Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Holiday Mugrug Swap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holiday Mugrug Swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
this month's theme is Holidays. you might ask your partner which she wants to celebrate; to include Christmas or Hanukkah, choose a winter theme or happy festivus for the rest of us.

what is a mugrug? a mugrug is bigger than a coaster, much smaller than a placemat, big enough for a cup and a treat. here are some links to get u started. lots of tutorials if u scroll on down. mine usually measure 6 x 9", give or take.

Come join the fun! beginner quilters welcome!

www.twomoreseconds.com/p/mug-rug-madness.html
http://pinterest.com/wandans/mug-rugs-luv-em/

here are the details:

THEME: Holidays

MAIL BY: December 1
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: One. I will pair you with a partner.

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.

Sassy Needle Pusher will swap with rozhearts
PatV82 will swap with applik
motqltr will swap with Grandmasbrood
SueB will swap with longjohn
Catwmn27 will swap with Fleur55
J Lu will swap with RN55
BetsyLu65 will swap with califgal
sewnso will swap with CitySandie
KaylaQuilts will swap with jbeanier

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 5048 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Yep, Im in - international as well.

Happy Autumn

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
me, please!!

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3643 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Count me in Mandy

Posts: 194 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
me please too

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1507 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'm in Mandi

J Lu

Posts: 1089 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Me too please and as usual will swap internationally. Guess I don't have much choise !!!!!

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Me too! Having fun with these.

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Why not....I don't have enough to do Smile Of course I'll swap internationally ....I'm always up for that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewnso,

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3065 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I'm in also and have no problem swapping internationally

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 764 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Count me in Smile, international no problem.

Fleur55

Posts: 765 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
count me in please Smile

Posts: 3534 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sassy needle pusher
posted Hide Post
I want to play!

Sassy NeedlePusher

Posts: 4372 | Registered: Dec 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
I would like to be in on this one! Shipping internationally would be just find with me too.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
I would like to be in, will swap with friends across the big pond. Will PM you. RN55

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in- will send a PM. Looking forward to it!

Posts: 420 | Registered: Jan 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Is this still going haven't seen ativity in awhile?

Posts: 438 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
RN55 the sign ups don't close until Nov. 1 after that we will all get the name of the person we will swap with. Smile

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3065 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Mandi I'll do international also I forgot to add that

J Lu

Posts: 1089 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mandy, I'm willing to swap international, as well.

Sassy NeedlePusher

posted Hide Post
New New Newbie to this whole quilting world..... with that being said can I join or is this for established quilters?

Posts: 16 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grandmasbrood, you are welcome to join the swap. all level quilters are invited. i will send u a private message so you can reply back with your address.

Posts: 5048 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Massachusetts, Grandmasbrood!!! You will love it on this board and especially Mandy's swaps.

Posts: 194 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have jumped on board, now the butterfly's are fluttering all around my stomach! I wanted to start off small so this will be fun. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Posts: 16 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: Oct 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of applik
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1272 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sign-ups closed. swap partner addresses to go out soon.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... I'm in ..

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9133 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
my mugrug is done just need to know my swap partner.

patsy

posted Hide Post
addresses have gone out. check your private messages. If you are finished, you can mail anytime to your partner. Upon receipt, please post a pic if you can!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
mandy I didn't get a pm, can u resend to me please.

patsy

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
can someone tell me who my swap partner is, I didn't get the pm. thanks

patsy

posted Hide Post
check your private messages. your partner is BetsyLu

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
ty got the message with addy

Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Califgal, let me know what theme you prefer for yours if any.
Thanks!

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
surprise me Betsy, I leave it up to you. I will be extremely happy with anything u choose.

patsy

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Got my swapee thanks Sue.
"Sassy needle pusher" what is your favourite holiday or would you like the surprise ??????
I am happy with anything.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I got a little ahead of myself Rn55 you rug is in the mail. You can wait till Xmas if you can stand it.

J Lu

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rozhearts:
Got my swapee thanks Sue.
"Sassy needle pusher" what is your favourite holiday or would you like the surprise ??????
I am happy with anything.

Hi, Roz - glad to meet you! About the only thing I'd rather not find on my mug rug is "Xmas". Christmas is one of my favorite times! Usually, I have one 6' tree decorated with mostly handmade ornaments, and a little tree with Coca Cola Santas, and another with handmade angels (not cherubs). This year , that will all stay packed away - we've got a 6 month old 50 pound Labrador retriever puppy and she is a thief! I'm afraid she'd eat the decorations!
What about you? What's your pleasure?

Sassy NeedlePusher

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Catwmn27 sent you a PM.

Posts: 765 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roz, would you like to come to Texas for Christmas Smile Let's pretend you are, OK? I'll try to not spill hot chocolate or spiced tea on your mug rug before it leaves my house. We're forecast for our first fros.t warning tonite

Sassy NeedlePusher

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Betsy your mugrug is on it's way. I mailed it today.

Patsy

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
RN55 checking in to see if you received your rug

J Lu

posted Hide Post
Rozhearts, any idea how long it takes to mail from my house to yours?

Sassy NeedlePusher

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Sherry. I have been absent for a few days and am now only catching up with the chat.
I would love to come to your place for Christmas and would not worry about the spilt hot chocolate. We only serve cool drinks here too hot for anything else. I am happy with whatever you send, I treasure all my little rugs I have received this year nice to finish of with Christmas.
I would estimate at least 10 days for delivery it takes about that amount of time from here in Australia.
I have your rug ready to post just have to get it wrapped.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I got mine done except for the hand-sewing. Hope to mail in the next week.

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3643 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I mailed yesterday

Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Thank you Califgal! I love snow globes, my mom used to collect them along with music boxes. Smile

BetsyLu65 Wink

Holiday MR

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
glad u like it Betsy. sorry the Merry Christmas isn't straight. first time I've tried embroidery with my machine.

Enjoy,
Patsy

posted Hide Post
oh i love it!

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Catwmn27, will be going to Post Office today to mail yours Smile

Hugs,
Dianne