Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sylvia Bridal Sampler Sew Along - Thread #12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sylvia Bridal Sampler Sew Along - Thread #12 Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
cuilteanna- my colors are going to red/black/white /dark gray. These are 'only' the 3rd color choices that I have made and I have purchase some of these color fabrics so I'll stick with them.

Wanda

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
that will be Stunning!!!!

Char

Posts: 3653 | Location: michigan | Registered: Sep 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmvj:
cuilteanna- my colors are going to red/black/white /dark gray. These are 'only' the 3rd color choices that I have made and I have purchase some of these color fabrics so I'll stick with them.
quote:
Originally posted by char77:
that will be Stunning!!!!

It certainly will!!

(formerly expatquilter)

Posts: 999 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Lynda DeTray has started a new BOW, starting today. So if you're interested to join you can drop her an email at sbs@lyndaquilts.com. She has set up a Yahoo group now.

Posts: 1105 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BRAVO! Great job ladies! So many blocks! You are all doing such beautiful jobs with all of these different blocks.

Posts: 3574 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Whaaaaaaa I decided to do another one. I must be out of my mind!!! This time in greens and blues, WOW background.
Here's the first one: friendship star.

Posts: 1105 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
second one
Old Maid's Puzzle

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
This is A1: Mosaic #3

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
And here's A2: Shoo-Fly

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Anael.. can't believe you're doing another one.. love your fabrics.

Posts: 8188 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Wow! I can't believe I've been missing out on this. They are gorgeous ladies. Thank you for sharing.

J Lu

Posts: 1142 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Looking into my crystal ball, I can see Anael making a 3rd quilt - this time in only 2 colors: red and white! LOL

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2275 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
Anael~ that will be another beauty!! I really do like doing these little guys, but I don't know if I have it in me to do a second quilt Smile Can't wait to see where this one goes - you have such a wonderful eye for color!

Char

Posts: 3653 | Location: michigan | Registered: Sep 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Elaine, can't believe it myself either Wink I've been thinking about a second one for some time, all in greens and blues and when Lynda started the new BOW I thought 'oh why not'. Maybe lap size? I haven't decided yet.

LOL bluesnail, I don't think so. There's still my Dear Jane and FWS to finish too. Life would sure be easier with quilts in only two colors Wink

Thanks Char! Using only green and blue is not as easy as I thought it would be.

This is the last one I made today, it's Bright Hopes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anael7621,

posted Hide Post
Anael, another one!! I will be following your progress. Love the color combination of 2 colors green and blue. Your blocks are fresh looking , like spring. Keep up the good work. Sue

Posts: 1606 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Here's Birds in the Air

Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
What a gorgeous colour combination Anael! I can safely say that ONE of these was enough for me.

Posts: 999 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anael- another very pretty block. Sue

Posts: 1606 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Anael, either you're an overachiever or you have way too much time on your hands. I can't even get one done and you're starting on your second one. Way to go girl!!!

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2834 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies Smile

@meme quilts: I think I have too much time......LOL. Though I'm quite busy these past few weeks with visiting my grandkids in hospital, making snuggles, smocks and sheets and helping out my DS and DDIL. Does that make me an overachiever? LOL I don't care what I am as long as it's fun making those blocks. I realized I should finish my Dear Jane instead of starting a second Sylvia! Oh well, what's one more PIG?

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Anael, I'm just jealous that you have finished one and are starting another while mine is just laying there staring at me saying: work on me too sometime.

Posts: 2834 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Anael, How I admire your ability to get so much done. I am determined, but not enough to make the progress you do. Something always seems to get me obligated in another direction before I get the decks cleared enough. Roll Eyes

~karen Wave

Posts: 3290 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Meme quilts, I think jealousy made me finish mine Wink I saw Elaine's finished Sylvia and I was so jealous she finished LOL So I told myself I had to finish mine too.
Starting another one is another thing. I didn't like all the choices I made with my first one and thought about doing one with the same color background. I won't say I"m doing all the blocks, maybe just lap size. Lots of time to decide on that.

