down and figure out a design for this year. Eek

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9797 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Everyone who sent in a guess did get it correct. Guess it was way to easy. Big Grin Since no one specified if they need the BONUS SQUARES this year, I am putting them on the list for next year. Each of the following have earned another two BONUS SQUARES.

Alexemmarose
Bluesnail
Carolander
Gonesewin
IrishQuiltLass
Karen B.
McPatches
PatriciaAnne
Rondiquilts

And now, how would you like to see the real peek? I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of this quilt.

Sorry, was having problems with the file name. It did not want to attach.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jayardi,

Posts: 9797 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my! I want to see the rest too!
Thank you for the bonus squares.
Rondi

Posts: 1577 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
What great peaks already!

You know ladies - I'm not participating this year so if you'd like to share personal peeks with me - I won't tell! Wink

Posts: 8202 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Love the horse! Smile for the bonus squares.

Still not started yet as we are in the middle of moving. Hope to get sewing room set back up next weekend and start soon after that.

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Well, I have had a major change of plans. After I finish a few other commitments, I can shift over to this project and see how much progress I can make while the kids are out of school this summer. My plan of not rushing around at the last minute to finish is still in place Smile.

Posts: 5101 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Nice horse!

Posts: 4351 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
it is a beautiful horse, good thing I didn't guess because I would have been the ONE wrong answer. (I thought it was part of ribbon, like those cancer ones).
Jean, have you seen my final quilt pic? Haven't gotten a reply. I need to re-measure it because I don't remember the size. I have a couple more pics if you need a different one.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3674 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, I haven't started yet due to extenuating circumstances, but hope to get busy soon! Must confess....the Horse is INCREDIBLE.....

Nothing like a little intimidation...oops...inspiration to get me moving! Wink

Seriously, I am amazed at the horse. HOW did she do that?

Posts: 530 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Sandra, my guess is it's paper pieced. Strictly a guess

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3674 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I'm finally getting back to work on my quilt after a month off!

Posts: 331 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is a sandwich now. Whew! I hate that part of quilting.

Rondi

Posts: 1577 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Motqltr, I did get your e-mail. Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply. Please send a new photo so I can see the whole quilt.

Did you all catch that? Our first Entry is in the house. Eek I just figured out what I am going to do. This is a rarity for me, not having the design predetermined before the fabrics even arrive. Don't know where my mojo went, but it seems to be coming back a little bit. Wink

Way to go Rondi! I always dread that part too.

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Wow! Great working is getting done!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I went to back it yesterday and then didn't like the fabric I chose so I ordered something online. After I get it washed I'll get it quilted...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5212 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Finally cut mine this week! Hope my idea works!

Posts: 545 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I can see my table top again. YIPPEE!! Now, all I have to do is set my machine back up and I'll be in business.

Today we have another peek from someone playing with a bunch of HST's.

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Those look little!

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
Did some more work on my top last night. I have a peek in my camera...hoping to send it along to J tonight or tomorrow.

Posts: 1854 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Michele, finished? You rock, girl! I know you have surgery so you needed to get this done beforehand, but that's incredible.

Speaking of incredible, the horse really is outstanding! I don't know who did it, but you are one terrific paper-piecer.

Okay, okay, I have changed my mind again! It must all of that talking with Lisa. I have not started, but my Hoffman challenge is in the hands of FedEx to be delivered by tomorrow (which is the deadline). I finished it yesterday, so now I can think about this.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6678 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
My backing is here and washed. While I am waiting for the thread I ordered I will cut and sew it together since it is 44" and my top is xx"...THEN I can quilt it. OOOH! And I figured out what to quilt ON it too Big Grin

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5212 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I'm finally going to rent the LA tomorrow and quilt the top! The binding is done and it will be a pleasure to finish this well ahead of time.

This quilt will play into my plan of 25-35 charity quilts this year. Lots of tops already finished and I bought more wide backing fabric yesterday. Company is gone for the summer and the air conditioner is a delight in my sewing room. Between the outdoor work and my night job, hopefully I can make a dent in my pile.

