Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.●
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge ●.Part II.● Sign In/Join 
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
I really like the peek. It makes the squares look really pretty. I hope they work up this nicely.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 728 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
wow the peek makes me want to take mine off the shelf and get started, but I have 4 projects ahead of it. LOL

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1488 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Wow, peeks already?!? I need to get back to mine. Tonight I saw something that made me want to go a different direction with my quilt and I have already started cutting Eek. I came to my senses and will stay focused, but it was an interesting distraction for a few minutes.

Posts: 5037 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Great peek who wants to organize mine like that.

I ended up in the ER yesterday with 5 stitches in my finger so no sewing for me for a while.

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Oh, Lee, I hope it heals quickly!

Thanks for the peek! I'm thinking today I might actually stay pulling my extra fabrics,and this is just the inspiration I need!

Posts: 331 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Ok, I have a question. I know from the instructions that we are to cut each six inch square at least once. What about our fat quarters? Can they be big chunks?

Posts: 408 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, I just got back last night from the retreat. 15 hours and everyone made it home safe. I was so busy sewing all week I didn't take a minute to turn on my computer. Wow! I love the peek! It was very interesting. I can't wait to get started on mine but, it won't be this week. Working 3 days and heading out to another retreat.

J Lu

Posts: 1011 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been arranging and re-arranging my color combinations so many times. Finally decided to go with what I have. Made the first cuts and have sewn a few seams. I'm committed now.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
That was a nice peek! Kinda reminds me of the FQ packs you see at quilt shows.

Stillsuzz, yes, the only pieces you are required to cut are the 6" squares that we swapped. Your extra squares, bonus squares & FQs can all stay in one piece if that's what works for your design...and if a "regular" 1/4 yd cut works better than a FQ you can use that instead!

Posts: 4649 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Jean, I emailed a peek

My project is maybe 1/4 done. I have more cutting, more sewing, then trimming, then sewing, then sewing.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3618 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a little more piecing done this past weekend...still lots to do!

Posts: 3459 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Good morning!
It is so beautiful out the sun is shining bright, but I'm going to stay in and sew. My top is almost finished. I'm working on borders. I will be leaving soon for CA to visit family. Sew I want to have things caught up a bit.

Posts: 728 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm about halfway done with my quilt top. Finished cutting the remaining pieces today. I'm pleased with how it is looking so far. Not sure what I'll do for the quilting yet but it'll be awhile before I get to that point.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got some more blocks cut yesterday but not sewn.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
working along on my piece...glad we have until October!

Posts: 3459 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I'm glad we have till October also. Haven't even picked it up since I sorted by color values. Don't have any of my extras picked out either. I don't think I can even begin to get it together seriously until after COF retreat.
Novice here at designing a quilt.

Posts: 519 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
all block A's are sewn, half are pressed. Then they need to be squared up. Block B's not cut yet.
I sorta fixed my machine, changed the machine needle and thread didn't break once.

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3618 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like PatriciaAnne and I are in the same place! I've only sorted colors and haven't even had time to think about the extra fabric. I also don't see how I can even begin before COF. I'm really glad this isn't due until October. I am amazed at you ladies who are well along in your construction!
This is my first time doing this, so I'm thinking of it as a learning experience. The next time I'm going to have a definite plan in mind before I select my fabrics. I think that will help a lot. It'll be fun to see what everyone makes.

Posts: 189 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well I'm not going to the COF but, I've been really busy getting all these other projects out of my way so I can get focused on this one. I've only looked at my squares and seperated them by color. They aRe sitting in a box awaiting for my bonus squares and FQs to arrive. I can not wait to get started I do have a great pattern this year girls. I hope you like it as much as I do.

J Lu

Posts: 1011 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Off to cut more fabrics. Smile

I'm looking forward to having this project completed.

Posts: 2580 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL! I'm looking forward to having this project started!

Posts: 189 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
been working away on my piece...have a lot left to do!