Besides, I don't have a real job. I'm working part time which takes about 10 hours a week, not more. So it's easy to get things done if I weren't distracted all the time! I have to kick myself to get started and stay at what I'm doing. I'm not good at that!

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Here's Album 1

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Loving the fabric choice!

(Um... glad I could spur you on... )

Posts: 8188 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Em I'm not so sure I'm glad about that too Wink
Thanks for the compliment! As you have noticed I've done some easy ones first LOL. Wanted to do row by row but decided to follow the book and wait what Lynda wants us to do every week.

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Anael - your blocks are beautiful - just stopped in to see where you all were with this project after giving it up after less than a dozen blocks Smile I was able to use them in other projects though so they didn't go to waste. I do like looking at what you all have been doing though.

Posts: 6687 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anael- I love the color combination of your Album 1 block. It is very striking. Sue

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Anael, pretty soon we are going to have to call you Miss Sylvia. Love you color choices. This should also be a beauty.
Did you ever decide on a sashing and bindind for the other one?

Posts: 544 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
PatriciaAnn, yes I did but now to find the right fabric at the right price. And I still have to decide whether I want cornerstones or not.

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
BOW: Northwind

posted Hide Post
Anael, another pretty Sylvia block. Looking great and keep them coming. Sue

Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Anael your blocks are so pretty!!! Yes, I think we need to start calling you Miss Sylvia!!! I love your color choices!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5901 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
LOL thanks my ladies Big Grin
Miss Sylvia is working on another project so no blocks for the rest of this week!

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I've been following this thread for a while and I am so impressed with you all. Beautiful, beautiful blocks and quilts.

Anael - I love your new color scheme (totally my favorite colors) and can't wait to see this one progress. Good luck!!

There are seven days in a week and Someday isn't one of them.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4100 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
I finally made another Syvlia Block. I did lots of other things but no Sylvia. Today was the day Big Grin
Here it is: Churn Dash.

posted Hide Post
Anael- another beautiful block- Love the blue. Keep them coming, because I will be watching. Sue

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sue. I made another one, Yankee Puzzle.

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I thought we had lost you there. I just started to think about this thread the other day. Welcome back! looking forward to more beauties.

Posts: 544 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thank you Patricia Anne. Life got in the way and I had lots of other things on my mind. Looks like I'm halfway back into quilting now Smile

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Anael.. beautiful blocks. I think you finished quilt 1 blocks - right? Have you had it quilted yet?

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thank you Elaine. Yes I finished all the blocks but didn't sew them together yet. I'm still looking for the right sashing. I plan on doing the quilting myself.....I hope some day I can find the courage.

posted Hide Post
Anael- Love the Yankee Puzzle.
Char- Are you still doing your Sylvia Sampler??Sue

Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
Anael~ LOVE your colors choices, as usual. Wish you could come and help me match fabrics to make quilts out of my stash Smile
Yes, I'm still working on mine. My dad passed away last month and took all the wind out of my sails, so I haven't been doing much sewing. I did finally dig out the box with the fabrics in it and am starting to make more kits for more blocks.

Char

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Love seeing all these blocks. I really wanted to do some of these while we were camping a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere I have some block kits put together, but now I can't find them. I guess that means I need to clean up my quilting studio.

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Char, that would be great Smile How long do you want me to stay?

Thanks Meme! I would love to see other blocks too Smile

Here's the next one: F7 Big T

posted Hide Post
Anael- Your blocks are looking great and I love all the color combinations. Great choices. Keep them coming.
Char- glad to hear you are still working on yours. Post when you have one done. Sue

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sue!

Here's the next one: Road to Oklahoma (block # K1)

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
This morning I found the kits I had made up for 3 blocks. Maybe now I can get at least those 3 done.

posted Hide Post
Anael- Love the colors of your last block. Nice and happy colors. Keep them coming. Sue