All quilted, trimmed and ready for the bias binding this weekend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KC1930,

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all the heat outside I've decided to stay in the air conditioning and work on my quilt. Managed to get the quilting done yesterday. Now on to the binding.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Have we been chatty enough to earn any more peeks? Wink

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Finally started the sewing!

Posts: 545 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I finally finished the first and slowest part of my quilt. Now it's time to shake a leg!

posted Hide Post
quilted!!! now to finish it up! Yea!

Posts: 3582 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
My son can now pull himself up on furniture. I'd best hurry to finish this top before he discovers the bottom edge of my design wall! :0

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Sorry to be MIA again. Had some issues with my eyes again. Was under strict orders to stay OFF the computer. I have a few more peeks to post, but there aren't a whole lot here.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
The thread has come and the backing is on the frame...

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, Jean! I hope your eyes settle down for you.

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad to have my challenge top complete! As I've been putting the last pieces together, it's been rewarding to observe that this challenge has taught me to be more careful with my piecing. This quilt is so much better than my first challenge quilt!

Picture of terrimae
posted Hide Post
My top is done, but I have quite a few tops in line ahead of it for quilting, so it will be a while before my entry is complete.

Posts: 1854 | Location: East Coast | Registered: Dec 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
The top is quilted...

posted Hide Post
Jean, so sorry and worried to hear of your eye troubles. Hope it gets better for you.

posted Hide Post
After 3 years of squeaking in for the deadline, I have a feeling I won't make it this year... still a ton of work to do on the house (just moved 611 miles with my family) and I have to job hunt. My quilt is about 30% pieced, but I either have to learn to quilt with my machine or scratch it this year because I normally hand quilt mine... we will see, maybe if I don't find a job I will finish, but we also need an income Smile

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to baste my quilt top today!

posted Hide Post
Well I played with the fabric on Thursday and came up with a plan but changed my mind last night and today I started with a new plan.

One block done have no idea how many more to go.

Lee

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of chatting on here - but only a few peeks. So looking forward to the show, especially the one with the horse peek.

Jayardi - hope your eye problem heals fast!

Posts: 8202 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Thank you for your concern. They are improving, but still require rest. The computer is not helping, so I have to limit my time. I practically slept the whole day away yesterday, but I did manage to clear off my table (again) and pull some peeks for you. The problem with the peeks is, not too many coming in lately. I'll be working in the studio today, so when I need a break I will post a peek. Big Grin

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Well, Jean, if you slept all day then you needed it. So good for you your body needed it too.
I replied back to your email.

Still love the peeks!

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 743 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jean, take care of your eyes. You only get one pair! I've been debating about my quilt for months it seems. First I was waiting for COF to be over and then other things got in the way. This is my first one and I want to finish one, even if I end up doing something unoriginal. Last week I went to Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA and took two excellent classes. That gave me some inspiration for my quilt, now I just need to find some time. I promised myself that I would finish all of my COF projects this week because they're all small and I want to finish a thread painting that I started in a class last month and then I'm taking a round bargello class next week! I think that I need to regroup. I'm going to start experimenting with my idea this week while I still have the inspiration and put the COF projects on the back burner. I'm loving the few peeks that I've seen and enjoying the chatter, although I tend to be on the quiet side myself.

Posts: 195 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● My squares are still on the design wall, but they will be coming down soon. The MDA Event is next Saturday and I didn't get a quilt made for them this year. Frown I need to whip up something today. Good thing I have some packer fleece in my stash. As soon as that is done, I'll be able to start this challenge.

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
OH! That is creative!

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Ooh! Fun peeks!

Too bad there's not much to photograph in basting a quilt, as that is where I am.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I got the throw finished. YIPPEE!! I'll post it on the Sew & Tell Thread.

Now I can start thinking about getting this one under way.

posted Hide Post
Oh what great peaks.

I wonder if the face and the horse are in the same quilt.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
binding is almost finished...