Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sylvia Bridal Sampler Sew Along - Thread #12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sylvia Bridal Sampler Sew Along - Thread #12 Sign In/Join 
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
This is the next BOW: N6 Kaleidoscope

Posts: 1103 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anael- I am loving all your blocks in blues and greens. I will keep watching for more blocks. Sue

Posts: 1556 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
And the next one: G3 Bear's Paw

Posts: 1103 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Anael.. those blocks are beautiful. That's going to be one gorgeous quilt.

Posts: 8045 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anael- each block is more beautiful than the last. Hard to pick which one I love best, because I love them all. Keep them coming. Sue

Posts: 1556 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thank you Elaine and Sue!

Here's L10 Contrary Wife

posted Hide Post
Anael- Love it, Love it. Sue

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Here's block E9 Queen Charlotte's Crown

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
And the next one: C6 Crossed Canoes

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, as usual!

Posts: 4647 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I started mine today! Finished 13 blocks today. Need to start cutting more out and preparing the applique blocks, now that I learned how to applique at COF retreat. I'll post pictures later.

Posts: 519 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I actually jealous on how beautiful and precise all these blocks are. You gals must have so much patience to make that many blocks. I know that Sue is keeping up with all of your progress and she tells me when the ones are posted. Keep up the good work.
Pat

Posts: 8028 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anael- Two more beautiful blocks done. Love them all. Patricia, will look forward to seeing all your blocks. Sue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sister sue,

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Here are my first 12 blocks. I actually did 14 blocks, but 1 I put together wrong so have to take a row off to fix. I will post in groups of four just to take up less space.

Group 1: Nine Patch, Churn Dash, Card Trick, and Shoo-fly

Posts: 519 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Group 2:Broken Dishes, Puss in the Corner, Pinwheel 1, and Contrary Wife

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Group 3: Clays Choice, Irish Chain, Children's Delight, and Friendship Star.

posted Hide Post
Patricia- love your blocks. Glad to see another quilter doing these blocks. Keep them coming. Sue

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Nice job Pat!

Posts: 4647 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
YEAH more Sylvia blocks Smile Great job Patricia!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Oh PatriciaAnne, Beautiful blocks. Are they hard to get sized properly?? Looks like you are doing a good job. Pat

Posts: 8028 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess what everyone. Patty J gave me Sylvia's Bridal Sampler for my Birthday. This is the perfect gift for me. Patty and I have been talking about this book for several months. Now I have questions. Did you start at the front of the book or by the index??? Any tips you can give me?? I enjoyed looking at all of your blocks, so I got the urge to try it. Wish me luck. LOL Sue

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Anael - loving the colors of your second set of blocks.

PatriciaAnne - wow - good for you. You'll have a beautiful quilt when done. Keep posting.

Sister Sue - what a neat gift! Glad you'll be joining the group. Please post your blocks for us to appreciate.

.. Each of us I think worked in our own way. I did do row by row for the majority of it. Some did applique first or last, or easier blocks first. So it's up to you how you go. My concern with jumping around was trying not to have too much of the same fabric near each other since I was doing scrappy.

Posts: 8045 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sue on your Birthday and on a great gift!
I made an excel file so I can monitor the progress and the fabrics I used. As I'm trying to follow Lynda De Tray's BOW on Yahoo I'm jumping around. Besides the BOW I'm just making the blocks that speak to me at that time Smile
So like Elaine said, it's totally up to you how you want to go ahead.
Please post pics of your blocks!!

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Like Anael said - there is an Excel spread sheet so that you can see and how it's progressing. A virtual design wall that someone (sorry I don't remember) created and passed out.

If you're interested, PM me your email address and I can send you the file.

Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
Amazing progress Patricia! Your blocks are really lovely.

Belated Happy Birthday Sue, and what a wonderful gift! I started from block A1 and did them nearly all in order. (Yes, I am fairly OCD!) I set it all up in EQ7 so I could print foundation patterns for the vast majority of blocks. My accuracy often leaves something to be desired so it was safer for me to do it that way. My one regret is that I didn't choose a single fabric for all my backgrounds but that could be the OCD thing again. Have fun, and I look forward to seeing your blocks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cuilteanna,

Posts: 990 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the suggestions and hints. I will be thinking about it this weekend and try to come up with a plan that works for me. Also, thanks for the well wishes. I will post when I get one done. Sue

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see your blocks Sue! Good luck.
I just started to pull out easy blocks that I could cut while at COF.

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Here's D2 Milky Way

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Love the colors!

posted Hide Post
Anael- Love the Milky Way block. I went to my LQS today a bought cream color, small design for my background fabric. I am still working on my Smokey River Quilt, multi pieces every where. LOL Will start my blocks next week. Sue

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Thanks PatriciaAnne and Sue!

Sue, I can't wait to see your first Sylvia block! Creme will be beautiful as background.

posted Hide Post
I finished by Smokey River Quilt,( you can view it on Sew N Tell for July 19) so now I can get started on my blocks this week. Need to pick a block and then fabric. It should be fun. Will post when I get my first one done. Sue

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see it either Sue, Remember to keep a list of blocks done so you don't make more than one of the same. Laughing. Did you decide your colorway? Pat

posted Hide Post
I think I am going to start out with gold and black combination with cream background. Sue

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sister sue:
I think I am going to start out with gold and black combination with cream background. Sue

OOH - that sounds striking. Can't wait to see some blocks.

Anael, another pretty block.

posted Hide Post
Hi to All- got my book out and started on my blocks. This is my first one G10, which is Arizona. Not my best effort, but will see how the next one turns out. Will be doing black and gold with white background. Sue

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Your first block, you only have 139 left to do, a piece of cake for you Sue, I'm proud of you for even attempting the small blocks. You know I'm in your corner. Love Pat

posted Hide Post
This is my next block- Bird In The Air. Block I8. Sue

posted Hide Post
This is Broken Dishes- Block N9. Sue

Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
Great start Sue! I like your colour scheme a lot. You didn't start with the easiest blocks in the quilt, that's for sure!!

Very pretty Milky Way Anael!

It nearly makes me want to start on the Dear Jane quilt.

Posts: 990 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Sue, congrats on getting started. Love your color scheme!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments. I might redo the Arizona block, but not right now. Will try a few more this weekend. Sue

posted Hide Post
I finished another block. Called Aunt Sukey's Choice, which is F 10. Forgot to add pic.Sue

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Great to see new blocks! Keep up the good work Sue, I love your fabrics! !

I finally made another Sylvia block. Here it is.
N2 Card Trick

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Anael - love the fabrics in that card trick!

Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Sue can't wait to see you blocks together with those colors! should be very rich looking.
Anael-once again a beautiful block!

posted Hide Post
Anael, love the colors of your Card Trick. Nice job. I will be doing a few more this weekend. Sue

Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
I've been following this right along and I am just amazed by the dedication of all of you. Gorgeous blocks.

Anael - First, I can't believe you are making a second one! Secondly, this blue and green color scheme is just beautiful. I love it!

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4048 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Anael, You just keep posting and keeping Sue in the creative mindset. She is having fun with her blocks.
Anael, I agree, your blocks are beautiful.

posted Hide Post
Love seeing this post is still around and others are working on this quilt. I made one several years ago. Keep up the good work everyone.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post