Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Gorgeous hexagon sphere quilt !!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gorgeous hexagon sphere quilt !!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of native Texan
posted

Posts: 4591 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG...that is such total perfection and dedication..

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9893 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly amazing. sandy

Posts: 967 | Registered: Apr 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! My jaw is on the floor. I bow to her. That is amazing.

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5094 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
OK, between the gorgeous quilting I've seen lately & now this unreal quilt, I give up! I'm turning in my machine & my stash & someone else can take over. I'm not worthy!!

The center of that quilt absolutely pops off its background. They nailed the 3-D effect! The precision it took to piece it... Gotta go now, my head just exploded! Eek

Posts: 5427 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, my goodness! That is amazing.

And, did any of you look at her Shadow Trapunto Quilts!?!?!?"!?!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6210 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16472 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Wow!!

Posts: 3673 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
WOW!! what talent!

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
I have been watching this talented quilter for a couple years now. Her talent, on everything she does, amazes me.

I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/

Posts: 3434 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with StarrySky, with this 'wow inspiring' quilt and the site that she posted about the other day, I am about ready to give up trying anything (almost)I do know that I am not about to show anybody some of my work, but my fingers are itching to try something. I like a challenge but this is something else.

Wanda

Posts: 1727 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
I look at those quilts and think the makers must have maids and butlers, leaving them all the time in the world to concentrate on their craft. I know that's not true, but really - how do they do it?!

I'm not against trying new things, but I really REALLY need my life to be in order so I can concentrate 100% on what I'm trying. That means no sitting down to teach myself something while the dryer bell is buzzing, the oven timer is going off, the phone is ringing, and the cats are circling for food.

I read long ago that it's good to keep trying new things - keeps your brain "young" and "plastic." I believe it. But I also know that there are some achievements I will never achieve! And I'm in awe of those who do.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StarrySky,

Posts: 5427 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
She posted that it took her and her Sisters three months to do this quilt. That is still fast!!

CC

Posts: 4591 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post