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Sorry to have been missing, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about this or all of you. Things have been very, very busy around here and I hate sounding like a broken record with nothing new to report. I know I won't be able to get started until after the COF Retreat, just like some of you. My brain has been in design mode lately and I have so many different ideas spinning around in my head I have no idea what I am going to do. Hopefully I'll be able to settle in on one by the time I need to start.

I'm not going to worry about it today, so how about a peek to get those juices flowing?

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9694 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Nice peek, now to join in with the rest of you who won't be starting until after COF.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6622 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
great peek!! Jean did you get my peek I emailed it a month or more ago.
I have another peek on my camera. Yesterday I worked on 2 other projects because I didn't want to stand on the concrete in barefeet and trim.
Hope to work some this afternoon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motqltr,

posted Hide Post
Like a few of you I have nothing to report either. I really want to start on it but I have so many ideas/designs in my head that I really can't pin myself down on what to do.
I do this to myself every year! I just need to pick a plan and start cutting!

Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Nice Peek! The juices are starting to flow.

posted Hide Post
I have cut...
I have sewn....
Whoop! Whoop!

Feels good!

Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
The train of productivity has been derailed for me Frown. I was so energized and have some things that have to be done now and then I can get back on track.

I'm determined to make an early finish and not be panicking at the last minute.

Posts: 5037 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Cutting... Sewing... slooowly...

Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
I find picking out my bonus squares still to be a nerve wracking experience, but it's so lovely to see the plan in my head may actually work out in fabric!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm at plan AA. What to do, what to do??? I actually have time to work on this today - if only I had a plan...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5058 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I have a PLAN!!!
I have enough fabrics! Well, I am alotted enough fabrics, whether or not I have enough remains to be seen. I may have to go shopping...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5058 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have cut most every 6" square, have done quite a bit of sewing and designing as I go. I feel like I have gotten quite a bit accomplished.

Rondi

Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
I am in Ireland and didn't bring this fabric with me as I wanted to have my stash handy for my bonus squares and fqs. Will start working on it when I get back to CA in mid June.

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
I finished my top and I must say I really like it!
Maybe next week I'll sandwich it together. I'm so pleased.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I've been working on mine Smile

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I haven't Roll Eyes I'm trying to get some little stuff done first...that & various "projects" for co-workers (alterations, quilts, etc...)
My goal is to get started after COF, but if I get to it before I'll be very happy!

Posts: 4649 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I have started finally. Not sure if I'm happy yet. I'm sending in my peeks tomorrow Jean. Don't get to excited it won't look like that long.

J Lu

posted Hide Post

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Holy Cow! Shequilts, WAY TO GO!!

Sadly, I still haven't settled on a design. I am almost finished with my COF Challenge, but the t-shirt quilt is still waiting for a binding. Frown

Posts: 9694 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Jayardi,
When I like something I really work on it, OCD kind of I guess. Smile

Picture of Karen B.
posted Hide Post
Making good progress here.

Posts: 31 | Location: Wisconsin/Mississippi | Registered: Feb 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have many obligations coming up this summer and fall so have really been trying to work on this...still piecing but making progress...

...any peeks yet?

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Yes, yes, the peeks are starting to come in. We have a few more people cutting into their fabrics. (please don't send any more photos of your leftovers, now we want to see what you are sewing, Smile)

Today is a two-fer . . .

posted Hide Post
I had all day yesterday to myself and got most of my top done! Have had to put it away to get another project out of the way but hope to get back to it soon. Love the progress I have made.

Rondi

posted Hide Post

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Sorted the squares, choose my stash, and started cutting squares.

Posts: 2707 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I've gotten 3 orders for my quilt after seeing it hanging on my design wall. My children think you can just whip one of these out in ten minutes. Ha! I'm love it.

J Lu

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
all block A -- pressed and trimmed
all block B completed
Some block A sewn to block B
Progress (I hope)
I have selected an Oklahoma family for this quilt...the mother of one of the girls that died is from Medical Lake, Washington.
I have to finish this before COF; shoulder surgery is July 9th