Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Potholders Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
Hot-Hot-Hot!! It's a potholder swap. You will make two (2) potholders, any design, any method.

here are the details:

THEME: You choose

MAIL BY: November 12
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: Two (2).
I will pair you with a partner. You will mail directly to your partner.

check out these links for some tutorials:
http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=potholders
http://www.oneprettything.com/?s=potholders
http://www.pinterest.com/searc...s%20diy&rs=ac&len=10

all level quilters welcome!

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.

Optional: Color Theme

jbeanier will swap with nlk
Quiltnanny will swap with emb115724
HappyErme will swap with califgal
PatV82 (earth tones/American Indian) will swap with Shirlwin
goaskmom will swap with HappyCyn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 5042 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking about it...

Posts: 1962 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I'm going to join up for this one. A couple of years ago I thought about hosting a potholder swap because I'd never seen one here before. Well, time got away & I'm so glad to see this. Whoever draws my name please make mine functional & not sooooo pretty that I don't want to use them & mess them up ...Wink... because I need pot holders & plan to use them. Smile

Nicki

Posts: 8271 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
never made potholder so let me give it a try. i'm in

Posts: 3524 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I'm in for this swapSmile

Posts: 402 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
just seen some cuties on FB sign me up please.

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 877 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
This one does sound interesting. I finally gave up all my fabric ones and use only the silicone ones for oven stuff. But i would love some pretty ones as trivets. So sign me up. My kitchen theme is American Indian and earthtones.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 488 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I've already started on mine & have 1 of them 1/2 way finished. I like how it's turing out.

Nicki

Posts: 8271 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HappyCyn
posted Hide Post
Having problem sending PM to you. I'll try tomorrow

HappyCyn

Posts: 100 | Location: Baldwin,NY,US | Registered: Nov 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
This will be fun so sign me up please.

Margie

Posts: 1288 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
I will join this one too! I have actually started on a set, but kept forgetting to sign up! I did not know about "themes", so unfortunately mine are cute and fun for any takers!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
bump it up!!! Smile

posted Hide Post
Maybe next time round- saving the postage for 12 days swap if it takes off the ground.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
got a few cut out and ready to quilt.... no themes here.....

Posts: 4444 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
TTT

Posts: 4444 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
finished my potholders yesterday so i'm ready to mail to my partner. this was my fist attempt at potholders.

patsy

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Went to JoAnn's yesterday to buy the batting for potholders. Their batting is 50% so great deal right? Looked everywhere, couldn't find it. Get to the checkout and I am told it is not kept with the batting but with specialty fabrics. !!!!!
Forget the price scanner in the aisle - how about a Finder Computer to locate something basic called batting.
Obviously mine aren't finished....

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 488 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I put the heat batting and reg batting between. I can't remember the name of the heat batting. it has foil,

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I'm using the heat & regular batting in mine also. That heat batting is called Insul-Brite & it's easy to work with. I've got one potholder made & will be finishing up the second one tonight.

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Sign-ups closed. Addresses will go out soon

Posts: 5042 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
YAY! I just finished mine last night & love the way they turned out. Can't wait to see who I'm swapping with & so excited to get a new pair for my kitchen!

Nicki

posted Hide Post
Partners have been posted, check private messages.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Howdy jbeanier...Wave I look forward to swapping with you.

Nicki

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
yeah, glad we have our partners. Now I can get started. Patsy, looking forward to this swap. Smile

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3164 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Yay!!!!!! Erma finally we are partners. i'm looking forward too Erma.

patsy

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
will put in mail soon, almost done!! woohoo
I have a lap quilt that needs to get done soon.
hope you like what I made edna

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Erma you potholders are going out in the mail today, I hope you enjoy and like them.

Patsy

p.s. Erma I didn't realize P.O. is closed today so I will mail them on Wednesday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine off to jbeanier today. I haven't heard from her since mandylifeboats matched every one up so I hope all is o.k. with her. I sent mine snail mail so I guess it will take until about early next week for it to arrive.

