Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

●.Eighth.Annual.● Scraps.to.Treasures.Challenge Sign In/Join 
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● It was a good day with a BIG surprise. After the sorting we went out for lunch and then hit the quilt shop. Patched works has so many beautiful batiks, I have a very hard time saying no. I did say no, to the batiks only. Red Face Found a new black and white and a couple of reds I just could not say no to. Roll Eyes Big Grin The Madison Ladies went home from there and then CQWannabe and I came back for a little Free Motion Quilting exercise. She is on her way home now and I need to find my camera.

I'll be back later with some photos and a BIG Thank You to all involved in the "conspiracy".

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9625 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Almost forgot, Malou, the toffee is fantastic. I hide it in the fridge so I won't devour it in one sitting. Thank you so much for sharing it with me and the girls.

Posts: 9625 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I have lots of fabric left from the last challenge. What/where was the question?

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8424 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are loved. Glad you had a nice day and some there to share and enjoy it with you.

Rondi

Posts: 1536 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Now, Jean, when we talk about a conspiracy, you never know what we're really up to. Ha, ha, ha! We pulled it off. That quilt could not have gone to a nicer person or one who deserved it more.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6532 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Rondi and needlecrazy!
It's been hard doing the waiting!
Nice that you did share that toffee! Might have to get more to you for your refrigerator! Hugs

Posts: 2237 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have some of both my fabrics from last year. I had a fun time sorting today. We have some great fabrics (and some very interesting ones)to play with this year.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
A big surprise, huh? Wonder what that could be Wink.

Now bring on the pictures, and the toffee! Jill and I shared all of ours at the Bonnie Hunter workshop. When is Malou going in to business with that stuff?!? The ladies at the workshop were wondering where they could buy it Smile.

Posts: 5025 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Maybe Malou is that lady on the TV ad for legal zoom dot com??LOL Her toffee made her lots of money. I just saw that ad again today and thought of Malou.Smile

Posts: 7836 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Anxiously awaiting the pics from the sorting party & the surprise Big Grin

Posts: 4575 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...big surprise, huh? I guess we did good ... and it was fun being a part of it

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 8993 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
I saw that ad too and thought hum Malou could start a business and we could be in on it and become rich like those duck callers guys Smile

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8876 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Okay, I'm back. Sorry it took so long, but I needed to catch up on some sleep with my brand new quilt. I started a new thread to thank everyone involved. I still can't believe you all were actually conspiring behind my back. Thank you!

Now I have more photos from today. First these cute little guys finally made it out of their box.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Second, their happy new owners. It worked out perfectly. Each of today's sorters got a pair for helping me out today. Thank you ladies, I would never be able to turn these over so quickly without your assistance.

Our sorters: (l-r) CQwannabe, Carolander, Mquiltz, QuilthappyMaryWI

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Before we started working, we had an unofficial ceremony. Since three of these ladies had won a prize in last year's challenge, and because I didn't get them out yet, I gave them first pick of the prizes. You have no idea how hard it is to match them to the recipients.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Unfortunately, no one brought their quilts with them, so I couldn't get photos with their ribbons on them. So we did the next best thing. Big Grin

QuilthappyMaryWI - First Place Viewer's Choice

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Mquiltz - Second Place Color & Value

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● CQwannabe - Third Place Color & Value

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Guess I'm not the best photographer. Frown Even taking doubles, my hands aren't very steady.

Once we got to work, we really didn't have time for many photos. And, I forgot to take my camera with me for lunch and the shop. So that's it for now.

In the future, anyone who would like to join us on sorting day, is very welcome. It gets a bit crowded and the girls got ahead of me today, but I can always find something for them to do. Wink

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I feel like a dufus... I was thinking the 31st... not the 21st... My sister is here and I just lost track of mind... sorry jean...

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25656 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... not everyone has a tree in the sewing room .. that might have contributed to the crowding .. just an observation ..

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 8993 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With being housebound for 3 weeks and not on line very often, I totally forgot about mailing my challenge Frown so my challenge will be to work on last year's challenge. I can't wait to see the choices you have! Thanks for all the hard work in running the challenge.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a good time helping with the sorting. Now the brain is churning trying to decide if my original idea is going to work or if I need to come up with somethng else. Very pretty fabrics and some interesting choices. I'm anxious to see what everyone does with a couple of them.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
so glad you loved the quilt -- I kinda helped. I loved conspiring.
Did I miss something abt last yr's fabrics. Yes I have the fabs I sent in and I have some leftover from the swapped squares.
What are those cute little things on the shelf? (I miss so much not being on here all day).

