Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Picked this up today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked this up today Sign In/Join 
Picture of paus4quilts
posted
Another specialty magazine by BHG. Haven't even checked through it yet but was definitely interested in what might be in here. "Bags, Pillows and Pincushions". It's pricey ($13) and it is also very thick, 129 pages.

Posts: 5917 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
Oh, I saw that but didn't look inside. I will have to do that.

CC

Posts: 4602 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
OUCH!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8883 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to rely on you to tell me whats in it because I will not pay 13.00 for a magazine with recycled ideas in it.My conscious won't let me....

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9921 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
And you have my address, right? LOL!!

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewandsew
posted Hide Post
I agree with May. They do recycle which is fine but not at that price. Knock it down 70 percent and I'll give it some thought. Gees, some books aren't that expensive. Their greediness is beginning to put them out of business.

Posts: 563 | Location: Home | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Yep, they say right up front that some of the projects are recycled but updated. And since I did finally take a look inside after paying that exorbitant price, there are new-to-me projects also. BTW, I like magazines and books that are specific categories.

A couple of the projects are things I've saved from their other magazines and noticed there are some better methods of doing parts of them. Now I can throw the ones I've saved away.

I check Amazon and other like sites all the time for books and unless you find a really good used book, which I have done, I don't think this magazine is higher priced than books, and it has lots more pages. Just last evening I checked on six paper back books that have recently come out and with the knocked down Amazon price and my free shipping, I still didn't like the costs which were around $8 less than the publisher was asking.

With saying all that, this magazine was a 'treat' for me since I seldom buy magazines anymore. The higher price did surprise me but it was my treat.

Different strokes for different folks, right?

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
So, I guess I won't be getting a book anytime soon. LOL!!

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Wiley, you are sooooo funny. lollll

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I am at the point in my life where I buy it if I want it. You cannot take your money with you. Glad you bought it when you liked it so well.

Posts: 15212 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I'm going to look for it, so thanks for the heads -up Paus. Smile
If a magazine has a comparable number of projects in it that I would make, the price is sometimes very reasonable. For example, if there are two projects in this that I would make; it would be the same as buying two patterns. If I make more than two~ its like free patterns to me. Smile

Posts: 10448 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...I cannot help myself when I see pretties like on that cover -good thing I haven't been to the shops lately! Good for you - we all need a sweet treat now and then, and I knnow you hae to linit the type of sweets you take in Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8995 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recieved this as a freebie in the mail. There are only a couple of patterns that I don't like. Have already made 2 and both turned out great.I would have bought it.

Posts: 78 | Location: North-west Nebraska | Registered: Aug 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post