Nicki

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Patsy, I will be on the look out. I need to get of my seat and make yours. DD and soon to be DGS are taking up a lot of my sewing time, but it has been fun.Smile

Erma

Posts: 3164 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Edna be on the look out put your pot holders in mail today..... woohoo hope you like them

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I posted mine at the beginning of the weekSmile

Posts: 402 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Patsy, The beautiful pot holders are here. Thanks you! I was going to work on yours on Thursday during my "sit, chat and sew" group, but I did more chatting than sewing Smile so I will finish them soon.

Erma

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Do we get to see a picture of what you received?

Nicki

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
jbeanier, have your potholders reached you yet?

Nicki

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Yes posted on the wrong page but I did get my pot holders on Saturday and what a great surprize and picked me up from a slump ty again Quiltinanny going to put yours in mail tomorrow.

Posts: 877 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
NLK, I did get my potholders yesterday afternoon!! They are adorable, thank you so much! They are big, pretty, and functional. I will definitely get a lot of use out of them! You will probably get yours in the mail next week; I am a little slower than you! You were just on top of this!! Love it! Thank you!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh good & I'm glad you like them. I'll post a picture since you now have them in hand (no pun intended...Big Grin) I'll be watching for the ones you send. For those of you who don't know, these are pocket pot holders where you put your hand in the back side of them when you use them. It's the first time I've ever made any like this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Very pretty nice colors. Put mine to quiltinanny in mail today.

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
I am unable to post a pic of the pot holders I sent to emb.. pic too big on iPad ...
Edna are you able to post a pic?

Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
Edna, emb,,,, I received my pot holders today. very nice never had round pot holders b4 thanks for the extra. I am unable to post pics.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltnanny,

Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Glad you received them , your pot holder will also work for trivet for hot dishes. your very welcome.

Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Been trying for the past hour to post a picture. I DO NOT LIKE new computers!! Received my potholders from Happycyn. Now if someone could please tell me how she knew my kitchen was a lot of red with all the Campbell soup items!!! The extra hotmat I think I will put on top of my microwave. Will fit perfect!!

I finished Cynthia's potholders while gone on our 2 + week camping trip to Eastern Oregon and will get the pkg. in the mail by the end of the week after I dig my way out from under all this laundry.

Thank You Cynthia

I hope this works this time Well it worked but the picture is sideways. Sorry

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goaskmom,

Margie

Posts: 1288 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty pot holders from Happycyn! I'm glad they match your kitchen. This was a fun swap & I hope we get to see other pictures.

Nicki

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I mailed yours out today.The PO tells me it will arrive on Monday. I have had a bad week so far and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. I did not expect for DS to have an emergency appendectomy. I have had the Grands all week and I now know why children are for the young. I am so tired.
Since I am so late I will post a picture so you can see what they look like.
I had the worst time hand sewing the thru the insul-brite, then I did it on the machine and it was hard for that needle too.

Erma

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
These are my potholders. My swap partner was Calf Gal. Thank you Patsy. I love them.

Erma

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Oh how I love both sets of pot holders. The folded stars are very pretty but look like they would be hard to make.

The ones from Patsy are so pretty & colorful. They will really brighten up the kitchen.

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

Nicki

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Received this wonderful bundle from Australia! Shirlwin - you Rock!

Potholders, Trivets and a cute microwave bowl

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
PatV82 it looks like you hit the jackpot! Those are so cute. I would love the pattern for the microwave bowl potholder. It's cute with those points. I better send Shirlwin a p.m. Smile

Nicki

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I got the most beautiful potholders from Happy Erma. these will go on my frig, they will not be used, they are way to pretty. thank you Erma I love them. i'm a lucky girl.

patsy

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I am pleased they have arrived PatV82Smile
Nik, the trivet has the points; the microwave bowl holder is the one that was tutored here the first FridaySmile I had fun making all the 'things'Smile