Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tea Towels Sign In/Join 
posted
I can't remember seeing any photos or posts on this topic. I am curious though, has anyone made a top or wallhanging utilizing a vintage or retro tea towel? There have been several challenges I have seen on line and on several blogs. I am thinking I might try my hand at doing one. I have several calendar towels I have picked up over the years that I love for one reason or another. Seriously thinking about making a wallhanging or throw quilt with one of them.

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, Simply Quilts did a show with the calendar towels. I have never tried it. Go for it. It can be done.

My late Aunt always gave us a calendar towel. Just ended up using them as kitchen towels. Some of the early ones were linen, then it just got to be cotton and maybe a blend. Liked the linen ones.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6319 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I just ordered some tea towels from Missouri Star Quilt Co. & am going to make some aprons from them for Christmas gifts this year. This will be my first experience with using them.

Nicki

Posts: 8267 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
If it can be sewn it can be done. When I was little my mom made one from them & she also did one using facecloths. All her "material" came as a freebie inside boxes of laundry washing powder.

Posts: 5315 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Here's the link to the Simply Quilts episode that shows the use of kitchen towels.
http://www.hgtv.com/video/kits...ter-video/index.html

Wonder if Savd has any rooster or hen towels she could use? Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wildcatmom,

~karen Wave

Posts: 3261 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed that video, thanks for posting the link. I used to love watching that show, miss it.

Rondi

Posts: 1553 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
My pleasure. Big Grin
I love it when there's an episode to show off that's an answer to a request.
Greatest lineup of quilt allstars there ever was.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3261 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post