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3535 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
/// I'm anxious to see them and get started ...
remind of this day if I start whining that I don't know what I'm doing!

Wounded Warrior Project

posted Hide Post
I can't wait to get the package of fabrics and go through them. This is so much fun.

Rondi

Posts: 1536 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ●
quote:
... not everyone has a tree in the sewing room .. that might have contributed to the crowding .. just an observation ..
Big Grin I thought it was out of the way, but I suppose I should have moved it out of the room.

Quiltaholic and Aliquilt, I understand and I appreciate you letting me know so I'm not waiting for them. As soon as Tanya's squares get here, I will be mailing.

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
mmmmmmmmm...you can mooove your tree????

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8424 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QuilthappyMaryWI
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jean for everything. I also had a great time on sorting day. I agree with the comments from the other sorters on the fabrics. Could be interesting to see the use of a particular square. (I am sure someone is laughing, you know who you are!) Unlike Jean, I could not resist a couple of batiks at the quilt store we visited. Toffee was great. Let the fun begin in a few days when all receive there squares.

Posts: 65 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● It's been a very long day. I just got home from work and I am pooped. Just wanted to let Tanya know her squares arrived today. Big Grin I'm going to have some dinner before I do anything else right now. I'll be back later to update the list.

Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I got a little side tracked, but I did get the list updated.

Picture of SC Lady
posted Hide Post
So looking forward to seeing all the squares...to see if I can make it work with my plan.

Libby

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." ~~~Dalai Lama

Posts: 3953 | Location: Lower Va. | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Woohoo!

Posts: 329 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Congrats girls!! wish I was closer Jean.

Posts: 4300 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Congrats ladies Smile DH found a new kind of half sock I'm trying that puts pressure where it needs to. If it helps maybe I can join you next year for the sorting party Smile Just found out they are going to be making some that I can wear under stockings and not look totally ridiculous at the office - ready in a month or so.

Posts: 6449 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I got called into work today. Which means I didn't get as much done as I was hoping. Frown I will keep you posted.

posted Hide Post
Been there, done that!

Rondi

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Question: if two aren't sending squares, what is happening to those unused sets that we submitted? Is someone putting them into additional quilts?

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3535 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tanya f.
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry everything got held up because of my package, I can't believe it took a week for it to arrive! :-(

Tanya

Posts: 2019 | Registered: Sep 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to see these! Smile
The pics of sorting look like fun. Gratz to all the winners from last year too.

Jane_Kiwi

Posts: 1796 | Location: New Zealander livin' in NYC | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SC Lady
posted Hide Post
Second that statement Jane_Kiwi. also some feeling of being overwhelmed and I have not even seen them yet.

Libby

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." ~~~Dalai Lama

Posts: 3953 | Location: Lower Va. | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● Happy Easter Everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. I have an eye infection and could barely open my eyes, let alone look at a computer screen. It's getting better, but still need to wear the sunglasses indoors. Haven't been able to do much of anything for four days, except catch up on sleep. So, I'll be raring to go in a couple more days.

The squares will be on their way tomorrow.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Oooo! I'm excited! Hope you feel better soon.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Nothing like an eye infection to ruin a perfectly good lay in bed reading or hand stitching day .. sorry to hear about that. Take care of your eyes, we only get one set and my son is realizing the seriousness of the loss of sight in his left one. WE can wait .. don't be up and out unless you really are ready. I know, I get so momerly sometimes ... Smile

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
take care of yourself, Jean.
Excited for the blocks to arrive.

posted Hide Post
Jean,

Don't worry about the squares! Take care of yourself! Be careful with those eyeballs, you only get one set per existence! Wink

Posts: 523 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ktz
posted Hide Post
Get well first. Worry about the squares later!

Posts: 329 | Registered: Dec 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
Oh time to start staking my postman.

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1610 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your eye trouble, Jean. Take care and hope that you are back to 100% soon.

I was working on the detailed plans for my quilt over the weekend. I'm hoping that the fabrics will play nicely with my plan and that I'll have enough bonus squares Eek. I should have been playing the games.

Posts: 5025 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Jean, I can guarantee you that I will not be starting on this before June. So, I can wait on my squares until you are back up and running at top speed. So, please don't rush your recovery.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6532 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post