Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  COF Tile Quilt Class Photos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COF Tile Quilt Class Photos Sign In/Join 
Picture of Fleur55
posted
Take a look at the amazing job everyone did in the Tile Quilt Classes! Just click on the link.

http://tilequiltclassphotos.shutterfly.com/pictures

Posts: 735 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Fluer55 that is a lot of finished squares. You must have made everyone behave and stay on task. LOL
The blocks are beautiful, thanks for sharing all those pictures. Looks like a fun pattern to do.

Posts: 8101 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Very nice pics!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Carolyn, Just you and me on the board right now??? Amazing, never saw so few people on.

Posts: 8101 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
I hope you will share this technique with us during a Friday PJ party this fall....looks like fun!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
I agree, that would be a good Friday nite pj class. Smile.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Better yet.. come to one of our Alabama retreats and show us how. Smile

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25836 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
They look awesome! I hope Ambher will post her table runner, it is so cool the border treatment she did to it.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the pics - I loved this class! Can't wait to sit down and work on the second block.

Posts: 6614 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Fluer a PJParty Pleeeeese!

Posts: 987 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
The photos are great! Each block is beautiful, and it is wonderful seeing all of the lovely ladies!! Thanks for sharing!!

Posts: 437 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Those tiles are beautiful.
I agree with KC, someone needs to hold a class on PJ Party Friday nite this fall.
I'll be there.

Posts: 13291 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Okay,I will give the PJ Party some thought Smile

Posts: 735 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17113 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I took her class. It may be adaptable to a PJ party, but its a lot of work and I didn't completely finish my block (haven't got it fused down yet, but checked and the Steam-a-Seam2 is keeping it in place. Do plan to complete all three blocks she gave us and finish up a runner. The results are pretty cool.

Posts: 5780 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Those are really cool blocks!! I'd love to see a PJ party on that technique!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5832 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Great pictures! Love all of the colors in the blocks.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6648 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..Wonderful pictures, and I recognize several of you ... and sure wish I could have been there. Just showed the slideshow to my brother and he was impressed with all the beautiful work .... and he does recognize good work as my SIL was a quilter too. Beautiful work ladies ... and having had Fleur for a teacher - and dear friend - I know you were being taught by a professional.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9117 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
What great pictures, just love seeing everyone and the blocks are wonderful.

Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1612 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
These are amazing

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
Great pics! Can't wait for the PJ Party.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 732 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I loved this class! And since it takes some time, maybe we could do a PJ party in 2 sessions.
Something to think about Diane.

Thanks again.

Diane

Posts: 4007 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, what a wonderful block!!! And I already have two packages of steam-a-seam lite 2!!!!! Looks like a fun class.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6619 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
Those are so pretty! I'd love to see the process in a PJ Party (or two)!!

Posts: 991 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pix! Love your projects and loved seeing pix of you lovely ladies!!

Posts: 3478 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Yes, you could do a two-part class if one isn't enough....

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... Fleur55 .. that big red apple is beautiful .. it turned out so pretty ... since I know you designed and drew that up before making it - what was the technique you used to make sure it would come out the way you wanted? I'm hoping it was SIMPLE Smile ... ps ... I got home awhile ago - man it's hot here ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9117 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Every block I saw was beautiful. I like all the different fabric styles in it!

Posts: 9554 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fluer55- would you be able to tell me where you got the pattern for these?

Posts: 310 | Location: usa | Registered: Sep 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hot Potter Momma
posted Hide Post
The pictures of the class brought back fond memories of your teaching and the ladies I shared the class with. Thanks for posting!

Posts: 41 | Registered: Nov 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Got mine done!!!!

Group Hug

If you can dream it you can do it. Walt Disney

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2648 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
Wow, those blocks are wonderful! I'd sure try to attend a Friday night PJ Party if there is one!

Posts: 470 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of missmikol
posted Hide Post
Love these, they look so good!

... ... ... ... ... ... ...
A hug is a great gift - one size fits all and its easy to exchange.
http://missmikolsplace.blogspot.com ~ http://russonreview.blogspot.com

Posts: 3130 | Registered: Oct 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
This is one of the classes that I wanted to take but didn't get to....want to try these, too!!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6796 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iluv2quilttoo
posted Hide Post
I wish I had taken this class. But the classes I did take were wonderful and I learned lots. You all did a great job, beautiful blocks. Thank you Dianne for showing how to do this.

Posts: 49 | Location: small town USA | Registered: Aug 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Theresa nice job!!

Dianne I really enjoyed this class. It was so well put together and I am so happy to have met you. Finally to accomplish getting one block done by the end of the class was very uplifting !!

Many thanks,

Posts: 4327 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltzilla
posted Hide Post
Those are beautiful blocks!
Great work. I'd like to see a PJ party on this, too.
I never get to participate on those Friday nights, but I always check on the weekend & see your great projects.

Posts: 6661 | Registered: Aug 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I took the class and there is a lot involved in both the prep and the 2 hour class. Not sure it would be a good class for the PJ Party. Was very happy for the teachers help and others as I kept falling behind.

Always has to be one in every group... Chris

Posts: 6141 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..gosh Chris ... so glad to see your comment as I was thinking very much the same thing - having seen a lot of the prep work and the original pieces... I too was signed up for the class but my health prevented my attending the retreat .. Frown no whine - I did have a wonderful 2 1/2 weeks being pampered by my hero/brother ..

BTW .. have not seen Dianne yet so have not seen my RBR yet! But we have Charity Quilting Group on Monday so I will get to see it then ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
GA Quilter, beautiful job! It is nice to see the blocks as they get finished. Please post once you get the runner together Smile

Hugs

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
OO La La GAQuilter. Those are pretty!

Posts: 9554 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my blocks. I hope to have the tablerunner finished soon.

Posts: 190 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The colors are not as dark as they appear in the photos. There are a lot of greens and blues.

Posts: 190 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the slideshow - everyone's blocks are so pretty - what a variety of colors.

Nice to see a couple people finished all three blocks. Waiting to see the final table runners - or whatever they're going to be made into.

Sigh.. enjoying the outside too much to get any more work done on this project for a while.

Posts: 8096 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Here's my blocks. Haven't of course stitched them down. Have to figure out what they're going to be before going any further.

Was fun pulling this project out and getting it to this point.

Posts: 8096 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great blocks everyone.

Will need to be in the mood to work on this and the mood hasn't hit me yet. Everything is together just waiting for me to pay some attention to it... Chris

Posts: 6141 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had my runner done but forgot to post it. The border is a dark navy with tiny flowers. It doesn't show well in this pic. I just quilted it on the borders as I sandwiched it together before appliqueing on the blocks.

Carolyn

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2315 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

posted Hide Post
Here is a close up of the quilting. Simple but sufficient.

Carolyn

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..very pretty piece and quilting .. love your color choices

Wounded Warrior Project