Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Dresden Plate hotpads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dresden Plate hotpads Sign In/Join 
Picture of nancyc20
posted
http://cottoncharmquilts.typep...t-pads-tutorial.html

these are so cute!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8944 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Aw shucks. Those are too pretty to mess up in the kitchen!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6758 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Stinkin' cute! And couldn't you see them made out of vintage quilt pieces that had holes or stains elsewhere?

Posts: 6048 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ljptexas
posted Hide Post
Those are darling. but my ufo's & to do list is already tooooo long!!!!

Posts: 147 | Location: NE of Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
They are cute, but I'd use them like trivets - under hot bowls on the dining table.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I have made some of them ... sent them in a swap as a trivet with the pot holder swap. Easy to do and very effectiveSmile

Posts: 423 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great idea... Chris

Posts: 6251 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
love them!!!

Posts: 5049 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I really like the double quilting around the center. I'd have to have a shabby chic kitchen to use these! Would be great for a lady's tea with my mom's china cups.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8944 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Cute mug rug or placemat too. Need to look at the tute to see how the edges are done.

Posts: 7499 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5878 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
Love these! And thanks for sharing the instructions.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2394 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Koronis
posted Hide Post
What a great idea. Good use of scraps. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 118 | Registered: Sep 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Love them, great way to stash bust and make gifts at the same time!!! Big Grin

Group Hug

If you can dream it you can do it. Walt Disney

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2650 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indycatCarol
posted Hide Post
Love these. I just painted a table base and stained a new circle top for it. The dresdan plate would make cute placemats for on it.

I don't mind coming to work. But that 8 hr. wait to go home is a drag.
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x189/indycatCarol/

Posts: 3474 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Nov 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Those are absolutely adorable!

Posts: 768 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing! These are really cute.

Posts: 2054 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BonnieN
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing this,I have seen them on Pinterest, but never could get to the source! They are just precious! I love the people on this board!

Posts: 2778 | Location:  | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post